US/Delta Slot and Facility Swap at LGA

Instead they traded the slots to the only bidder.

...OR the only bidder with something meaningful to offer US in return. Again, the fact that they "traded" implies that they were looking to the future, not looking to raise cash in the short-term. You don't think that DL, WN, B6, or FL would've been more than happy to BUY several of our LGA slots???

The recommendation process then was much like it is now on US and the common denominator is?? SHARES.

PB, you are aware that SABRE cost 200 million more a year then shares. Every CEO in America would have ditch SABRE in this situation and my guess is if you where CEO at the time you would have too! It was the only option.

First off your numbers are a s Bogus as a Doug Parker interview. The number was more like 25 million annually and Joe Beery was challenged to create a "cost saving synergy" of 100 million annually.

No one has come forward with the numbers for all of the extra develpment costs that continue to this very day as US attempts to raise their IT to third world airline standards.

You'll notice they dumped Joe Beery. Now my guess is that it wasn't due to his superior performance of meeting budget projections.

Then we have that other scary talent Scott Kirby telling outright lies to the flying public regarding the Reservations Migration. When it comes to the credibility of Scott Kirby he has none and the phrase "False in one, False in all". It's a sorry commentary on the trust and credibility of US Management that many who read their public pronouncements as self serving spin at best or outright lies at worst and work backwards from there.

Even assuming your figure I can't help but wonder how many vouchers and other compensation were given out due to the res migration debacle. I wouldn't be surprised and if that's the case then how much money was actually saved???? How many customers left taking their $$$$ with them as a result of all that money saving?

During the Res Migration I was convinced that US Airways could NOT organize a one car funeral. Things have improved and I now believe that US is fully capable of at least a 4 car funeral. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think there is serious reason to believe that US Airways and Sabre and once again engaging in dialogue to return US to the Sabre platform.

PB, you are aware that SABRE cost 200 million more a year then shares. Every CEO in America would have ditch SABRE in this situation and my guess is if you where CEO at the time you would have too! It was the only option.

Gee - thats ODD I distinctly remember Dougweiser saying the savings were only 25-50 million a year.....

Of course we blew that and any other savings a week after going on line with DOS 2.0.

I don't think any other CEO would have ditched SABRE just for a short sighted saving, well not any competent airline CEO interested in actually running an airline with YIELD MANAGEMENT. :lol:

ISP, I do believe I agree with you--but in a much broader context, which I believe is what you're getting at.
And that would be a total disaster, as AA is laying off and everyone knows how the APFA, APA and TWU treated the TWA employees.

This merger isnt even done, and you all speculate about another one, not gonna happen, AA is way smarter than to take on a cancer.

Here is a classic example of Tempe in action. This question is posed to Scott Kirby:

Among the challenges that US Airways faced last year, you cited the troubled reservation system migration that wreaked havoc on your ontime performance for several months. What went so wrong?

The big thing was we focused on the technical integration rather than the process integration. We got a system that technically worked, but the processes were different.

The big thing was the failure of kiosks (a system that technically didn't work) forcing everyone checking in to see an agent. That is when the process problem started.

It was Kirby who called the Shares conversion a 'resounding success' the day of cutover.

Indeed it was Baghdad Scott Kirby who obviously has never met a lie he couldn't embrace if it served his purpose.

Which brings us back onto the slot swap and what to me is clearly a short term cash conserving move that is typical of the trip over a dollar to save a dime mentality.

I refuse to believe that with a lot of research, planning & a little bit of testosterone that the NYC market would be unprofitable to an east coast dominant carrier like US Airways.

Seems to me what we have is more of Tempe being unable, unwilling or both when it comes to understanding the market here. Look up from the spreadsheet and lead the damn company PLEASE

I am simply astounded that US conceded LGA. I am shaking my head in bewilderment, and I do not buy any of the spin. Can any of the experts on this board recall an instance when an airline simply packed up its toys and left the NY sandbox?

With my apologies to the late, great Frank Sinatra for re-writing his lyrics and completely changing the theme of his song: "If I can't make it here, I can't make it anywhere...."

I hope I am wrong, and that US knows what it's doing.

CO joins Star in October ...... this could be positioning for future merger between UA/CO/US. A EWR CO hub and a large US LGA operation might not fly with the DOT? I just hope something good happen to this industry, this use to be a good career.

I am simply astounded that US conceded LGA. I am shaking my head in bewilderment, and I do not buy any of the spin. Can any of the experts on this board recall an instance when an airline simply packed up its toys and left the NY sandbox?

With my apologies to the late, great Frank Sinatra for re-writing his lyrics and completely changing the theme of his song: "If I can't make it here, I can't make it anywhere...."

I hope I am wrong, and that US knows what it's doing.

This just goes to prove that TEMPE knows nothing about the East Coast market.

This just goes to prove that TEMPE knows nothing about the East Coast market.

Tempe, and the long list of former CEO's have failed to take advantage of the great real estate holdings they have, gates and slots at NY's most convenient airport, (and similar situations all along the eastern seaboard), because they relied on their captive market to bring them customers, instead of creating the airline of choice, and causing both current customers, the FF's, and new ones to seek them out because of their service quality reputation, fair prices, and convenient schedules.

NN