Kudos to the Pilots on PHL-MAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You eastyz just continue to ad lib your procedures like you always have. Us west pilots will continue to follow the procedures provided in our manuals like we always have.
That is not a procedure. It is a criteria by which the chart was built. No one will fault you for doing it that way, unless something bad happens, of course.

Maybe when you get a little (a lot) more experience it will become clear to you.

Hey, let us know when you solo...... <_<

That is not a procedure. It is a criteria by which the chart was built. No one will fault you for doing it that way, unless something bad happens, of course.

Maybe when you get a little (a lot) more experience it will become clear to you.

Hey, let us know when you solo...... <_<

Can you present actual numbers showing required stopping distance while using autobrakes during non-normal landings?

Nope, didn't think so.

So again, I'll ask the hypothetical question: in the event of an over-run, how would you explain your actions to the NTSB? Especially in light of the fact that all of the data given to you is for max manual braking.

I can hear the answer now: " I'm so experienced, I know what to do. There simply must have been something wrong with the brakes - it couldn't have been my fault. No way."

I'll ignore the other comments in your post as mere sophomoric and amateurish flame bait.

INTEGRITY MATTERS

NLC

Can you present actual numbers showing required stopping distance while using autobrakes during non-normal landings?

So again, I'll ask the hypothetical question: in the event of an over-run, how would you explain your actions to the NTSB? Especially in light of the fact that all of the data given to you is for max manual braking.

I'll ask the following "hypothetical question" = WHY is it that YOU are the ONLY supposed "pilot" on this thread that would do anything other than initially use autobrakes in the Madrid scenario? HOW can you even suggest any "over-run" with the involved runway?

1) You've no understanding of the usage of autobrakes, nor of stopping distance calculations..which you make more manifestly obvious with each additional little bit of frothy dribble you produce here.
2) You're stating that, given an incredibly long runway length (Madrid)...that you would use a maximum effort, manual braking procedure that's a known and proven way of producing overheated brakes and/or blown tires.
3) You've further stated that: ""After you've stopped its simply a matter of getting to the gate before all the fuse plugs melt and your tires go flat.". This last indicates to any reader that you would cheerfully disregard any/all brake cooling procedures, and actually continue taxi to the gate..without the slightest concern for ground staff or anyone.
4) Your "logic" is that of a person who would have "washed out" of any disciplined, or at ALL actually serious flight school...but you're striving to make up for manifest ignorance with your "Capt Cool" attitude. and unmittigated arrogance. Words truly fail me with this BS, You dig yourself a deeper hole with every fresh bleating you offer.

l8419009951_3696.jpg

I'll ask the following "hypothetical question" = WHY is it that YOU are the ONLY supposed "pilot" on this thread that would do anything other than initially use autobrakes in the Madrid scenario?

1) You've no understanding of the usage of autobrakes, nor of stopping distance calculations..which you make more manifestly obvious with each additional little bit of frothy dribble you produce here.
2) You're stating that, given an incredibly long runway length (Madrid)...that you would use a maximum effort, manual braking procedure that's a known and proven way of producing overheated and/or blown tires.
3) You've further stated that: ""After you've stopped its simply a matter of getting to the gate before all the fuse plugs melt and your tires go flat.". This last indicates to any reader that you would cheerfully disregard any/all brake cooling procedures, and actually continue taxi to the gate..without the slightest concern for ground staff or anyone.
4) Your "logic" is that of a person who would have "washed out" of any disciplined, or at ALL actually serious flight school...but you're striving to make up for manifest ignorance with your "Capt Cool" attitude. and unmittigated arrogance. Words truly fail me with this BS,

Hey motormouth: show me where I ever referenced anything about MAD and its astronaut runway? I didn't - I am writing about aircraft operations germane to any airport/runway a crew might operate on. I'm sure you've seen your share of them: BUR and SNA come to mind as a couple of potentially colorful challenges out here in the west.

As far as for all that other crud you wrote, I'll thank you for not putting words in my mouth. Fuse plugs are a safety feature designed to prevent all of that calamity I am supposedly "cheerfully disregarding." And they work.

And as far as all of that other attempted demeaning stuff, you are completely full of sheitt. Stick with what you know - but then, of course, that would then severely limit your postings here.

INTEGRITY MATTERS

NLC

Hey motormouth: show me where I ever referenced anything about MAD and its astronaut runway?

Ummm..my "bad" then...given your "heroic"/"Captain Cool" response, on this, the Madrid incident thread...well...guess I'm a bit "confused" herein :rolleyes:

"I'm sure you've seen your share of them: BUR and SNA come to mind as a couple of potentially colorful challenges out here in the west." Being ex PSA myself...yes..I've seen those a "few" times. Yes..some runways are "short"..and that has WHAT to do with Madrid?..or partial/no-flap landings at all? I wouldn't dream of landing at Burbank or Orange County with any such abnormal.

