LGA Flygin

Iheartflying

Advanced
Jan 25, 2008
Hey Everyone,
I accepted the recall and will be going to LGA. Can anyone tell me what the flying is like out of LGA? I know the company isn't the same but it's a step up from what I'm doing right now.
Any insight on the LGA base would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hey Everyone,
I accepted the recall and will be going to LGA. Can anyone tell me what the flying is like out of LGA? I know the company isn't the same but it's a step up from what I'm doing right now.
Any insight on the LGA base would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome Back!

I believe LGA is Airbus only, lots of Shuttle obviously. Some trips are Shuttle only, while some are mainline trips that weave in and out of the two hubs doing transcons and such.

The majority of the trips are non-commutable on at least one end. It's the most junior base as far as holding a line, and easy to keep track of on reserve because it's one page as opposed to twenty for a day. The supervisor up there is much more into everyone's business than in any other base because it's so small.

It's a tiny base so everyone knows everyone, but in my experience in a good way. The crews could not be more welcoming or helpful with anything you need. The crews are very consistent and professional. Boston is the same way, a tight knit little group with fantastic people.

I'm sure it was not your first choice, but in many ways LGA is it's own forgotten little base with a friendly culture. I really enjoy working with New York crews. Good luck and welcome back!

I believe LGA is Airbus only, lots of Shuttle obviously. Some trips are Shuttle only, while some are mainline trips that weave in and out of the two hubs doing transcons and such.

The majority of the trips are non-commutable on at least one end. It's the most junior base as far as holding a line, and easy to keep track of on reserve because it's one page as opposed to twenty for a day. The supervisor up there is much more into everyone's business than in any other base because it's so small.

It's a tiny base so everyone knows everyone, but in my experience in a good way. The crews could not be more welcoming or helpful with anything you need. The crews are very consistent and professional. Boston is the same way, a tight knit little group with fantastic people.

I'm sure it was not your first choice, but in many ways LGA is it's own forgotten little base with a friendly culture. I really enjoy working with New York crews. Good luck and welcome back!

LGA was definitely my first choice. I've been trying to get there since training. My family lives there and i would get to spend some time with my baby sister. She's growing up so fast!!! It's nice to know that LGA is a friendly base. Thanks so much for the info.

Then you made the right decision. The number one drawback to the base is the commuting/living situation. With that settled, you'll be fine. :)

When I saw this topic, I got thirsty.

Then I realized its a typo - FLYING

but is it OK to still be thirsty?

Tanqueray-Flaske-Glass-250b.jpg

EMBFA, can u make sure it doesn't say "transportation" on it? :) thx!

Latest posts