Labor Is Getting Played Like A Cheap Harmonica

What about delldude's statements that the members would vote on if there will be concession talks or not and on his comments about people having less than five years of retirement? (Look up higher in this same thread.)

--If the company wins the Airbus issue I say let them do what they want, BUT if they lose I want a check cut from them or force the company to close.

No one in the IAM has ever come out and said that we will vote to open the contract or not.

I believe what everyone is confusing is that when US files bankruptcy the IAM will be forced to negotiate with the company, probably not reaching any agreement and the membership being forced to vote on the company's final offer.

pitguy said:
What about delldude's statements that the members would vote on if there will be concession talks or not and on his comments about people having less than five years of retirement? (Look up higher in this same thread.)

--If the company wins the Airbus issue I say let them do what they want, BUT if they lose I want a check cut from them or force the company to close.
the point i was trying to make was that ,yes....robert roach could very well say that the concession stand is closed and that would be the end of it.....do you want him to do this or what?
do you also realize that IAM has a legal responsibility to provide for your best interest?
and in providing this best interest in your well being...at some point the decision to close the concession stand should ultimately be yours....
or would you rather find out somewhere down the road U was only asking for a small contribution from IAM and IAM closed the concession stand ?
then what you going to do vote AMFA in to save your lost job?
please stop and think........
your livelyhood should and will remain in your own hands...
unless you wish someone you don't know to decide your ultimate fate....
i hope you and many others stop and think about your destiny.....
;)

pitguy said:
Roach stated that the concession stand is closed and now I expect him to keep it closed. I don't care if they just want a dime.
well, there may be others who do not respect your stand......
you should be prepared for this....
i do respect your stand and views....
your favorite local lodge pres told me recently that we should expect it to get rather nasty in the very short term....
i'd advise you to keep your trade unionism up front to show our brothers that we must stand united........o9ne way or the other...
DUDE-OUT :eye:

Roach said it was closed. I did not force him to say that. Now if he opens it then he will show once again that he is not a man that can be trusted. Why say it if you do not mean it? As far as the local lodge President goes he does not have the support of the folks working on the floor. It was the retirees that put him in office. I do not trust him and I know he would never take any action since he is bought and paid for.

pitguy said:
Roach said it was closed. I did not force him to say that. Now if he opens it then he will show once again that he is not a man that can be trusted. Why say it if you do not mean it? As far as the local lodge President goes he does not have the support of the folks working on the floor. It was the retirees that put him in office. I do not trust him and I know he would never take any action since he is bought and paid for.
if 101 more of your buddies would have voted again,you' d be singing the sweet song... :up:
concession stand......i want to decide for myself......

If Roach was to slam the door on the company at this point and time, it would be "Dues-suicide" for the districk. Nevertheless, chest pounding and posturing in front of the membership have always been the IAM's strong point and there are always enough senior fools to believe it. Scotchy Ford is a prime example of this...just look at his proclaimations at UAL before the IAM was ousted.....and the scorched earth left behind upon their exit :angry: .

Make NO mistake about this fact.....The IAM WILL DEAL in one way, shape or form. Because if they don't it's curtains for all utility, rampers and ultimately mechanics. That my friend's is how it will get ugly.....And seeing that the rampers were duped into the IAM's Pension Fund and the mechanics were not.......Hmmmmm??? I wouldn't place any bets on the mechanics coming out of this one very well...if at all <_< .

All it will take is one large concession or a combo thereof.........take your pick:

Airbus farmout? Ramp farmout? Utility farmout? GSE farmout? Plant maintenance farmout? Composite shop farmout? Avionics shop farmout? Instrument shop farmout? Cal Lab farmout? tell me when to stop.

Whichever results in the least amount of headcount (dues) reduction will be the winner.

Place your bets folks!!! The wheel of misfortune is burning rubber!!!!! And the devil himself is driving :shock: :shock:

E-TRONS said:
Nevertheless, chest pounding and posturing in front of the membership have always been the IAM's strong point and there are always enough senior fools to believe it. Scotchy Ford is a prime example of this...just look at his proclaimations at UAL before the IAM was ousted.....and the scorched earth left behind upon their exit :angry: .

Make NO mistake about this fact.....The IAM WILL DEAL in one way, shape or form.

Whichever results in the least amount of headcount (dues) reduction will be the winner.
Unfortunately, you are dead on with all three counts.

usair_begins_with_u said:
management > labor
I'm sure it was not your intent, but that post illustrates, more clearly and in fewer words than any other post on this board, exactly what will kill US. The relationship is, and must be, symbiotic. Without management, the airline will fail. Without labor, the airline will just as surely fail. Most importantly, without the two parties working together, the airline will also just as surely fail; it just takes longer than the other two aforementioned routes.