No Triple Play for Oct

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
The DOT issues it's monthly report this morning and for it's shrinking peer group (now 5 carriers total) US finished 4th in O/T and 2nd in baggage and complaints, so no triple play. US did, however, beat it's D:00 goal so $50 will be paid out for the pinch hitter award.

Jim

Missed getting a $100 dollars by this much (Fingers held together so you cannot see any space).

Missed out on 1st in bags by 29 out of over 2.4 milion and missed out by 8 customer complaints. All in all still trending the right way.
Good job everyone, I'll take the gimmie on the D Zero!

Missed getting a $100 dollars by this much (Fingers held together so you cannot see any space).

Missed out on 1st in bags by 29 out of over 2.4 milion and missed out by 8 customer complaints. All in all still trending the right way.

big deal.. pay us what we deserve and keep your nickles... Do people get it! MGMT makes millions with our efforts and they throw us 50 bucks now and again.
get real

Reactions: 2 people

The customer complaints could be reduced if management would support and not tied the hands of the front line workers

Reactions: 1 person
Let Debbie Downer get her G'damn pom pom's out. Instead of $50.00 I'd like to have a contract and pay to feel appreciated. How about giving the frontline employees the tools to do their jobs. Holy crap some people are amazing. :rolleyes:

Let Debbie Downer get her G'damn pom pom's out. Instead of $50.00 I'd like to have a contract and pay to feel appreciated. How about giving the frontline employees the tools to do their jobs. Holy crap some people are amazing. :rolleyes:

You crack me up.. Thanks for the laugh... thinking of pom pom's.... LOL

Instead of $50.00 I'd like to have a contract and pay to feel appreciated.
So do you plan to refund your payout to the company as a bonus objector? At what multiplier of your current pay would have to be applied to reach that warm fuzzy feeling of appreciation? 1.1? 1.25? 1.39? Since this value seems to exist I'm curious as to what it is, and if Tempe doesn't know, how will they ever apply it on that magical day when they wake up and suddenly give everyone across-the-board raises?

When do you think it likely you'll have such a contract? If the forum poll is accurate the FA TA looks DOA. If what you want can't be had at the negotiating table then it won't likely be had at all. It doesn't do to say that management has some kind of professional or moral obligation to offer you what you "deserve", because that's not how collective bargaining actually works.

For all the turning of anything positive into negative and exploiting every possible opportunity to criticize, how much of an appreciable, measurable benefit has it had on your situation? You know the saying, spit in one hand, wish in another and see which fills first...at least the $50 is a certainly; a sweetheart contract, not so much. $550 may be a paltry- nay, demeaning substitute for what you or I would have coming in a fair world but times being what they are, I'll take the extra now without complaint and save my vitriol for negotiating time. :p

Holy crap some people are amazing. :rolleyes:
Ooh, and how.

I don't plan on returning ANYTHING. The 50 coming my well is A. well deserved and B. MINE. This company has been a success on the backs of the hard working people. Whatever! ! ! So nope, not returning a thing as I need ever penny working at US. ;) FLY THE FLAG! !

Union brainwashed fools the lot of you!

US had over 8,500 applications for FA’s and Delta over 100,000 you are not underpaid obviously! You guys are economically challenged but well at little sayings and mindless patter!
Every time airline paid the unions what they think they are worth you went into BK.

You probabaly voted for Obama too! :eek:

Funny a Union guy saying the company tells me what to think. There is a reason only 7% of you are left in America!

Actually is 13%, and why is the airline industry the highest percentage of being union?

Gee it was those unions who saved the company with concessions. And WN is the highest percentage of unionization and the highest paid and most profitable.

Gee those pesky unions, lol.

That 13% I believe is including Government unions another huge problem for this country. Private business union memberships are les than 8%.
The point is a Union tells you how to think, what to say and even how to vote in public elections and for your hard earned money you get exactly what? The right to feel abused and under appreciated? It is a dying thing for a reason, too bad for the Airline industry that it is so engrained. It hurts way more then it helps but I don't expect any of you to admit it or even consider the damage being unionized has done to the industry and even your day to day jobs.