Libby going to jail

Two things will no doubt happen today: A nineteen-year-old will get his legs blown off in Iraq, and you will try to act like a tough guy by posting some sort of drivel.

You are one pathetic individual.

He drops back ... He shoots ... HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!

I suggested earlier that other defendants will use Libby's commutation to bolster their defense. It is already in the works: "A Libby Motion"

An alleged Hamas operative will likely be among the first criminal defendants to try to capitalize on Bush’s commutation. Mohammed Salah is scheduled to be sentenced by a federal judge in Chicago next week on one count of obstruction of justice (same as Libby). Prosecutors are seeking 22 years under the federal sentencing guidelines. Salah’s lawyer, who’s seeking a sentence of probation, said: “What the president said about Mr. Libby applies in spades to the case of Mohammed Salah. We’ll definitely be bringing it up to the judge. It’s going to be a real test, a first early test of whether we’re a nation of laws or a nation of men.”

Libby Case May Aid Hamas Suspect

He does have a signifigant fine to pay.
Legal Bills.
TWO YEARS Probation.
He's is now a convicted felon.

It wasn't two years probation... it was two years of "SUPERVISED RELEASE."

How one can have a “term of supervised release after imprisonment” now that the President Bush has erased the prison term??? That question will be answered by that Judge in the coming days.

Two things will no doubt happen today: A nineteen-year-old will get his legs blown off in Iraq, and you will try to act like a tough guy by posting some sort of drivel.

You know dave just like I said you libbers are so damned predictable. If the war on terrorism was being fought by the left...whoops scratch that because we know that won't happen, you cowards are all about appeasement.

Yes another US Soldier probably will die today defending freedom and going after the bad guys while all the left can do is trash our country and blame it all on Bush.

On average 12 innocent Americans are killed every single day in this country by drunk driving illegal aliens, that works out to be more than 4,000 a year. more Americans lost in a single year to drunk illegals, than during the entire Iraq war but where is the outcry about that Dave?

We just overlook that because as some on these boards say we need cheap lettuce and you call me pathetic? :lol:

Yes another US Soldier probably will die today defending freedom and going after the bad guys while all the left can do is trash our country and blame it all on Bush.

I thought he was spreading freedom not defending now. You guys really need to make up your mind what exactly it is that you are doing in Iraq. The reasons keep changing from month to month.

Since by your calculations all those who oppose the war are "libs" and since a clear majority of the people in the US are against the war, I guess the "Libs" are a huge majority in the US. Or do you think that there are a few conservatives in the bunch who are fed up with the BS that you are spouting? I happen to know 4 of them who I work with. They regret their vote and will not make the same mistake a 3rd time.

Like I said earlier, keep staying on the same course. The country already took control of Congress away from the conservatives. Keep at it and you will loose even more power. You have already lost the White House. This war that the right wing has started both on US soil and abroad will be an albatross around the right wings neck for decades to come. The right wing is just giving the Libs more and more ammo All they have to do is sit there and they will win.

Oh,I feel your pain brother......

How many young black males died overnight due to gun

related violence?

Back at you dude.... B)

Gar

Surely you jest. That is not a source. In that entire waste of cyber space the closest they can come to naming an actually study is

In one study What freaking study? of a sample 55,000 illegal immigrants serving prison sentences in the U.S., it was discovered that they are responsible for over 400,000 arrests and over 700,000 felony crimes.

According to Heather McDonald of the Manhattan Institute, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.

by their own admission

While no one – in or out of government – tracks all U.S. accidents caused by illegal aliens, the statistical and anecdotal evidence suggests many of last year's 42,636 road deaths involved illegal aliens.

They can not even name the studies. I could not find the "study" referred to in the last reference.

There is no documentation to support the original premise of your post that illegals cause 4,000 DUI deaths a year. I checked on the DOT site and found nothing to support your claim.

By the way, Heather McDonald according to Wikipedia is an atheist. I thought that was kind of funny.

Given the shoddiness of WND's site, I would doubt much of what they say given that they seem to have an aversion to siting verifiable sources for their statements. If they would actually reference a specific study I would be more inclined to believe them.

