Labor Relations....root cause to AA's problem!

Gee I wonder why it is at a low... TWU agreed to a deal and then turned on it and encourged it's members to vote NO!

What a bunch of clowns.. they need to get their act together!!

You're right -- he didn't campaign on it, but look at who his supporters were, Kev.... Did you really expect the Koch lobby not to go after this?...

And Wisconsin was hardly the first to pull this trigger. There are 20 states who prohibit collective bargaining by state employees, and another 9 or 10 said to be considering it...

Bring it on, it can't happen soon enough. Yesterday was a field day for the BOS police as Patriot's Day is an MA holiday and there were BPD officers all over the Back Bay standing around, chatting, sitting on golf carts, etc all getting paid overtime. People are starting to realize that public sector unions exist to go against the fiscal interest of public at large.

What Walker did in Wisconsin can be successful elsewhere as the two best tactics to undermine a unions strength is to instill fear and division within the membership-both of which the budget repair bill accomplished.

Josh

Bring it on, it can't happen soon enough. Yesterday was a field day for the BOS police as Patriot's Day is an MA holiday and there were BPD officers all over the Back Bay standing around, chatting, sitting on golf carts, etc all getting paid overtime. People are starting to realize that public sector unions exist to go against the fiscal interest of public at large.

What Walker did in Wisconsin can be successful elsewhere as the two best tactics to undermine a unions strength is to instill fear and division within the membership-both of which the budget repair bill accomplished.

Josh

Typical class warfare rhetoric right here folks.......
So that's what it's all about, Josh? Instilling fear in unions? While the executive class gets to mismanage and run companies into the ground?

The pendulum will swing eventually and the democrats will shove legislation down companies mouths with pro union laws .Will that be OK with you when that happens Josh?

Tell me Josh, what does Walker's legislation mandating that members have to re-certify their unions annually have to do with a budget? Do you truly believe that after raping and busting unions that these members are going to vote their unions OUT?

I guess it's ok to tilt labor relations to the corporate side...But the minute the "card check" issue seemed to become reality, all the anti unionists started screaming "ITS UNFAIR TO THE CORPORATIONS......WAAAA WAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA."
That's ok Joshie?

You anti uniionists are used to getting your way and can't stand it when a union gets even the smallest gain.

It's people like you who promote outsourcing and the decimation of the middle class in this country..
because people like JOSHIE are better than the dregs of society.

Don't worry JOSHIE, the pendulum will swing the other way eventually...Always does.

You're right -- he didn't campaign on it, but look at who his supporters were, Kev.... Did you really expect the Koch lobby not to go after this?...

I know who his syupporters were, and no, it's no surprise to see him as a marionette w/the Koch bors. pulling the strings. I'm talking about the general public, though, and the idea raised on here that they willingly voted for absolving worker's rights in November.

Josh

Way to completely ignore logic and reality on this one, Josh.

Hundreds of thousands of people marching ont he capital square day in/day out doesn't speak of "division" to me.

As far as fiscal matters go, you did see where Sen. Fitzgerald noted that gutting the WI labor laws was a move to cut off support for democrats, right? How about where they stripped all fiscal-related elements of the bill out so they could vote on just the labor piece? What about Walker himself admitting that busting labor won't save WI any $$$ at all?

Josh
turncoats like Walker will eventually strip whatever bargaining power non-union employees have, as well. This will include administrators, secretaries, and management employees for state and local governments. The taxpayers are basically screwing themselves because everything will trickle down to people that supported the idiots, and the rich will laugh all the way to the bank! Then comes the private sector. Just wait! Do taxpayers think they're immune to trickle down political raping? When the ball stops rolling most, if not all, of the people on this forum will be raped in some fashion by the GOP. Most associate Dems with taking from the rich and giving handouts to the lazy union members....well, guess what, the GOP takes from the middle class....that's YOU and ME...and gives to the rich executives, bankers, brokers, hedge funds, foriegn governments, oil tycoons, T-Boone Pickens, and Government Sach's. People seem to forget that Bush was president when TARP passed. Whom did TARP reward that were fiscally irresponsible? You guessed it....Wall Street Baby! Who's money did they use to reward themselves? You guessed it....You's and Mine! So, you go ahead and vote GOP next time! Josh!

turncoats like Walker will eventually strip whatever bargaining power non-union employees have, as well. This will include administrators, secretaries, and management employees for state and local governments. The taxpayers are basically screwing themselves because everything will trickle down to people that supported the idiots, and the rich will laugh all the way to the bank! Then comes the private sector. Just wait! Do taxpayers think they're immune to trickle down political raping? When the ball stops rolling most, if not all, of the people on this forum will be raped in some fashion by the GOP. Most associate Dems with taking from the rich and giving handouts to the lazy union members....well, guess what, the GOP takes from the middle class....that's YOU and ME...and gives to the rich executives, bankers, brokers, hedge funds, foriegn governments, oil tycoons, T-Boone Pickens, and Government Sach's. People seem to forget that Bush was president when TARP passed. Whom did TARP reward that were fiscally irresponsible? You guessed it....Wall Street Baby! Who's money did they use to reward themselves? You guessed it....You's and Mine! So, you go ahead and vote GOP next time! Josh!

As I've posted before although I am a fiscal conservative, I am also lifelong Democrat. Look at the political contributions in the last election cycles from JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America, UBS, Credit Suisse, etc and you will find many also support Democrats. According to you're leaders we're seeing politicians on the left too becoming increasing hostile and unfriendly to labor-people like Rahm Emanuel in Chicago, Obama, CA Governor Jerry Brown, etc.

Josh

People like 'Josh' can't help themselves. Don't trouble them with facts. His type enjoys nothing better than taking something from others by deception, not to mention the warm fuzzy feeling he gets inside for telling we simpletons how things "really are".

People like this have numerous afflictions, some being:

Illusory superiority: A cognitive bias that causes people to overestimate their positive qualities and abilities and to underestimate their negative qualities, relative to others.

Megalomania: A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.

Narcissism: The personality trait of egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness.

When replying to or otherwise toying with a personality (personalities) such as this, one is enabling that personality to continue on its path of arrogance. Not responding tends to drive them away, seeking new targets to "impress" with their superiority.

As I've posted before although I am a fiscal conservative, I am also lifelong Democrat. Look at the political contributions in the last election cycles from JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America, UBS, Credit Suisse, etc and you will find many also support Democrats. According to you're leaders we're seeing politicians on the left too becoming increasing hostile and unfriendly to labor-people like Rahm Emanuel in Chicago, Obama, CA Governor Jerry Brown, etc.

Josh
Why do you think most bankers support both sides? to monopolize the government so they will win either way. Money talks and B.S. walks. Jim "Chicken" Little was invited to Obama's inaugural ball and stood on stage with him.....do you see Obama helping the TWU? No. Why not? Turncoats brother! Not enough George Washington's in the envelope.

As I've posted before although I am a fiscal conservative, I am also lifelong Democrat.
Josh

And now you are on the UNION BUSTING bandwagon......
It's ok for corporations to rape workers, and it's not ok for unions to win any gains whatsoever.
So it's ok for big business to back politicians, but when unions do it,,,,,it is BECAUSE???????????????

Again, i ask you, as in the anti union Walker scumbag,,,,WHAT DOES MANDATING ANNUAL UNION RE-CERTIFICATION HAVE TO DO WITH THE BUDGET??????????????????????????

"They came for the trade unionists, I said nothing, I wasn't a trade unionist
Then they came for the communists. I said nothing, I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the Jews, I said nothing, I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to say anything."-- The poem, The Hangman

Latest posts