Lease Rejections

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
The first 24 aircraft lease rejections are out: 4 F10's and 20 MD80's, all parked in ROW.

Probably not exactly rocket science to drop those immediately.

In addition to aircraft, I'd expect to see some filings fairly quickly to drop real estate.

AA is still paying for the terminal facilities in SJU, which amounts to about half the airport's usable gates if I recall.

AA's leases with STL were renegotiated in 2005, but I suspect there may still be excess space there. I don't know for a fact but it wouldn't surprise me to find that AA is also still paying for space at both RDU and BNA.

Getting away from airports for a moment.... there are currently three reservations offices operating in the US -- SRO in DFW, SWRO in TUS, and SERO in RDU. The SRO office had plenty of excess space last time I was there in 2005, and with the constantly shrinking phone volumes in favor of the web, it wouldn't surprise me to see everything consolidated to a single site.

On the M&E side (since all things eventually go there, right?...), AA likely has hangar space in STL and MCI that could be disposed of. Perhaps the former TW hangar at ORD as well?

what i know of st.louis is i think they are already down to 6 gates there, but dont hold that to me. i know they got rid of most of there gates when the got rid of the american connection flights. as for the hangar there i dont know. but i dont think its that much of a burden on them i think stl basically gives them the hangar, but not sure on that either. but i do know they keep putting work in there.

How much per year were the emperial wizards paying to lease those 24 Aircraft in the Desert and how long have they been there?

I cannot wait to see what is uncovered as the filings continue.

How much for AFW? Surely they will move over to DWH with that work and shed the 1/2 million per month rent there. And I have no doubt that it did not require these drastic measuers to get this one done.

the old twa hangar, now called hangar 2. Yea I can see it going as there are plans to bulid a runway thur it or right next to it, also the gem building and the automotive shop are right next to hangar 2.

city plans are on hold till next year I think about continuing with the runways

currently hangar 2 is used for b checks

Only 24 in the first round? Suprising . US rejected over $650 million the day after the first BK filing......... About 150 aircraft (MD80 F100 and 732)

The first 24 aircraft lease rejections are out: 4 F10's and 20 MD80's, all parked in ROW.

Probably not exactly rocket science to drop those immediately.

In addition to aircraft, I'd expect to see some filings fairly quickly to drop real estate.

AA is still paying for the terminal facilities in SJU, which amounts to about half the airport's usable gates if I recall.

AA's leases with STL were renegotiated in 2005, but I suspect there may still be excess space there. I don't know for a fact but it wouldn't surprise me to find that AA is also still paying for space at both RDU and BNA.

Getting away from airports for a moment.... there are currently three reservations offices operating in the US -- SRO in DFW, SWRO in TUS, and SERO in RDU. The SRO office had plenty of excess space last time I was there in 2005, and with the constantly shrinking phone volumes in favor of the web, it wouldn't surprise me to see everything consolidated to a single site.

On the M&E side (since all things eventually go there, right?...), AA likely has hangar space in STL and MCI that could be disposed of. Perhaps the former TW hangar at ORD as well?

As in F10's are you referring to the Fokkers? I can't believe we were still paying leases on these while they have been parked in ROW. How long ago did we park these things?

As in F10's are you referring to the Fokkers? I can't believe we were still paying leases on these while they have been parked in ROW. How long ago did we park these things?
It sounds like something the military would do. Hlding on to all assets in case there is a war, only this time the employees are eating the bullet instead of the tax payer.

Leases

Kansas City

It sounds like something the military would do. Hlding on to all assets in case there is a war, only this time the employees are eating the bullet instead of the tax payer.

Leases

Kansas City
I am amazed at how naive most of the posters are here. You all act as if this has never happened before.

I would have thought that many would have done some homework to see what was in store. This is not new!

All I can do is shake my head and wish you all the best.

Reactions: 2 people
How much per year were the emperial wizards paying to lease those 24 Aircraft in the Desert and how long have they been there?

I cannot wait to see what is uncovered as the filings continue.

The grounded but still leased F100s, AB6s, MD-80s and SAABs have been disclosed in each annual 10-K since they were grounded. Nothing new here.

I am amazed at how naive most of the posters are here. You all act as if this has never happened before.

I would have thought that many would have done some homework to see what was in store. This is not new!

Since this is our first go around at bankruptcy we are naive. We will have questions and I hope someone with your experience will be available and willing to help.

I agree, but some do not have the same cognitive abilities.
IMHO, this train for AA has been coming for a long time.

Best of Luck for the AA employees.
B) xUT

Latest posts