According to the NHTSA, in 2005 there were 16,885 accidents fatalities thought to be alcohol related. WND is trying to make us believe that a small portion of society is causing 25% of the alcohol related deaths and they do not even have a study to back that claim.

If you which to be taken seriously, you need to reference legitimate sources (left right or center I don't care) that actually have material to back up their claim.

Here....sniff this for awhile.....

484,000 sources just for you Gar

We don't need your stinking sources,gringo

According to the NHTSA, in 2005 there were 16,885 accidents fatalities thought to be alcohol related. WND is trying to make us believe that a small portion of society is causing 25% of the alcohol related deaths and they do not even have a study to back that claim.

Hey Gringo,heres to your stupid laws....

Why don't you look into FBI crime stat's....violent crime is on the rise along the east coast and you know who's causing the brunt of it? ILLEGALS.....same areas with population growth due to illegals now have a whopping harvest of violent crimes.....due to a small portion of society.... :lol:

Dude...you kill me ....take off the rose colored glasses for once.

484,000 hits on Google for alien DUI

Here....sniff this for awhile.....
484,000 sources just for you Gar

We don't need your stinking sources,gringo
Hey Gringo,heres to your stupid laws....

Why don't you look into FBI crime stat's....violent crime is on the rise along the east coast and you know who's causing the brunt of it? ILLEGALS.....same areas with population growth due to illegals now have a whopping harvest of violent crimes.....due to a small portion of society.... :lol:

Dude...you kill me ....take off the rose colored glasses for once.

484,000 hits on Google for alien DUI

Did not see anything referring to illegal aliens. I saw alot of conjecture and hyperbole but no substantive evidence.

But back to the original topic.

I noticed something when looking at the pardons/clemency of Clinton. Only about 20 that I counted were even sentenced during the time that Clinton was in office. Meaning that nearly every single one of the people had severed at least a portion if not their entire jail sentence. Of the 20 or so that I saw who were sentenced, none were pardoned in the same year that they were sentenced. One could also argue that at least Clinton was liberal with his use of the pardon/clemency rather than using it to free and employee who had not even served 1 day of his sentence.

Did not see anything referring to illegal aliens. I saw alot of conjecture and hyperbole but no substantive evidence.

Go tell the relatives of the victims of illegal DUI's about hyperbole you fool....

Illegal immigrant Ricardo Contreras de la Torre is accused of killing a 54-year-old man and injuring a woman in a drunk driving wreck. His two illegal immigrant passengers have also been indicted. Alvarez-Castaneda is accused of entering the country illegally after being deported. Hector Mejia-Ocampo is charged with a firearms violation.

Alfredo Ramos, a Mexican national in the U.S. illegally, was convicted of driving while intoxicated last year, but that didn't keep him from being behind the wheel after a night of drinking last weekend – and now two teenage girls are dead because of it.

According to police, Ramos, 22, slammed the 1998 Mitsubishi he was driving into the rear of a 1994 Plymouth driven by Allison Kunhardt, 17, Friday night in Virginia Beach, Va. Kunhardt and her best friend Tessa Tranchant, 16, were stopped at a traffic light when they were hit from behind. Although both wore seat belts, both died – one at the scene and one after arriving at the hospital.

Janesville woman Isabell Zapien-Montoia caused the death of Beloit teen Kelly Frye
By Rasmieyh Abdelnabi
Daily News staff writer

JANESVILLE - The Janesville woman accused of driving drunk and causing the death of a Beloit teen was sentenced to three years in prison.

Isabell Zapien-Montoia, 28, of the 300 block of Glen Street, also was sentenced to eight years extended supervision for homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle.

On Aug. 22, 2006, Zapien-Montoia was driving drunk to Beloit, with Kelly Frye, 19, of Beloit. She tried to pass another vehicle in front of her, lost control and crashed into a tree. Zapien-Montoia lost her leg to the accident. Frye was taken to Rockford Memorial Hospital for severe head trauma, where she was pronounced dead.

Zapien-Montoia was originally charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle, homicide by use of a vehicle with a prohibited blood concentration, second degree reckless homicide and second degree recklessly endangering safety. In May, she accepted a plea agreement and plead guilty to the first charge and the other charges were dismissed.

