LGA Terminal C Sold?

US is selling itself to Republic or Republic is taking over NYC flying.

They aren't - they're named (Central Terminal, US Airways Terminal, Delta Terminal, Marine Terminal). The 4 concourses of the Central Terminal are lettered A through D.

Jim

I did some poking around on the Port Authority web site and the only thing I saw that is new is Southwest will be launching service on June 28th from the Central Terminal, Concourse B.

5 non-stops to Midway and 3 non-stops to Baltimore.

I wouldn't be at all surprised at a Delta interest in US's terminal at LaGuardia. Perfect opportunity to close the Marine Air Terminal and consolidate operations under one building. Looks like DL is moving fast to consolidate all it can.

They aren't - they're named (Central Terminal, US Airways Terminal, Delta Terminal, Marine Terminal). The 4 concourses of the Central Terminal are lettered A through D.

Jim

This map shows the terminals lettered (with a smaller print indicating "terminal names") Folks who work there use both terms. Airport signs also are lettered with the "Terminal Name" beneath.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airp...lg_parking.html

Now the same people that were screaming all day about the terminal changes are playing dumb. When asked, they say "I don't know what you're talking about". You were on the plane the day before saying ......

Oh, and the base is closing .... again .... :ph34r:

who cares if we move to the Delta terminal. It may be cheaper. It seems ridiculous to have that large of a terminal for a mostly an express operation!

This map shows the terminals lettered (with a smaller print indicating "terminal names") Folks who work there use both terms. Airport signs also are lettered with the "Terminal Name" beneath.

And this map doesn't show letters (except those for the Central Terminal concourses).

PANYNJ LGA map

That's what I was going by, but if it's wrong then I was wrong.

Jim

And this map doesn't show letters (except those for the Central Terminal concourses).

PANYNJ LGA map

That's what I was going by, but if it's wrong then I was wrong.

Jim

It may be a transition phase, but all the signs coming in off the highways have always used only letters for the terminals which makes it exceedingly confusing. The USAirways terminal has always been called Terminal C (as the parking map shows.) I think the Port Authority finally figured out that the letters mean nothing to anyone (except the PANYNJ bureaucrats,) and may now be naming the terminals in a more descriptive fashion.

If that is the case though, "Marine Air Terminal" (though nostalgic) makes no more sense than calling it "Terminal A." It's the "Delta Shuttle Terminal," but that descriptive title is nowhere to be found.

who cares if we move to the Delta terminal. It may be cheaper. It seems ridiculous to have that large of a terminal for a mostly an express operation!

They have a MUCH better food court :up:

It is also "alleged" PA said they need the gate space and we're just wasting it, which is true. Shuttle side (like posted earlier) is under-utilized.

I don't care just don't close it :eek:

You're right.
When US was a powerhouse at LGA it made sense.
Now as a shrinking violet, and a trashy express operation, it doesn't make sense.
It would be nice to see the express operation dwindle.
It doesn't make sense that more destinations can't support mainline.