LGA & DCA Slot SWAP

You do realize that HP/US only exist today because of the generosity of the US Government in the form of the ATSB. Little late to be crying crocodile tears about government interference.
Why did all US employee groups have to take pay cuts and HP did not to get the ATSB loan

Why did all US employee groups have to take pay cuts and HP did not to get the ATSB loan

HP or America West recieved a $429 Million dollor loan of which $300 million was backed by the ATSB. Without such Goverenment largess HP along with US would not have survived the 911 PAX drop off and the subsequent fuel run up, as spoken by both airlines current and former CEO's.

Basically DOT is putting US and DL against the wall because they want more market shares in their respective hub. I guess the math doesn't add when they give up those slot in those airports.

Generosity?

All they did was guarantee the loan, banks lent the money and the ATSB aka US Government made a handsome profit for it.

No guarantee, no loan. Generosity. Government cheese, without which you would have been unemployed.

$300 million.

Which pales in comparison to the kick the shorts that equity and bondholders took in the bankruptcy required to get the government cheese.

HP or America West recieved a $429 Million dollor loan of which $300 million was backed by the ATSB. Without such Goverenment largess HP along with US would not have survived the 911 PAX drop off and the subsequent fuel run up, as spoken by both airlines current and former CEO's.
AND THEN
THE ?

I wonder if we will see the deal get renegotiated, assuming the government doesn't change their mind.

What happens if DL & US make good on the threat to walk? What will US do with running that commuter operation in LGA, or will they turn around and sell the slots on the open market and then try to buy slots from DL at DCA?

What happens if DL & US make good on the threat to walk? What will US do with running that commuter operation in LGA, or will they turn around and sell the slots on the open market and then try to buy slots from DL at DCA?

I imagine that if USAirways simply walked away from the deal with Delta and put the 125 LGA slots up for bid, the DOT would still step in and require that 33% of them only be sold to the carriers who are not competing there. And if there were no takers for them, they would probably be confiscated to then be "awarded" for free to the DOT favorites.

Heres what really happened!!!!!! US screwed Harry Reid in LAS and the Pilots and Ramp let him know in a picket. Harry did let this airline survive!!!!! Harry and Parker were to meet and discuss US pulling over 100 flts a day from LAS!!!!!!! Parker obviously didnt give Reid respect and Reid showed it back, I hope either side comes out with a press release on what happened in their meeting. Parker deserves to take one in the DELETED BY MODERATOR but we all know that the company was counting on the slots for revenue so HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOD NOTE-Profanity even if disguised by symbols is prohibited by the rules of the board. Please go back and read them again.

This is all very interesting and--I don't want to seem patronizing--a bit amusing, but what did Richard Anderson do to piss Harry Reid off?

Personally I doubt that Reid had anything to do with it. It's all about having some competition at two airports that artificially limit competition in order to keep average fares at those airports from going up more than they would have without the deal.

Jim