Several of Frye's family members attended the sentencing hearing. Her sister, Amy Frye; her mother, Laura Haas and stepmother, Laura Frye addressed the judge before sentencing while sitting next to Rock County Assistant District Attorney Jerry Urbik. A picture of Kelly Frye sat on the desk facing the judge.

“I just want to say that this has been so hard on our family,†Haas said through heavy tears. “We just miss Kelly. We miss her every day.â€

She told of a MySpace page created and dedicated to the memory of Kelly that Kelly's sister and friends created.

“I know Isabell did not mean to kill Kelly. I know that. It was an accident,†Haas continued.

But it doesn't change the fact that Zapien-Montoia should have known better. She is old enough to not make these sorts of mistakes, Haas said.

She and Kelly's family wanted to see Zapien-Montoia get at least five years in prison.

The district attorney's office and Zapien-Montoia reached an joint sentence recommendation, which consisted of 18 months in prison followed by eight years extended supervision.

Kelly's family didn't agree with the recommendation. They were told that it was only 18 months in prison because Zapien-Montoia is an illegal immigrant and faces deportation. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has a hold on Zapien-Montoia.

Laura Frye read a prepared statement to the court on behalf of herself and Kelly's father, Buzz Frye.

“Because of Isabell's choice to drive drunk, Kelly's family will never know the great person she was meant to be. Kelly had so much potential and we know she would have succeeded at whatever she chose to do in life,†Laura Frye said. “Isabell's choice to drive the night of Aug. 22 has devastated our family. Kelly was not there for this past Thanksgiving or Christmas. She wasn't there to celebrate Father's Day with her dad like she was the years before. Isabell has forever changed our lives because of her ignorant choice to drink and drive while intoxicated almost twice the legal limit.â€

The family also requested restitution in the amount of $6,514.74 for the funeral expenses and Kelly's headstone.

The Fryes don't want to see Zapien-Montoia deported. She has been here since she was 7 years old.

“We believe that she is as much a U.S. citizen as we are. She should be given the same punishment as an American citizen,†Mrs. Frye said. “Isabell's children need her to straighten up her life so they will one day be reunited with their mother.â€

Zapien-Montoia has five children, who have been taken away from her due to neglect.

Dwane Braswell, 35, and his 9-year-old son, Jerry, of Clayton were in a big rig Sunday when a car ran a stop sign and darted out in front of them. Braswell swerved to avoid it, but his cab rolled over and burst into flames, killing the father and son.

The other driver, Luciano Telles, fled but is now in the Johnston County Jail. He had prior DUIs in Wake County and is an illegal immigrant.
[Fatal DWI Involves Illegal Immigrant, ABC Channel 11 Raleigh Durham 3/07/07]
Before being charged with killing a Porter woman and her pregnant daughter in a crash Sunday, Ignacio Gomez-Gutierrez had been convicted three times for drunken driving in Harris County, court records show.

His third DWI arrest, which would normally become a felony, was reduced to a misdemeanor, a move the mayor’s crime victims advocate calls a “pivotal moment†that ultimately led to the deaths of Maria Ortiz, 49, and her 18-year-old daughter, Vanessa, who was five months pregnant.

crash 2

Records also show Gomez-Gutierrez, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, was never deported after serving his time in jail in 2002, 2004 and 2005.

The victims’ family members and others say Gomez-Gutierrez should never have been back on the road in the first place.

“We are so angry,†said Sylvia Flores, 28, whose mother and younger sister died in the accident. “If everyone had done what they were supposed to do, they would still be alive. I don’t want (Gomez-Gutierrez) to slip through the cracks again. He’s just been given a slap on the wrist. No wonder he did it again.â€

Records show Gomez-Gutierrez spent 26 days in the county jail for the first drunken driving conviction, three days for the second incident and six months for the third.

alien

While the first two convictions were for misdemeanor drunk driving charges, by law, the third was elevated to a third-degree felony.

//

Illegal crossing
Luisa Deason, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman in Houston, said files are still being reviewed to determine if local law enforcement ever notified the federal agency about Gomez-Gutierrez’s convictions before releasing him from jail.

Investigators have determined that Gomez-Gutierrez entered the United States illegally in Hidalgo, Texas, on May 1, 2001. He has not returned to Mexico since.

