LAX-HND in November?

sure it is... but AA hasn't announced a LAX-HND route despite the fact that they can.

That is why all the interest in hiring a bunch of new Japanese speakers seems misplaced or at least is indication that AA will have to start the route on little notice to an airport where it had a poor track record financially in the past and where two carriers already serve the route. and then there's the currency thing but if you believe that hiring a couple dozen Japanese speakers matters then financial considerations for the route clearly aren't part of the issue if long-term sustainability of the route matters.

jcw said:
All I can say is this board was great for a week or so
You got that right!!! There is a reason WT was put in a time out , just like there was a reason he was kicked off airliners.net!!! To bad his time out was short lived , however I have faith that one day he will be kicked off here!!!

Reactions: 7 people
WT, just for the record, AA is not "hiring" a bunch of Japanese speakers.  They've put out a notice (proffer in AA-Speak) that there will be twenty openings in LAX for JP speakers on Nov. 1.  These transfers will come from elsewhere on the system.  This is routinely done when new routes are started.  When we started LAX-GRU (Sao Paulo) they put out a proffer for about thirty Portuguese speakers.  They ARE emphasizing Asian languages such as Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese in recent hiring.

I still see nothing in Sabre, but since they have LAX-NRT well covered already, the addition of twenty more has to mean something.

MK

Reactions: 3 people
thanks for the clarification but can a proffer be cancelled? either way, it seems to say that AA intends to add more Japanese speakers to LAX. Either it means something besides LAX-HND or it means that AA will start LAX-HND on short notice.

and the proffer without a route announcement is far from indication of AA's addition of LAX-HND>

A proffer could be cancelled, but it was just posted the day before I started this thread, which was Sept. 18.  There was no cancellation as of about two minutes ago.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MK

AA announced today that they will begin service from LAX to HND in January with a 787.  The inbound flight arrives at 11 PM and the outbound leaves at 1:30 AM.  For me, this is a far better departure than an early AM departure, as one still can take public transportation if one takes the 1:30 AM flight.  When AA had the JFK-HND flight, if I stayed at the Sheraton, it would cost over $100 US for a cab to catch the 6:40 AM flight.  Once my flight from JFK was delayed 3 hours and did not arrive until almost 2 AM, when there was no public transportation.  The AA EXP desk had me go to JAL to obtain a taxi voucher, but they thought the cab would cost me $50 US rather than the $95 that I paid to the Sheraton.  On a couple other flights, I ended up staying at the JAL hotel at HND as they had their bus leave every 15 minutes for the airport.  Not a great hotel, but it was clean and convenient.  If the 787 is on time arriving at 11 PM, one can still make the public transportation from the airport as well as the circular Tokyo train line and not resort to expensive taxis.  

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts