Looks Like a Bonus for Feb

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
US finished #3 of it's Triple Play peer group in on time performance for Feb, so $50 to each employee. While baggage and complaints didn't make the top three, there should be another $50 bonus for the Pinch Hitter payout since Feb D:00 was above 72%. So look for that extra $100 coming to a paycheck near you.

OTP: #6 overall, #3 of the 10 carrier (inc'l US) peer group
MBR: #8 overall, #6 of the 10 carriers (inc'l US) peer group
Complaints: last place

Jim

Small correction, The Pinch hit is not a seperate $50 catagory into itself.
It is a fallback and pays only if we do not hit one of the other three.

a few thoughts..

So is it all smoke and mirrors and schedule padding or not?

While our very strong A14 and on-time departure performance was impressive, it is also worth noting that these accomplishments occurred while we ran one of the most efficient schedules in the industry. There's just not that much slack in our flying times compared to that of other airlines, which makes every on-time departure all the more important.
– Robert Isom

Our Bag rate is now almost equal to that of SW, that is amazing from where it was the last few years (56% YOY improvement)

Complaints (although still bad) was down YOY 26% and some more interesting comments from Robert.

we’re still actively working on updating policies and improving our procedures to make it easier for our customers to do business with US. For example, we’re updating our policies to more liberally provide hotel amenities during disruptions—an area that has driven complaints from our customers. We’re also working to change our compensation when we have to deny boarding to our customers due to oversales, and plan to launch our new program prior to peak summer travel. We instituted a new DOT Alert program to make sure that each group who has received a DOT complaint related to their area is aware of the customers’ feedback so they can address areas of opportunity to improve our customers’ experience to avoid future complaints.

All in all (Despite what one reads here) things are still moving in the right direction.
It would be nice to get to the $100 a month routinely.

a few thoughts..

So is it all smoke and mirrors and schedule padding or not?

Several months ago, US management publicly stated that US was going to remove the block time padding that had been added several months before that. Good to see that US can run an on-time shedule without management's thumb on the scale (thru padded schedules). As management indicated, padded schedules are a very expensive way to run an on-time airline. And one thing US doesn't have right now is a lot of extra money to pay for padded schedules.

Several months ago, US management publicly stated that US was going to remove the block time padding that had been added several months before that.

Ummm..."publicly stated" is a very far cry from meaning that any such thing actually took place...

nycbusdriver: "Wow! We each get $100, and Doug Parker gets $1,000,000.

Sounds fair, since he obviously does most of the work, while we front-liners just slouch around"

Indeed. What could be more reasonable and fair than that? Besides which...you're just quibbling over a few zeros in the figures ;) Since this is all about just acknowledging and rewarding people for performance: I'm sure that those receiving the millions would be equally pleased with $100...be fair here. ;)

Nope I guess they sure don't have to give a thing. Ya see though, that kind of goes right along with what I wrote in post #74 in the "To Find Profit" thread. Happy employees and appreciated employees = happy customers and ultimately a successful company. What do I know, we're all just "can crackers", "bag slingers", "auto mechanics" and "bus drivers". :rolleyes:

Nope I guess they sure don't have to give a thing. Ya see though, that kind of goes right along with what I wrote in post #74 in the "To Find Profit" thread. Happy employees and appreciated employees = happy customers and ultimately a successful company. What do I know, we're all just "can crackers", "bag slingers", "auto mechanics" and "bus drivers". :rolleyes:

Well, there you go.......

And all this time I thought we were all just "galley hags," "ramp rats," "wrench turners," "and gear jerkers." :huh:

All being pushed around and abused by the "suits." :angry:

Happy employees and appreciated employees = happy customers and ultimately a successful company. What do I know, we're all just "can crackers", "bag slingers", "auto mechanics" and "bus drivers". :rolleyes:

At what $$$ bonus amount do we become happy and feel appreciated? Or is it like a floating rate?

Who here is going to refuse his or her own performance bonus until management shows us real respect, convinces us that we're valued, and overhauls the product until it's industry-leading?

Anybody?

If there's one thing I've acquired since I've been posting here it's a subtle and ever-so sneaking suspicion that no matter what happens or whatever the company does or does not do, there will also be a dedicated few that will sit on the sidelines with arms folded, bemoaning that things have never been done right and never will and that no matter what we do or what direction we try to go in, it's the wrong one.

So if someone wants to give me $100 more dollars for doing my job the way I always try to do it (correctly) then I won't turn it down, especially in this economy.

Small correction, The Pinch hit is not a seperate $50 catagory into itself.
It is a fallback and pays only if we do not hit one of the other three.
Thanks for the correction and sorry for getting everybody's hope up for an additional $50.

Jim

<SNIP> And all this time I thought we were all just "galley hags," "ramp rats," "wrench turners," "and gear jerkers." :huh:
Coke-slinging-swooshbags...

<SNIP> Anybody?

I’ve always had the impression that a lot of US folks would rather settle for some real leadership and tools to do their job. $100 is nice to take the wife and kids out to a movie and dinner at Grizzlebee’s, but these contests with silly names seem kind of patronizing.

Coke-slinging-swooshbags...

I’ve always had the impression that a lot of US folks would rather settle for some real leadership and tools to do their job. $100 is nice to take the wife and kids out to a movie and dinner at Grizzlebee’s, but these contests with silly names seem kind of patronizing.

I'd take a pension and a livable wage. I'd take my vacation days and the few paid holidays we had.
I'd take crew meals, not jumping through hoops to get a passport, 100% sick time, I would indeed take decent quality consistent working tools to do my job. There's more of course but $50.00/$100.00 is a drop in the bucket compared to what we gave up with a gun to our heads.