LGA Terminal C Sold?

Cede the shuttle to DL the way DL is ceding PHL-BOS service to US. That way, both carriers can have monopolies.

"...an intriguing collusion.
Fair exchange. Tit for tat. Comradeship in profusion.
And the appeal, partner. Of this deal, partner.
Is we both stand to win...."

(Tim Rice, Chess)

:lol:

Cede the shuttle to DL the way DL is ceding PHL-BOS service to US. That way, both carriers can have monopolies.
:lol:

As John John stated "Its all about the slots" .... U already has the slots for the shuttle. U "ceding" to DL, it doesnt work that way because U already has the slots for Shuttle purposes. Shuttle is still a premium product (or it used to be) SWA got slots here because they bought the ATA assets for that purpose only.

Can U use the slots for other purposes? ie. expanding LGA mainline for example? Or are the shuttle slots restricted to just that?

Oh but hey can we sell the slots and buy UAL WOW :ph34r:

A slot is a slot, doesnt matter if you use a prop, rj, boeing or an airbus, its just a takeoff and landing slot.

Did I miss the announcement regarding NYC?
No. Just speculation as usual. a crewmember who overhead an agent, who is married to a cleaner, who has insider information. You know typical stuff. And some kind of announcement that is much larger and part of a bigger picture. YAWN.

Having not flown through LGA in like 15 years, I have a question. How many gates does US really use at LGA, not how many does it "lease" (and if you can break it down by mainline/express that would be a bonus!)? I'm guessing the real number of gates US uses could be relocated elsewhere easily.

The last time I flew out of there, my express gate was near the shuttle, and they were like a ghost town compared to their hey day in the early 90s.

Having not flown through LGA in like 15 years, I have a question. How many gates does US really use at LGA, not how many does it "lease" (and if you can break it down by mainline/express that would be a bonus!)? I'm guessing the real number of gates US uses could be relocated elsewhere easily.

The last time I flew out of there, my express gate was near the shuttle, and they were like a ghost town compared to their hey day in the early 90s.

All gates have jetways
Gates 1-10 make up what is now used by Express (9 and 10 are rarely used by mainline)
Gates 11-12 (are in the center right past the security checkpoint (used by mainline)
Gates 15-21 (The shuttle concourse is used by mainline and shuttle)

I took a quick look at the online pdf timetable.

Below is the breakdown of flights from LGA this summer. FPO is the only Saturday beyond-perimeter flight operating right now. Besides that, only CLT and PIT see mainline during the week other than Shuttle. PHL gets a 319 on Saturday only.

Weekday Departures (weekend schedules and aircraft changes not included)
ALB: 4 x DH8
BWI: 8 - 7x DH8, 1 x ERJ on Friday only
BGR: 4 - 2x CRJ, 2x DH8
BOS: 16 x 319
BUF: 10 - 6x DH8, 4x CRJ
BTV: 7 x DH8
CHS: 2 x CRJ
CLT: 11 - 8 Mainline 3x 321, 4x 319, 1x 734 (only US 737 into LGA!) 3 Express 1x CR7, 2x CRJ
CHO: 3 x SF3
CMH: 6 - 2x E70, 2x ERJ, 2x CRJ
DAY: 4 - 3x CRJ, 1x ERJ
GSO: 6 - 4x ERJ, 2x CRJ
HYA: 2 x SF3
IND: 6 - 3x CRJ, 2x ERJ, 1x E70
ITH: 3x DH8
SDF: 3 - 2x ERJ, 1x CRJ
MHT: 4 x SF3
MVY: 4 x SF3
ACK: 4 x SF3
ORF: 7 - 4x CRJ, 3x DH8
PHL: 12 - 8x DH8, 3x CRJ, 1x E70
PIT: 9- 1x 319, 3x E70, 2x E75, 2x CRJ, 1x ERJ
PWM: 6x CRJ
PVD: 4x DH8
RDU: 8 - 7x CRJ, 1x ERJ
RIC: 7 - 4x CRJ, 1 x E70, 1x DH8, 1x ERJ
ROA: 3x DH8
ROC: 8 - 7x DH8, 1x CRJ
SAV: 1x E70
SYR: 9x DH8
DCA: 16 x 319
ILM: 3 - 2xERJ, 1x CRJ

Which gates do the E Jets use, Express or Mainline? 9 non-shuttle main line flights!

What a shame, I remember when LGA had so many mainline flights to all over the east coast, MSY, and FL.

I took a quick look at the online pdf timetable.

Below is the breakdown of flights from LGA this summer. FPO is the only Saturday beyond-perimeter flight operating right now. Besides that, only CLT and PIT see mainline during the week other than Shuttle. PHL gets a 319 on Saturday only.

Which gates do the E Jets use, Express or Mainline? 9 non-shuttle main line flights!

Express with 142 daily flights utilizes 15 parking spots from gates 1-9 There is an option to use gate 10 if neccesary since that gate has not been used by mainline since 2005. Aircraft are cooled and heated with PC Air off the 9-10 jetways and 3 portable carts. Republic is handled by mainline and uses primarily gates 11 and 12 but does also utilize the shuttle side for certain flights.

PS. FPO is not outside the perimeter and used to be daily until 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info. Do the ERJ's and the CR7's mate with jetways. I know some of the ERJ's have plug doors while others have flip doors with integrated stairs (like the CRJ).

It's also interesting to note that the majority of express flights take after place noon, and even more so past 2pm. ALB, CHS, CHO, CMH, DAY, ITH, SDF, MHT, MVY, ACK, PVD, ROA, ILM each only have 1 departure before noon.

Thanks for the info. Do the ERJ's and the CR7's mate with jetways. I know some of the ERJ's have plug doors while others have flip doors with integrated stairs (like the CRJ).

It's also interesting to note that the majority of express flights take after place noon, and even more so past 2pm. ALB, CHS, CHO, CMH, DAY, ITH, SDF, MHT, MVY, ACK, PVD, ROA, ILM each only have 1 departure before noon.

All enplanements and deplanements are via ground boarding. Republic which is handled by Mainline utilizes jet ways. ERJ aircraft have portable stairs for the one who do not have flip doors. (Saves about 500 lbs on weight and balance) The routes are really basically slot protection for Airways and yield control.

What a shame, I remember when LGA had so many mainline flights to all over the east coast, MSY, and FL.
At one time there were over 200flts/daily with mainline and shuttle combined. We used every jetway from gates 1-12, The shuttle had gates 17-22. There were approx 23 RONs. while express had maybe 15 flights and no RONs (Beech1900's and Dash's) and used gates 15/16

Very sad how things have changed. I hope there comes a time when management can make LGA work again instead of leaving it a shell of it's former self.