Letter from Jim LittleRE:JudgeLane’s Ruling /APAContract

Message from APFA:
Dear Members,
This morning concluded the balloting to approve or reject the Company's Last, Best, and Final Offer. The results were as follows:

Yes: 7,482 votes or 59.52%
No: 5,055 votes or 40.48%
Eligible Voters: 13,544 of which 12,570 cast a ballot representing 92.8% of the eligible voters
Ineligible Votes cast: 990
Phone ballots cast: 9,482 or 75.4%
Web ballots cast: 3,088 or 24.6%

As a result, the LBFO will take effect immediately following approval of the Bankruptcy Court. We expect a decision from the court within the next two weeks. Please continue to watch these hotline communications for further instructions and details. We appreciate your patience as we work through these logistics.

In light of last week's announcement from the Creditors' Committee, our bankruptcy team firmly believes we have achieved everything possible. If for some reason that proves not to be the case however, our membership can rest assured that our "Me, Too" letter will provide us with any further improvements the APA achieves.

We will now continue our strong and concise message that we have zero confidence in this management team. We firmly believe that the only way for American Airlines to grow and compete and perhaps even to survive is through a merger that puts Doug Parker and his team in charge.
For now we must remain strong and professional and work to heal from this very stressful process. It is important to remember who and what has caused this horrible situation: our current management team. The challenges will continue; let's face them together. We must continue to work together to rebuild, sustain and maintain our unity and proud history.

With this vote behind us, our focus will be on achieving a merger with US Airways which will improve on the LBFO and re-establish pride and viability to American Airlines.

Thank you to all who voted.

In Unity,

Laura Glading, President
Marcus Gluth, Vice President
Jeff Pharr, Secretary
Greg Gunter, Treasurer
[background=rgb(149, 179, 222)]
[/background]

Vulgarities and profanities. Wow. I wonder if some of the invective involved derogatory comments about Ms Levine's looks. There were some rather mean comments about her physical appearance posted on this forum a few weeks back. Granted, she might not win many beauty pagents, but that's not why she was hired.
That's correct - she was hired to represent the international's interests, not those of the membership.

Reactions: 1 person
[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]
Realityck, on 19 August 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]

Message from APFA:
Dear Members,
This morning concluded the balloting to approve or reject the Company's Last, Best, and Final Offer. The results were as follows:

[/background]

do you really have to post this on every thread?

Yes. There were a number of posts on different threads that implied YES voters were to be considered not too intelligent. I wanted to make sure the "intelligent ones" in our group knew they were outnumbered in the APFA group as well.

Yes. There were a number of posts on different threads that implied YES voters were to be considered not too intelligent. I wanted to make sure the "intelligent ones" in our group knew they were outnumbered in the APFA group as well.

I just had a conversation 45 minutes ago with two of those "intelligent" yes voters that were crying like hell, because they voted yes to take the incentive to leave and just found at that they would NOT be paid $25 per day for the max sick bank, which is $3750.00 and they were never told they would not receive these funds, then they found out they would lose their flight benefits after 18 months. I still think they are wrong about losing their $25 per day, but why is it at this juncture still in debate?

Guess who they were blaming for not being told this information BEFORE the voting began? Hewitt, Cirri, and Bunch had many company meetings over at the Tulsa Base and not one person was told this information in ANY of those meetings.

I wonder why?

They were not feeling too intelligent in the discussion I just had with them. In fact they were down right pissed and feeling stupid.

Reactions: 4 people
[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]Realityck, on 19 August 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Message from APFA:
Dear Members,
[/background]

do you really have to post this on every thread?

First of all we are NOT Flight Attendants. We do not have the same work rules. We do not have the same rules and regulations. We do not have the same work schedules and so on. Now do you understand? Apples and oranges with the exception that we are both employed by the same company. Your grasping for air on a sinking ship. Give it up. The TWU is history at American for the M&R group.

Latest posts