Libby going to jail

Dispute anything I've said with facts from your source and we will debate,

Lets start with your posts 48 and 52 with the response in post 54.

Your source of you post does not have a single identifiable reference but why let facts get in the way of a good diatribe right?

Hey Lurker, boyfriend kick your arse to the curb so now your back?

Dispute anything I've said with facts from your source and we will debate, until then just swallow! :lol:

With these happening to be airline boards I always spend my time on the various airlines' boards. Of course I have "lurked" here. I haven't felt the need to reply to the horsecrap above that you post in every post. And I had multiple family matters that I was taking care of and that were just a tad more important than mindless drivel. But very mature, jacka$$.

Source? How about the media (including Fox) where Plame was outed? How about the court's decision to find Libby guilty and to sentence him for obstructing justice (i.e. lieing and hiding something) in the investigation into Cheney/Bush's roles in vengefully exposing a CIA agent? How about Bush's commuting the prison term and parole requirements of Libby's sentence therefore meaning that he meddled in a case directly involving himself? What the hell do you mean quote a source? It's all there in EVERY media outlet. Even Foxy is reporting so it obviously can't just be a "liberal fantasy".

So you did just what I said...tried to steer away from my questions with some idiotic response. Are you still in your shelter so you don't know what has been going on with this whole case?!

Well, the Judge in the Libby case upheld the portion of President Bush’s commutation that left in place the supervised release.

But more importantly, the Judge had this to say about Bush's rationale for Libby's commutation:

“It is fair to say that the Court is somewhat perplexed as to how its sentence could be accurately characterized as ‘excessive.’ Although it is certainly the president’s prerogative to justify the exercise of his constitutional commutation power in whatever manner he chooses (or even to decline to provide a reason for his actions altogether), the Court notes that the term of incarceration imposed in this case was determined after a careful consideration of each of the requisite statutory factors. . . and was consistent with the bottom end of the applicable sentencing range as properly calculated under the United States Sentencing Guidelines.â€￾

Hmmm... like I said earlier... these are the same sentencing guidelines that Bush's Department of Justice has argued that they merit faithful allegience. What a joke!

This administration is high on power. They believe they are accountable to no one and nothing. They will do as they choose to do and make up rules to justify their actions even though the rules are in direct conflict and diametrically opposed to rules they advocate for the rest of the folks. He has become a leper to his own party. I cannot recall a single stump speech he has given for a single candidate. In the republican debate, nearly every candidate lashed out against his incompetence and arrogance.

Does this ring a bell?

A close friend of a Texas Cowboy was convicted by a jury of obstruction of justice, false statement to the FBI, and perjury before the Grand Jury. He was also sentenced to 30 months in prison! No, this is not Libby!

This is the attorney who leaked the Barry Bonds steroid transcripts. Why does this matter???

Well Bush had this to say about Libby's case:

"In preparing for the decision I am announcing today, I have carefully weighed these arguments and the circumstances surrounding this case. Mr. Libby was sentenced to thirty months of prison, two years of probation... In making the sentencing decision, the district court rejected the advice of the probation office, which recommended a lesser sentence... I respect the jury’s verdict. But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting..."

Well, ironically, the probation officer in this Bonds case also recommended a lesser sentence; but the judge still sentenced him to 30 months like Libby. So, when this attorney seeks commutation from Bush, will Bush grant it?

I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed!

Given the "liberal" bent of the media, you would have guess they would be all over the fact that W cannot even hold true to his own convictions. I guess it is not as interesting as a stained dress. Liberal media my a$$.

So. Who thinks a pardon will still be forthcoming. I am of the opinion it will be a midnight pardon as the door hits W on the ass as he is turning out the lights.

So. Who thinks a pardon will still be forthcoming. I am of the opinion it will be a midnight pardon as the door hits W on the ass as he is turning out the lights.

Hey Kitty,
Really getting bored eh... :p

B) xUT

Latest posts

Back