LAX Maintenance Town Hall 2/24/15

Overspeed

Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
On jetnet the company posted a series of videos with Seymour, Wroble, and other senior management. One of the 591 VPs asked about the 4% raise and why AA didn't answer Lombardo's letter about giving us the raise now. The answer from AA was that management doesn't want to talk about a 4% raise now but a 7% over DL raise. Said Lombardo never responded when AA called him and that the company can't negotiate with anyone until the NMB rules one way or the other on representation.

AA/US people can view videos on jetnet. Check out the one labeled Pay and Contract Issues

Overspeed said:
On jetnet the company posted a series of videos with Seymour, Wroble, and other senior management. One of the 591 VPs asked about the 4% raise and why AA didn't answer Lombardo's letter about giving us the raise now. The answer from AA was that management doesn't want to talk about a 4% raise now but a 7% over DL raise. Said Lombardo never responded when AA called him and that the company can't negotiate with anyone until the NMB rules one way or the other on representation.

AA/US people can view videos on jetnet. Check out the one labeled Pay and Contract Issues

You're out of order brother.

Get back to towing the line in the dictated direction please!

I loved it when the mechanic asked Isom if they were looking at Delta's benefit package too.  He immediately brought up SCOPE being non existent at Delta.  That is COO speak for "No we have no intention of matching any of their benefits."

OldGuy@AA said:
I loved it when the mechanic asked Isom if they were looking at Delta's benefit package too.  He immediately brought up SCOPE being non existent at Delta.  That is COO speak for "No we have no intention of matching any of their benefits."
Just curious, because I have no idea, but,
What benefits do Delta mechanics have that we don't.
Seriously curious about the differences if anyone knows .
As far as medical, I was under the impression that ours, while not nearly as good as it has been, was still better.
They probably have better OT rules and more holidays at more pay.
Vacation, different or the same, I don't know.

Being non union and licking the foreman's boots and washing their cars is a great benefit at Delta.

That and working with the scabs of Northwest.

Have they had a Town Hall with DFW maint yet?

Disclaimer: Anything said here is "Off the Record" says the introduction guy!
Why of course, don't hold us to anything we say as truth!

Buck said:
Wow did the union lose our 4% raise?
No not really. The twu is trying to figure out what else we can give back in exchange for the 4% raise. It might end up being a negotiated raise instead of a stand alone raise. Twu wouldn't let that happen, would they?

CMH_GSE said:
Just curious, because I have no idea, but,
What benefits do Delta mechanics have that we don't.
Seriously curious about the differences if anyone knows .
As far as medical, I was under the impression that ours, while not nearly as good as it has been, was still better.
They probably have better OT rules and more holidays at more pay.
Vacation, different or the same, I don't know.
Obviously not familiar with their whole package but I do know they have at least 10 holidays, they get paid full sick time and have either 6 or 7 weeks of vacation (I think 7).  I don't know about their medical (I'd be real surprised if they paid more than we do) or their retirement.  The point is that I consider vacation, holidays and the rest as part of my pay.  For years we were told we had better benefits than they did so that justified our lower pay.  Now we have much less pay and the worst benefits in the industry.  The company should not be able to get it both ways.  Also in my opinion SCOPE has nothing to do with pay and benefits.  If everyone else is getting 7 weeks vacation and 10 holidays and full sick time regardless of SCOPE then that should be included with the pay raise.  Any TA that does not re-instate our concessions should be a resounding NO.   

591 was represented. That was the local VP asking questions.

The company guy said they were hitting the stations for more MX town halls. West coast didn't look to upset though. DFW could get ugly. Better off load the work before they schedule that meeting. Bentley, Sangricco, and Wroble will be looking at record OTS after that meeting. Not a GP fan but he could make it hard on mgmt since it would be a great soap box moment for him. GP wants the spot light on him.

They talk a good game. This company has ridden Sept 11th to the hilt. I have no faith or trust in what they say. As far as I'm concerned the new boss is the same as . The old boss. SHOW ME DIFFERENTLY up to then your full of sh*t

Back