Leaked: US and UA in merger talks for over a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are getting worked up over nothing. this is a directors meeting that the cmpany has every week. someone accidently put it online so it was cancelled . so no announcement........yet.

you guys are getting worked up over nothing. this is a directors meeting that the cmpany has every week. someone accidently put it online so it was cancelled . so no announcement........yet.
hahahah the new announcement is that we are all clicking on this page way too much today. nothing is gonna happen. BOOO..in fact i bet that news article about the "underground" stuff , i bet that author used this site for his source
:down:

I doubt a United/US Airways merger would happen... But if it did, I would assume;

- Cut Denver, Las Vegas, DCA.

- turn IAD into a focus city relying on O&D. [Like Delta at JFK]

- Keep Philadelphia the same.

- Grow Charlotte internationally. [Like Delta's international operations at Cinnci.]

- Keep Pheonix the same or larger with connections to South America maybe...

- Make some of them 97 757s United has got capable of TransAtlantic missions.

- Grow internationally out of Boston.

United has a impressive long haul fleet;

97 - B757
35 - B767 300
30 - B747 400
54 - B777 200

CNBC, just reported that AA and CO in initial talks on an alliance of sorts, and just as they cut away, the text on the bottom of screen said that LCC and AA held preliminary talks of a merger. (Looks like everyone is talking to everyone to see who can get the best parachute and leave the other with the jumbled mess of combing in some form) Talking head said that there could possibly be something of a 3 way with CO UAL and AA by beginning of month......more fuel to the fire

CNBC, just reported that AA and CO in initial talks on an alliance of sorts, and just as they cut away, the text on the bottom of screen said that LCC and AA held preliminary talks of a merger. (Looks like everyone is talking to everyone to see who can get the best parachute and leave the other with the jumbled mess of combing in some form) Talking head said that there could possibly be something of a 3 way with CO UAL and AA by beginning of month......more fuel to the fire
Gee... When can I say "I told you so."

I agree 100%. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see. But IMO the money is still favoring a CO/UA deal, with US on the sideline, or possibly carved up between, CO/UA, AA, and NW/DL.

I think something is in the works. Whether or not there is an announcement today is not important.

The question is, if UA-US merge, will AA-CO follow suit? I can't imagine an AA-CO hook up with hubs in both DFW and IAH. As I was out jogging this morning, the idea struck me that the 4 remaining Legacy carriers not involved in a merger yet, (AA,UA, CO and US) might try to consolidate into 3 airlines. The three surviving names would probably be AA, UA snd CO. US would actually survive just as much as the other three but the name would go away.

This may be too complicated to pull off, but it would allow for equal distribution among all the remaining airlines and give them a chance to remove a lot of capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if discussions like this have been going on.

Link:

http://ca.reuters.com/article/businessNews...530664420080425

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back