"Fuse plugs are a safety feature designed to prevent all of that calamity I am supposedly "cheerfully disregarding." And they work." You're joking...right?..Umm..Let me get this straight!?...You've never even seen so much as a training film showing exploding tires from failed fuse plugs?..Nor ever heard of associated injuries from such events?..Ever?... Please tell me that you ARE just being comical here!!?? :blink: Consider, for the benefit of your passengers and ground crew..that things don't always "work as advertised"...That's the whole idea behind having pilots actually be able to THINK. Try it sometime.

PS: How's your great vacation going?..You know..the one where you're away from these boards for a month.."wearing flip flops", "living the good life", and being somewhere "so remote here" that you need a "satellite" hookup? Just curious..as you seem to have nothing better to do than be stuck to the keyboard all the while....I'd get some sun if I were you....unless you've had too much already..which would explain a lot about the postings.

Best for you that you do, as you dig yourself a deeper hole with every comment you make..."Captain Cool". :blink: :lol:

IGNORANCE MATTERS
The part that worries me is when he/she (NLC Capt) said to "taxi to the gate before the fuze plugs melt." Who the hell would do that? Now, you've got a plane full of folks, SMOKING HOT brakes that are likely to explode, not just melt, and a gate and jetway unuseable until the brakes/landing gear and tires are changed. Plus, you've just endangered EVERYONE within 100 yards or so on the ground. Whatever happened to brake cooling charts? On airbusses, just taxiing can make your brakes pretty hot.

I don't care HOW you use the brakes to stop a 500,000 lb beast, but don't kill people if you don't have to.

That's the part that concerned me. Ever heard of a "hot brake" area? I assure you, ALL the airfields LCC goes to have one.

The part that worries me is when he/she (NLC Capt) said to "taxi to the gate before the fuze plugs melt." Who the hell would do that?.

That's apparently nothing to actually worry about, ever = NLC: ""Fuse plugs are a safety feature designed to prevent all of that calamity I am supposedly "cheerfully disregarding." And they work."

We can shake our heads in disbelief..but: Folks..you just can't make this sort of stuff up.

You eastyz just continue to ad lib your procedures like you always have. Us west pilots will continue to follow the procedures provided in our manuals like we always have.

Who's us? I don't see any other West brothers jumping in here to endorse your idiocy. Westie pilots as a group do a fine job and there is no way that they would want you as their poster child. No one is going to touch this one with a ten foot pole, honey.

Nope, didn't think so.

There are no such numbers provided, just as there are no landing distance charts based on the use of reverse thrust, Lindberg. In my ignorance, I just kind of assumed that every airline pilot in the world understood this entry level performance data concept, but I guess there is an exception to every rule.

So here goes: The charts are not provided so that we can plan for best case scenarios, get it? The fact that performance charts are not predicated on the use of reverse thrust does not make it a "procedure" to not use reverse thrust. Just the opposite is true. The same holds for autobrakes. The safety and performance enhancing tools of full reverse and MED autobrakes are absolutely to be used in the event of a no flap landing. Your gonzo drivel about explaining to the Feds why one would utilize autobrakes when there are "no charts" for this procedure is literally beyond belief. I find it difficult to believe that this gonzo thread is anything more than a sick joke on your part.

This is just some crazy, crazy sh#t. :blink: :huh: :blink:

That's apparently nothing to actually worry about, ever = NLC: ""Fuse plugs are a safety feature designed to prevent all of that calamity I am supposedly "cheerfully disregarding." And they work."

We can shake our heads in disbelief..but: Folks..you just can't make this sort of stuff up.

You know, maybe we shouldn't be surprised about any of this. If memory serves, "airline pilot" NLC is the same poster who wanted us to wet our pants over the ETOPS fuel planning procedures for the China flying. And if memory further serves, she was the one defending the Dilbert who held for several hours on one engine over Louisville so he could burn down to "max landing weight." :lol:

I always wondered if she laid that rap on her sim intructor at her next check ride when he actually expected her to land after her V1 cut. :lol:

Who's us? I don't see any other West brothers jumping in here to endorse your idiocy. Westie pilots as a group do a fine job and there is no way that they would want you as their poster child. No one is going to touch this one with a ten foot pole, honey.

This is just some crazy, crazy sh#t. :blink: :huh: :blink:

Fully agreed. I'd like to add my own comment that I do NOT feel the individual's posted ummm..."material" to be representative of the west pilots as a group, in any way, shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.