Deason said efforts to detain illegal immigrants who have committed minor crimes — not categorized as felonies — have improved since September. “We have more federal officers stationed at the jail keeping track of who is there,†she said.

She said she could not say for certain what happened in this incident. In the past, however, more priority has been given to illegal immigrants who are violent gang members or who have committed felonies, Deason said….. [/quote]

National News : No More Excuses for Illegal Aliens
Posted by Jason Saine on 2005/8/15 18:22:48 News by the same author

Myrick to introduce legislation to put illegal immigrants that drive drunk on the fast track home

By Michael Barrick

August 15, 2005

GASTONIA, N.C. – Solemnly descending the stairs of the Gaston County Courthouse with the family of a man allegedly killed at the hands of an illegal immigrant who was driving drunk, U.S. Representative Sue Myrick said today she is introducing legislation in Congress – named the Scott Gardner Act – in honor of the Gaston County teacher killed while driving his family on a coastal vacation earlier this summer.

Said Myrick flatly, as she was surrounded by family members, “The Scott Gardner Act will place a mandatory detention and deportation order on any illegal alien convicted of DUI and put them on an expedited removal track.†DUI is an acronym for “Driving Under the Influence.†North Carolina calls it DWI (Driving While Impaired), but the majority of states use the DUI moniker.

She added, “Even though it is a misdemeanor, DUI is so life threatening of a crime that it should be a deportable offense.†She continued, “No more excuses. No more endless appeals. You’re drunk. You’re driving. You’re illegal. You’re deported. Period.â€

CHIEF ERNIE MENDOZA

Washington, Feb 5 - CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Madam Speaker, peace officers are a noble breed, daily risking their lives to protect and serve the rest of us. They are what separate the evil of the lawless from us.

Two weeks ago on a dark, cool, misty Texas night, Needville, Texas, Independent School District Chief of Police Ernie Mendoza, was coming home from his job. He had been supervising a basketball game at one of the local schools. As chief of police of Needville Independent School District, it was his job to protect students during school and during events.

However, on the same road was 29-year-old construction worker Guillermo Paniagua. Guillermo was drunk and driving his pickup truck. He was headed toward the chief's car. And within moments, Gulliermo's truck crossed the center stripe of the road, slammed head first into the chief of police's vehicle. The crash instantly killed this dedicated police chief.

The chief had devoted 25 years of his life as one of Texas's lawmen. It was something that meant a lot to him. He was proud to serve his country as a peace officer. He was a 1983 graduate of the Waco Police Department where he worked in this small central Texas town.

Then he moved on to the big city of Houston, Texas, where he worked with the Houston Independent School District Police Department - one of the Nation's largest school districts. And then in 1996 he accepted the position with the Needville ISD Police Department where he became chief of police.

ISD police officers have the responsibility to protect children and teachers while they are in school. They maintain law and order and discipline. They keep the kids safe from day to day. And Chief Mendoza was one of the best. He strived to be a positive role model for the kids he protected, and he made peace officers look good.

He took the time to talk to kids and was well liked throughout the school. But it all ended a mile from his own home and the indifference of a drunk driver.

Like most drunk drivers, Guillermo had only minor cuts and bruises. He was not injured. But those bruises did not keep him, the coward, the killer, from running from the scene in the darkness of the night.

He was quickly captured by the Wharton County, Texas Sheriff's Department, and now he faces first-degree felony murder charges, and failure to stop and render aid.

You see, when you drink and drive and kill somebody, that is a felony. As it ought to be.

Chief Mendoza's wife and four children are now deprived of their husband, and father for the rest of their lives. The kids of the Needville school system have lost a good protector.

But, Madam Speaker, this was not Guillermo's first rodeo. You see, he has a total of four intoxication convictions in the United States, two in Texas and two in Georgia. In Texas he was given probation for a DWI, but that was revoked when he was rearrested. And then when he got that second DWI, he only spent 3 days in jail and got 18 months probation and his license was suspended.

This drunk should never have been given his driver's license back at all. His four DWI convictions proved that the system is not holding him accountable for being a drunk driver.

