Location for next US Airways Board of Directors meeting

The Retirement System of Alabama owns the Pt Clear Marriott. Visited there once and was told Bonner picked out all the art work for the hotel. Bet they are paying little or nothing.

As for Bonner, where is the advertising he promised?

This should not come as a shock to anyone. The next meeting of the company board will be held....where? In Alabama. It is going to be held at the Grand Hotel Marriott Resort in Point Clear.

Think they got a really good rate? Think this place is nicer than where the crews layover? None of that matters. I''m sure that the 5% salary deferall all the employees are suffering will help absorb the cost. And think how easy it will be for all the RSA board members and Dr. Bronner to attend.

Labor friendly? If spending money on top executives and board members constitutes labor friendly, then this is the most labor friendly organization in the world.

----------------
On 4/23/2003 12:47:13 PM CSSUP wrote:

The Retirement System of Alabama owns the Pt Clear Marriott. Visited there once and was told Bonner picked out all the art work for the hotel. Bet they are paying little or nothing.

As for Bonner, where is the advertising he promised?

----------------

Flyswatter,

Where have the last few AFA BOD meetings been held? I believe MY dues paid for that too, didn''t they?

Seriously, I''d like to know.

Dea

Hi Dea,
I believe 2001 was held in Pittsburgh and 2002 was held in SFO.

ITrade,
Crew members would die and think they had gone to heaven if they overnighted in a $209 hotel room. The rooms we occupy are in the $30-40 range.

MLT,

Thanks for the answer. Do you remember what hotels were used? I recall in the past usually the hotels were the same or similar to where we had our RON''s.

Dea

----------------
On 4/23/2003 7:09:18 PM mlt wrote:

Hi Dea,
I believe 2001 was held in Pittsburgh and 2002 was held in SFO.

ITrade,
Crew members would die and think they had gone to heaven if they overnighted in a $209 hotel room. The rooms we occupy are in the $30-40 range.

----------------​
The point was that the BOD is not holding its annual at the Ritz Carleton Boca Raton or at the Lansdowne resort in Leesburg, VA. Since the hotel is owned by RSA, I am sure the rates are lower than the quote price.

On the other hand, the US crews aren''t necessarily staying in Motel 6 in every city. The FAs at ANU stay at a nice all-inclusive resort where the negotiated rate is $80 a day (probably negotiated from $160 a night). The Tuscany in Las Vegas, considered by AFA for LAS overnights, lists rooms from $89 - $159 per night.

The PIT Hilton lists November rates from $99.00 to $134.00 a night.