LAX Maintenance Town Hall 2/24/15

700UW said:
Bob Owens the self-appointed savior of the Line Mechanics, and yet in over 10 years or more being on the NC you couldnt do jack.
Would you want ONE elected union leader to have the ONLY and FINAL say over your union?
Who do you blame over at the IAM for the way things are over at US?   ONE person?

OK, so they've done LAX, ORD, CLT, DWH maintenance town halls. Did I miss any?
All conveniently done while the NMB is trying to figure out this association crap! Wroble sounds like a broken record!
I wonder what future maintenance town halls are planned and if they will continue after this crap is sorted out?
Let's continue them after they force feed the next concessionary contract down our throats! Whatta ya say, Scotty?

700UW said:
Bob Owens the self-appointed savior of the Line Mechanics, and yet in over 10 years or more being on the NC you couldnt do jack.
The IAM is a POS scab union in aviation.

You can blame who you want for all your ineffective crap while you were an appointed NC member. It will fall on deaf ears around here to all those who have lived it.

While I am a union supporter who has also managed a union workforce, I would never support your scab union.

What a lame excuse Scott Kirby used when responding to why our workgroup hasn't and cannot receive the 4% yet at the DWH town hall.
Because were not an integrated work force yet, unlike the other work groups. What? AAL just made billions, their stock is rapidly climbing, and I had a hand in both of those scenarios, combined or not. My hard work for AAL made both of those scenarios possible...In reality, he is punishing all for GP fighting the Association...Thanks Scott, duly noted!

actually we took a pay CUT with the cost of benefits.....

but hey who am i? its not like maintenance contributes to the bottom line on a daily basis...

dfw gen said:
actually we took a pay CUT with the cost of benefits.....

but hey who am i? its not like maintenance contributes to the bottom line on a daily basis...

Just work by the book, make sure everything is safe, properly referenced, and signed off.  No more heroics or above and beyond type activity as the company has indicated your contributions are meaningless.  These town hall meetings are an insult to AA's AMTs.  These company tools are sitting up there with smirks on their faces telling the guys how they have never made this much money before.  Yet, they can't just give everybody a 4% raise.  They can't release the company match for the retiree medical.  Remember, times are good now, and look how we are being treated.  Imagine how things will be once fuel goes up, and the economy tanks again.  Take it a step further, imagine being represented by this proposed association.  Kinda makes ya sick just thinking about it.

Why at every town hall are members asking the company about the Association progress? Is the TWU leadership informing their members? Is GPs only means of communication via the website?

And Kirby said NMB should rule in a couple of weeks. Again, why am I hearing this from the company and not my Union?

Vortilon said:

Just work by the book, make sure everything is safe, properly referenced, and signed off.  No more heroics or above and beyond type activity as the company has indicated your contributions are meaningless.  These town hall meetings are an insult to AA's AMTs.  These company tools are sitting up there with smirks on their faces telling the guys how they have never made this much money before.  Yet, they can't just give everybody a 4% raise.  They can't release the company match for the retiree medical.  Remember, times are good now, and look how we are being treated.  Imagine how things will be once fuel goes up, and the economy tanks again.  Take it a step further, imagine being represented by this proposed association.  Kinda makes ya sick just thinking about it.

Yeah, I could only watch about half of the DWH town hall. They're so smug.

Overspeed said:
Why at every town hall are members asking the company about the Association progress? Is the TWU leadership informing their members? Is GPs only means of communication via the website?

And Kirby said NMB should rule in a couple of weeks. Again, why am I hearing this from the company and not my Union?

Because your union that you've praised so much in the past sucks!

Glenn Quagmire said:
The IAM is a POS scab union in aviation.

You can blame who you want for all your ineffective crap while you were an appointed NC member. It will fall on deaf ears around here to all those who have lived it.

While I am a union supporter who has also managed a union workforce, I would never support your scab union.
Come on now, don't candy coat it.... :p

View attachment 10660

Overspeed said:

Well, when you say union, do you mean the International, or just local presidents?  I'm guessing; in this case, that the International reps are the ones that are in contact with the NMB.  At least that would explain the blatant lack of transparency.

When I say "union" I mean those in the representative positions. The Int'l should inform the Div, Locals, and Stewards.

CMH_GSE said:
You are correct, there are Associations in the rails, the CWA/IBT at least asked the members first.

Jeez, I wonder why the TWU/IAM didn't also ask the members first.

The whole thing smells bad.

This whole thread is hilarious.

The contradictions in arguments is amazing. When you guys talk about the CBA's, it always comes down to being manipulated by the International, other Presidents and even the NMB. All the contract votes are rigged and "scare tactics" are used to force everyone into acceptance.

Then....you spend months arguing the Association should be voted on and the process needs to be more democratic.

Make up your minds....either the TWU & NMB are in cahoots and anything that comes out of there is rigged OR the TWU & NMB are not in cahoots and you believe a vote would be representative of the feelings from the AMT's. 

"either"...."or".....not "and"

Back