Lax Hanger

HP maintenance at LAX recently moved from the old AA hanger space they were renting to the US hanger...saving the company about $50,000. a month. Maybe the rumor has gone through so many tellings, it's turned around now to US selling the hanger to AA?

No the Hangar is not being sold.The lease was extended for another year while in BK 2.It was a two year lease I believe.The hangar is leased from Delta Airlines.

AA does not need any more hangar space at LAX. The low bay hangar, superbay hangar and the old TWA hangar is plenty of hangar space.

lpbrian said:
AA does not need any more hangar space at LAX. The low bay hangar, superbay hangar and the old TWA hangar is plenty of hangar space.
[post="310869"][/post]​
<_< aa couldn't sell them if they wanted! All hanger space at LAX is owned by the City! But as Ipbrian stated, they could sub-lease space. They do have a surplus there. Although they have been known to hold assits just to keep them from other airlines! (Just good business you know!!!) ;)

In 1986 PSA had the Hangar and USair used one bay at TWA for the "C" check.
Piedmont had one bay at the American low bay Hangar.In the early nineties the TWA and American Hangar bay leases were terminated.
N617P

N617P said:
In 1986 PSA had the Hangar and USair used one bay at TWA for the "C" check.
Piedmont had one bay at the American low bay Hangar.In the early nineties the TWA and American Hangar bay leases were terminated.
N617P
[post="310939"][/post]​
<_< Sorry to burst your bubble, but last time I looked, aa's leases on their hangers, and the old TWA hanger are still in force!!!!!Although I did hear that the City isn't too happy with the "lack of use" of TWA's old digs!!!So if there's any chance of any space, that would be it! I'm sure aa would let it go for a price!!