Labor Is Getting Played Like A Cheap Harmonica

cavalier said:
We have the wrong political party in the white house right now and are seeing the fruits of corporate America's payoff to Rush Limbaugh type self righteous zealots.
Which party is the right political party? They're both the same. There is no difference between the two. Sure the unions all blow on the Democrats horn but what good did that do them when Billy Boy pushed through NAFTA? Yet they still blow that horn. Wonder why? Because they're both corrupt and dishonest just like most of the politicians in DC today.

PineyBob states: "My prediction is that win or lose the arbitration the IAM will end up cutting a deal of some kind."

Bob,
I have no doubt that you are right about this. I tend to think the IAM has just been giving lip service like they have always done. I just hope whatever happens people remember that if they approve a new contract that they themselves may be relocated or assigned to work in another department on another shift with worse days off. There are great odds that they will even have to move to another state and city. So just make sure it is worth it because when the circus comes to town to sell their painted pig they are going to make it all look like fun.

MrAeroMan said:
Which party is the right political party? They're both the same. There is no difference between the two. Sure the unions all blow on the Democrats horn but what good did that do them when Billy Boy pushed through NAFTA? Yet they still blow that horn. Wonder why? Because they're both corrupt and dishonest just like most of the politicians in DC today.
I absolutely agree with this one and actually agree more with the pubs except that being a working class stiff and living as long as I have I can see the pubs look after each other and most being wealthy this leaves me out of the picture being on the bottom of the pile.

The pubs believe everyone should own a business and the dems want to take it away in taxes.

Piney believes the answer is his lib party.

For the people in Pittsburgh and tri-state area that listen to Jim Quinn, the Rush want to be be, he makes me sick. I can’t stand the guy remembering when he was shouting on the radio he was my leader when we were all teeny bobbers.

Point here: Lots of politicians play the game only as far as it benefits themselves and couldn’t care less about the masses, this includes ALL parties.

I personally believe the answer in not of this world.

pitguy said:
PineyBob states: "My prediction is that win or lose the arbitration the IAM will end up cutting a deal of some kind."

Bob,
I have no doubt that you are right about this.

Unions, our best hope but also filled with people of self interest, this includes AMFA.

At this point all I really want is my full severance and to retire without losing these once taken for granted benefits.

MrAeroMan said:
demican's and republicrats whats the difference? its all about big corporate campaign contributions and taking care of themselves. was'nt it "slick willy" who stopped the AA pilot strike with a presidential order like one minute into the strike?

aerosmith said:
I was told the other day by a high ranking union official that the IAM would be legally obliged to bring a package to the membership for a vote if presented by the company. Guess the stand is open. so much for Scotty Ford's tough talking letter. I hope they at least wait til the A/B issue is resolved. :shock:
yes and you and i will decide whether or not we close the stand... ;)

aerosmith said:
I was told the other day by a high ranking union official that the IAM would be legally obliged to bring a package to the membership for a vote if presented by the company. Guess the stand is open. so much for Scotty Ford's tough talking letter. I hope they at least wait til the A/B issue is resolved. :shock:
I hope they at least wait til the A/B issue is resolved.
that will be part of the package....................according to my HIGH RANKING UNION OFFICIAL

delldude said:
that will be part of the package....................according to my HIGH RANKING UNION OFFICIAL
Sounds like they are already working on the next round of 'pain' then. So much for the concession stand being closed. I can not say that I am surprised though. Any time the company or the union talks I figure they are lying.

pitguy said:
Sounds like they are already working on the next round of 'pain' then. So much for the concession stand being closed. I can not say that I am surprised though. Any time the company or the union talks I figure they are lying.
Given the measures taken to assure continued leadership nothing at all would surprise me anymore, but the trouble is the retired folks won't be voting for concessions.

cavalier said:
Given the measures taken to assure continued leadership nothing at all would surprise me anymore, but the trouble is the retired folks won't be voting for concessions.
YOU CAN BE ASSURED THE ONES WITH LESS THAN 5 YEARS RETIREMENT WILL PARTICIPATE!

That is how I thought it to be. I just can't figure out if the IAM is not going to give concessions and that they very clearly have stated that the concession stand is closed how they could be planning what the concession package would be.

The IAM is not planning what the concessions would be, that is the company's job.

What you all are misinterpreting is that during the airbus arbitration the company made a statement to the arbiter that if the IAM wins they (company) would like to sit down with the union and the arbiter to work out the settlement.

What people are repeating is a rumor on the floor that the monetary damages along with the $80 to $100 million in cost savings the IAM provided would be the only concessions needed.