this article is a good read

I dont know what everyone has against CEO's, including Doug Parker.

Speaking for myself, this is about spinning a message to make the workers buy into a mindset. He would have more respect if he told it like it is, but he can't do that because the message is unpalatable. If his wife believes the nickels and dimes add up when it comes to salary increases for the workers, doesn't it add up when coming to the executives? Most of the workers are not going to jump onboard that grants wage increases to the exec staff while the majority of employees have just endured the 3rd round of wage cuts. In one of the town hall meetings this past week didn't a worker ask him if there would be raises in the near future and he responded 'are you kidding this is an LCC'? Well, if it is an LCC for the workers, is it not an LCC for the executives? Do these nickels and dimes add up when granting lifetime medical care in the form of a 70K check on the day the execs turns 65? It sure did when the current and future retirees had their medical insurance taken.

Our last CEO had a brother who was unionized and drove a truck, had blue collar parents, promised to be labor friendly, and would ask for concessions once. he was one of us. He dressed casually, wanted to be called by his first name, answered questions as posed on usaviation.com, held town hall meetings, etc. That CEO worked at Northwest with Glass, Cohen and Baldanza in the 90's. Where did the current CEO work in the early 90's? It appears we are reading the same script just a different actor. You see, we have traveled this road previously and are rather skeptical. The take home message: If he wants to woo the workers, actions speak louder than words.
a. honor the current contracts
b. negotiate in good faith the amendable agreements
c. give something to the exec staff, give on a pro rated basis to the worker bees
d. execs and family travel confirmed, space positive first class for life, retirees travel as active employees.

To copy from Piney, I'm just getting warmed up.

QUOTE(allunionsdeceive @ Dec 18 2005, 12:15 PM)

and you do this why? by the way good reading
How are you calibrator?

Gonzo Is That Who That Is :shock:
I Would Have Put Money On DELLDUDE :lol: :lol: :lol:
your both wrong

UW Cactus,
I'm willing to step up to the plate, but the possibility of that happening is very little to non-existent. I think I could do the job that is required, as well as, if not better than most.

If there was a CEO of this company that cannot take the criticism and continue to do his job, then I would not want to see him attempting to run US Airways. A CEO is tested in many ways. The manner in which he conducts himself will be the "yard stick" he is measured with, by his employees and by the business world. The more "press" he gets the better. The more he addresses the concerns of his employees. The more he is respected by the employees.

There are different types of "heat" and there are different types of "kitchens". "If you can't stand the heat then........" :)
as a ceo Doug has conducted himself very well so far... also he has so far addressed the concerns of the company and the employees, its a fine line between both. on moving up, I know several people that have moved up from the bottom to directors and are doing great jobs. you cant bit** till you try.

your both wrong
as a ceo Doug has conducted himself very well so far... also he has so far addressed the concerns of the company and the employees, its a fine line between both. on moving up, I know several people that have moved up from the bottom to directors and are doing great jobs. you cant bit** till you try.
your IP hider has failed you :shock:

eating pussy is where its at......
:p :up:

That's my boy

Gonzo,

I agree with you about cal's new alias.

Hey 109,

What did Dave Siegel do that was worth paying him over $7 million when he was fired?

Lets see two chapter 11 filings in less then two years and pillaging his employees.
Unlike you Mr. Brave Heart...people know exactly who I am. I am Curt and “usedâ€￾ to be “Cavalierâ€￾ until Pitbull had me banished for outing her when she did it continuously to herself :lol:

This other poster is NOT me, ask the mod men, they sure as hell know.

These boards are filled with twisted, demented, tormented airline workers and coming here for me is strictly free entertainment watching them writhe while trying to convince the world and themselves all is ok...I Love This Country :up:

Just to clear this up (and to get this topic back on track) it is highly unlikely that calibrator and allunionsdeceive are one and then same. 'Nuff said.

Sorry Doug ...you lost me on the Crellin remark. He is not and you'll soon find out a ....good executive. He is the company goon..aka hatchet man.

The more you know Al...the more you'll realize what a mistake you've made.

Sorry Doug ...you lost me on the Crellin remark. He is not and you'll soon find out a ....good executive. He is the company goon..aka hatchet man.

The more you know Al...the more you'll realize what a mistake you've made.
and hope he sees it he will cut him loose before to much damage is done.