Leaked: US and UA in merger talks for over a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the whole merger is waiting on the fleet service vote. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't stop laughing ...the naivety and pure ignorance of airline workers NEVER ceases to amaze me. One of the major problems is that most airline workers have never worked in any other industry and have NO clue as to what happens in the "other world". I for one am grateful I no longer work in the industry and now see just how ludicrous such comments and thoughts are. What's even more silly is that these posters actually BELIEVE this crap and post it. This is just pathetic.

There is definitely change coming which is probably the reason for the conference call (which is not uncommon). With the type of changes the company is making to survive financially strong, this would require meetings such as this, as many departments will be and are being put to task.

US can be a good stand alone, low cost airline (not low fare), but a merger with UA could be a much better way to go (we'll see), like I said previously, there are many reasons why the matchup works.

I hope everyone can appreciate that we have a team that has put us in a position to get through hard times like this, putting all other things aside (pilots). I just want to make it long enough to retire next year.

There is definitely change coming which is probably the reason for the conference call (which is not uncommon). With the type of changes the company is making to survive financially strong, this would require meetings such as this, as many departments will be and are being put to task.

US can be a good stand alone, low cost airline (not low fare), but a merger with UA could be a much better way to go (we'll see), like I said previously, there are many reasons why the matchup works.

I hope everyone can appreciate that we have a team that has put us in a position to get through hard times like this, putting all other things aside (pilots). I just want to make it long enough to retire next year.

Why do I have a feeling this site is the "secret underground"......it's one of those rumor mills that gains steam....someone hears a rumor, repeats it, someone else hears it, repeats, its, and then the original person hears it again and all of a sudden "has confirmation".....

Why do I have a feeling this site is the "secret underground"......it's one of those rumor mills that gains steam....someone hears a rumor, repeats it, someone else hears it, repeats, its, and then the original person hears it again and all of a sudden "has confirmation".....

couldn't agree more. I only believe it if CNN or Wallstreet reports it first. I still think the CEO's are going to trick everyone.

So does anyone know why they are going to webcast this event today when they never have before? Just curious.

US Airways reports loss of $23 million

A week ago, Parker said in a memo to employees that airline mergers "could result in a much healthier industry, which would be good for our employees, our customers and the communities we serve." Parker did not refute media reports that US Airways has held preliminary merger talks with United Airlines or that it would make an attractive partner for American Airlines.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

US Airways has removed the link to the webcast from theHub.com home page and the following link will now not accept a password.

link

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I entered usairways for the password and it supposedly let me through but when I clicked to listen, it says the the live event has not started yet/isn't yet available. I thought they were supposed to play it live, or maybe we will be able to listen to it later. I was hoping to listen to it now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back