latest phx pilot crew news session

East pilots (you can correct me if this statement is false) are trying to put West 757 captains as 737 first officers...

Yep that is wrong. No furloughee could displace a working pilot. It's moot at this point as there are no fuloughees as of Oct. 15th. Unless you count the frozen J4J pilots.

For the sake of your post, the rhetoric is that a recall would have DOH seniority to immediately replace a working Cap. What is not said is there are about 1300 east working F/O's ahead of the recalled pilot. How does the recall jump over the working F/O? Answer: He doesn't.

If there is (now was) a recall at the time, the recall still wouldn't jump immediately to a Cap position simply because of the no bump, no flush provisions. The pilot still wouldn't have the seniority to get there anyway. So what you're referencing is spin and half truths. That is how I see it. I love propaganda, it's a great tool. Hence your questions.

That being said, it was announced a long time ago that Cactus WOULD be the call sign of the combined airline. So why is there NOW a dispute? Probably because the east complained enough to have management reconsider.

To my knowledge no one has complained about the call sign. The MEC has a dispute over the single certificate though. So I guess that could be construed to be a complaint. Even the folks at USAPA don't care what we call ourselves.

Most of the people I know could care less. Just pay us and give us our days off, unhindered by scheduling calls because we are short handed.

Yep that is wrong. No furloughee could displace a working pilot. It's moot at this point as there are no fuloughees as of Oct. 15th. Unless you count the frozen J4J pilots.

For the sake of your post, the rhetoric is that a recall would have DOH seniority to immediately replace a working Cap. What is not said is there are about 1300 east working F/O's ahead of the recalled pilot. How does the recall jump over the working F/O? Answer: He doesn't.

If there is (now was) a recall at the time, the recall still wouldn't jump immediately to a Cap position simply because of the no bump, no flush provisions. The pilot still wouldn't have the seniority to get there anyway. So what you're referencing is spin and half truths. That is how I see it. I love propaganda, it's a great tool. Hence your questions.

I'm not trying to spin anything....I actually have little knowledge of the details of the dispute...so I'll shut up and not make any more assumptions...I was just trying to point out that you call the west whiners without putting yourself in their shoes. Putting myself in their shoes (though again I have limited info) I would be whining, too. The award was bad for the East, but now the West is being dragged through all of the crap making no progress on anything when they would probably like to have everything resolved....and they are now uncertain about what the future holds. All I'm saying is it would make me cranky. And nycbusdriver says that the East is doing whats best for them and if that means an in house union for the West, then oh well. But looking at it from the West side, they are going to have a new union forced on them....regardless of whether the intention is to force one on the west or to simply look out for their best interests. Just put yourself in their shoes before you say that everyone needs to stop whining/band together, etc.

Just put yourself in their shoes before you say that everyone needs to stop whining/band together, etc.

The problem is, I've been in a similar situation / merger many years ago. It was ugly then and it's ugly now. But never, in any of my posts have I ever told anyone to stop whining. I just state my opinions and disagree when applicable. Just remember, there is a lot of propaganda, spin and disinformation coming from both sides.