"Lies from the pit of hell"

Since you brought up gifts. Can you please explain the religious significances of exchanging gifts on Christmas and how that celebrates the birth of Jesus? From everything I have been told about Christmas, the gift BS is a recent advent and has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas but more to do with business being able to sell junk to consumers.

Whether or not people exchange gifts around the holiday does not seem to have anything to do with ones religious proclivities.

Truth be told, Christmas has been commercialized by those who don't believe in Christmas and aren't even Christians. It has become about the money and Christians are the target and their ignorance is priceless. But it gets better...
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49379369

Truth be told, Christmas has been commercialized by those who don't believe in Christmas and aren't even Christians. It has become about the money and Christians are the target and their ignorance is priceless. But it gets better...
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49379369

What an IDIOTIC statement.

Up here in good ol' New Hampshire, there are very few Jews, Muslims, and I'd argue Atheists.
So, WHO are ALL these folks I see JAMMING the Walmarts,Toy R Us, Targets, and don't forget the Home Depots (for all the internal/external 'LIGHTS' ?
(Drum roll please).........It's ALL my CHRISTIAN neighbors, acting like ZOMBIES, over a FRAUDULENT (so called) Holiday !

Ahh, but lets NOT lose sight over the fact that my christian neighbors..LOVE..capitalism ..."AT ANY CO$T" !!

You're missing the point. The Christians are the targetted audience at that freakin' holiday they call Christmas. Gullible? No doubt.

The so called American Christians get upset because an atheist tells them to separate church and state. And here, I thought Jesus is responsible when he declared to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's...

I find it laughable that these morons in general declare that they are doing it for Christianity or Christian values, just to get the rest of you to sling mud at Christianity in general!

In the case of the USA, don't believe anybody unless he is Jesus himself, and Jesus hates politics!!!

Who says there wasn't? Regardless of funding, science goes through peer review. Look into it sometime.

How was the peer review at University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit and IPCC?

There are three threads in particular in the leaked documents which have sent a shock wave through informed observers across the world. Perhaps the most obvious, as lucidly put together by Willis Eschenbach (see McIntyre's blog Climate Audit and Anthony Watt's blog Watts Up With That ), is the highly disturbing series of emails which show how Dr Jones and his colleagues have for years been discussing the devious tactics whereby they could avoid releasing their data to outsiders under freedom of information laws.

Jolly good show, my man.

http://www.telegraph...generation.html

The research was sound. Some people fudged the info for their own agenda.

How is the peer review for the bible?

Reactions: 1 person

I agree with you on your first two sentances.

Regardless what you, I, or any other human being thinks, The Holy Bible has withstood the test of time. It's still here today, and like it or not, it will be here long after global warming has melted us away.

In your own admission you kill the peer review. The people named were the top of the food chain.
Why when confronted with information counter to your narrative, do you deflect the subject?

I agree with you on your first two sentances.

Regardless what you, I, or any other human being thinks, The Holy Bible has withstood the test of time. It's still here today, and like it or not, it will be here long after global warming has melted us away.

With stood the test of time based on what standard? There are people who still belive the earth is flat. There are primitive cultures that believe the gods are angry when the sun disappears during an eclipse. Just because some believes in something does.not.make.it valid.

In your own admission you kill the peer review. The people named were the top of the food chain.
Why when confronted with information counter to your narrative, do you deflect the subject?

Peer review is what exposed the data manipulation not magic. Important not.deflection anything. You are the one one who seems to want to hold science to a higher standard than religion. If you want science to.prove its self which it does.every day, then so should religion. The only problems thatwith that is that there is no proof and if it were proven then it would not be faith but knowledge.

. Just because some believes in something does.not.make.it valid.

Very correct statement. However it also applies to your position in this argument. Just because you believe that there is no afterlife or god does not make you correct either.

However one thing is for sure. Sooner or later we will all find out down to the last man woman and child that inhabits this planet.

The difference in this situation is that science deals with verifiable facts or theory based on evidence. Here we have a US Congress man who denies the veracity of science and replaces it with his belief in religion which has no scientific basis. Secondly, no one is trying force atheism on people.

Peer review is what exposed the data manipulation not magic. Important not.deflection anything. You are the one one who seems to want to hold science to a higher standard than religion. If you want science to.prove its self which it does.every day, then so should religion. The only problems thatwith that is that there is no proof and if it were proven then it would not be faith but knowledge.
Brought to us by the lobotomy, electric shock therapy and chemicals that will cure all our ills.
Science is not the end all means of a cure all.
There are a lot of 'proofs' that have been proven then proven unfounded.
Maybe you should widen your horizons to see the tree amongst the forest.
Eh?

Peer review didn't expose the data issue....it was WilikLeaks and Mr Assange. Where you been?