But the most disturbing thing about Guillermo Paniagua is he is illegally in this country. So why is he still here? How did he get a driver's license in the first place? Why was his immigration status not checked by the police officers each and every time he was picked up for drunk driving? He should have been deported the first time he was arrested.

MO: Drunk driving illegal alien kills 21 y/o woman
MARYLAND HEIGHTS -- A suspected drunken driver was charged Saturday with involuntary manslaughter after his car plowed into the back of another vehicle, killing a young woman. The suspect, Pedro Santos, 27, was arrested about 3 a.m. Saturday, about three hours after the crash, hiding in woods not far from the scene at Marine Avenue and Bennington Place. Killed in the crash was Nicole Allen, 21. She was a back-seat passenger in an Acura that had slowed or just stopped at the intersection, waiting for a green light, about midnight Friday. A Lincoln Town Car slammed into the back of the Acura.

Illegal Immigrant Wreck Kills Father of Five
Filed under: murder, DUI, DWI, Illegal Immigration, immigration, California, crime, News — readthis @ 2:42 am

Five children are without a father after illegal immigrant Isidro Soto Pena allegedly struck Kent Boone’s vehicle head on at 90 miles per hour while driving drunk. Police say they found two pounds of crystal methamphetamine in Pena’s truck and more drugs at his home. Pena has four prior DUI convictions as well as a drug conviction.

Showing posts with label DWI. Show all posts
Thursday, June 21, 2007
NANUMA LAVULAVU

Another victim of uncontrolled border
Jun. 23, 2007 12:00 AM
The trouble started when the first beer bottle came sailing out the car window. An undercover sheriff's deputy was driving east on Durango Street on Tuesday when he saw it tossed from the driver's window. Before it was over, eight beer bottles would go flying, the officer's SUV would be pushed into oncoming traffic and one innocent bystander - a mother of two - would be dead.Nanuma Lavulavu, 46, joins Chris Miller and Micheal Bolden and a long, sad parade of people killed because our government can't or won't do what it takes to get control of the border.

OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1')
And the man accused of killing Lavulavu? He's made so many illegal treks into this country that we should name one of the trails through the Arizona desert after him.Five times he's been sent back to Mexico. Yet there he was Tuesday evening, on Durango.According to court records, Deputy Rob Kinnett was driving his unmarked SUV east near 27th Avenue a little before 7 p.m. Tuesday when he saw the Bud Light bottles flying from the car in front of him - first one, then another, then an entire six-pack. As he drew close to get the license plate number, the driver suddenly put the car in reverse, rammed him and took off. Kinnett, already on the phone with 911, turned around and was returning to the sheriff's station when he told investigators the car suddenly appeared in his rearview mirror, coming fast."The Taurus pulled up to the passenger side of Kinnett's Expedition and rammed him toward the center turn lane and into eastbound traffic," the report says. "Kinnett was able to gain control of his Expedition and continued westbound on Durango St. The Taurus then rammed Kinnett's Expedition again for a second time, forcing Kinnett's Expedition into the oncoming eastbound traffic."Specifically, head-on into Lavulavu's car. The driver accused of causing the crash, Guadalupe Perez-Bojorquez, 26, fled the scene and fought with Phoenix police after they found him hiding nearby, records say. A breath test put him at 0.16 percent, more than twice the legal limit for alcohol, and he had cocaine in his car, police said.He told police that he rammed the SUV because he suspected its driver was a cop and he didn't want to get caught.He would have experience at that.According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement records, Perez-Bojorquez is an undocumented immigrant who's been sent back to Mexico five times: once in 1997, twice in 1998, once in 2001 following an arrest for assaulting a police officer, and in 2002. Each time, he agreed to a voluntary departure, meaning his subsequent returns to this country were considered federal misdemeanors rather than felonies, said Vinnie Picard, an ICE spokesman. Re-entry after a deportation would be considered a felony, though even that likely wouldn't be prosecuted.

An Open Letter of Apology to Illegal Aliens in the United States
January 30th, 2007 · 1 Comment

On behalf of the many Congressmen and women I have helped to elect in the last near three decades of my life, who have refused their obligations under the Constitution and their promises to me that led to my votes to elect them, I wish to apologize to you for your mistaken understanding that you are entitled to the same rights, privileges and freedoms your born, naturalized or amnestied brethren have earned in the United States of America.

Through the years, while hoping you would follow your promises made to me and to others to become legal citizens, we have educated you and your children for free, provided your free healthcare, and made you the recipient of thousands of programs to assist you, free of charge, along your way.

Despite being the wealthiest and most compassionate nation on Earth, our resources are nevertheless finite. There is a bottom to this well of funds we continue to expend on your behalf. Yet our government continues to do so to the direct detriment and flagrant discrimination of the legal citizens of our land. Regardless of politics, one day soon, this well is going to run completely dry.

Our hospitals are overwhelmed by your needs, and their subsidies for providing you free healthcare are shrinking as they continue to care for more and more and more of you. And we the legal taxpayers of this country cough up more and more money ourselves to keep our hospitals afloat. The unwed birthrate among illegal Hispanic teenage girls alone is the highest of any group in our country, more than three times the teenage pregnancy rate of whites and Asians, and one-and-a-half times that of African-American girls. And your numbers of teenage pregnancies only continue to grow. In the first three months of 2006 at Parkland charity Hospital in Dallas, 70% of all births were babies born to illegal aliens. Parkland, once one of the most reputable trauma centers in the US, and where JFK was taken after his assassination on downtown Dallas streets, is now a birthing center with more than 16,000 births recorded yearly.

Our elementary, middle and high schools are failing miserably to educate your children, as well as the millions of our own children born and naturalized in this land. About a fourth of Texas teachers are uncertified at the time of their hire in our frantic need to place educators of any definition into our classrooms. Our Texas classrooms are so overpopulated that we currently have one of the highest teacher-to-pupil ratios in the country, which has drastically lowered our ability to provide a quality education to all children. Our social groups struggle harder and harder to collect the donations necessary to see that your children have the free school supplies necessary to complete their education, in addition to providing these same compassion-born generosities for children born to legal citizens living in poverty. And the situation is growing worse as more and more and more of your children enroll.

We have even gone so far as to provide many of your children, even when they are also illegal aliens, with special financial aide and the privilege of being charged the in-state tuition fees for college that we don’t offer to any of our legal residents and students beyond our state lines. And we provide this huge slap to the face in flagrant discrimination to the many students from foreign lands that have endured the exhaustive process of obtaining special Visas to attend our schools revered as some of the best in the world.

Our automotive insurance companies are reeling from paying for the millions of dollars in damages to-date to repair insured vehicles because they have no means of collecting from you when the damages are your fault, because you (as illegal aliens) are not insured. We legal citizens pay higher and higher premiums for insurance, so that you don’t have to pay a penny, but still drive across our land. Latinos account for 43% of DUI arrests in Texas, and 45% of DUI arrests in California, according to our respective Departments of Transportation statistics for 2005. The majority of these arrests are Latinos with multiple previous DUI charges, so it is no wonder why more and more and more of our innocent citizens are being slaughtered and maimed on our roadways, nor why so very many of those causing DUI accidents either flee the scene or fail to appear in court, and merely disappear into your hidden world of anonymity to repeat the offense again.

So easy a caveman could do it,Garfield... :lol:

I noticed something when looking at the pardons/clemency of Clinton. Only about 20 that I counted were even sentenced during the time that Clinton was in office. Meaning that nearly every single one of the people had severed at least a portion if not their entire jail sentence. Of the 20 or so that I saw who were sentenced, none were pardoned in the same year that they were sentenced. One could also argue that at least Clinton was liberal with his use of the pardon/clemency rather than using it to free and employee who had not even served 1 day of his sentence.

What,you trying to compare and justify Clintons actions with W?

What,you trying to compare and justify Clintons actions with W?

You quoted 5 cases. Try a study that actually uses scientific method that can be verified.

You opened the door with Clinton, I was just examining his record. I would never insult Clinton by comparing him to W.

Geez...I take a half-year sebatical and Beavis and Butthead have actually become even more immature. I now see the argument against evolution...Dell and Local 12 are actually de-evolving right before our eyes.

And still posting worlnetdaily hate blogs as credible sources?! Give me a break.

Latest posts

Back