Looks Like a Bonus for Feb

Might have to switch to the rotgut vodka and generic smokes... :eek:

Jim

In that case, PM me the bill for the 2nd scotch and smoke. Maybe I can find enough change among the couch cushions to treat you.

Personally I don't do vodka - spent too many hours worshiping at the porcelain throne one night in my late teens and haven't had a hankering for it since. I'll stick to my whiskey.

Jim

At what $$$ bonus amount do we become happy and feel appreciated? Or is it like a floating rate?

Who here is going to refuse his or her own performance bonus until management shows us real respect, convinces us that we're valued, and overhauls the product until it's industry-leading?

Anybody?

If there's one thing I've acquired since I've been posting here it's a subtle and ever-so sneaking suspicion that no matter what happens or whatever the company does or does not do, there will also be a dedicated few that will sit on the sidelines with arms folded, bemoaning that things have never been done right and never will and that no matter what we do or what direction we try to go in, it's the wrong one.

So if someone wants to give me $100 more dollars for doing my job the way I always try to do it (correctly) then I won't turn it down, especially in this economy.

Sometimes it is not so subtle.....but fairly accurate and well said.

At what $$$ bonus amount do we become happy and feel appreciated? Or is it like a floating rate?

Who here is going to refuse his or her own performance bonus until management shows us real respect, convinces us that we're valued, and overhauls the product until it's industry-leading?

Anybody?

If there's one thing I've acquired since I've been posting here it's a subtle and ever-so sneaking suspicion that no matter what happens or whatever the company does or does not do, there will also be a dedicated few that will sit on the sidelines with arms folded, bemoaning that things have never been done right and never will and that no matter what we do or what direction we try to go in, it's the wrong one.

So if someone wants to give me $100 more dollars for doing my job the way I always try to do it (correctly) then I won't turn it down, especially in this economy.

You are spot on Chock. I'll take the $100, too...with a sincere "Thank you". They are in no way obligated to give us anything as a bonus. As I have said before the majority of posters on this board would complain if they were hung with a new rope!

You are spot on Chock. I'll take the $100, too...with a sincere "Thank you". They are in no way obligated to give us anything as a bonus. As I have said before the majority of posters on this board would complain if they were hung with a new rope!

I'll take the $100, too. And I'll say "Thank You" to the thousands of fellow front-line workers who made it possible. To the Tempe brain-trust, I'll say :p and "Thanks for nothing."

a few thoughts..

So is it all smoke and mirrors and schedule padding or not?

Our Bag rate is now almost equal to that of SW, that is amazing from where it was the last few years (56% YOY improvement)

Complaints (although still bad) was down YOY 26% and some more interesting comments from Robert.

First congratulations on any amount of extra 'good work' money that comes your way. I agree you all deserve it! :up: :up:

Now the baggage figures are deceiving, imo. LUV doesn't charge for bags, US does. Therefore your numbers hold no water since many US fliers are traveling lighter.

Less complaints means less fliers...and I'm starting to see it in my 'dinky' area.

BTW, how come there is still skycap service??? Just curious.

Now the baggage figures are deceiving, imo. LUV doesn't charge for bags, US does. Therefore your numbers hold no water since many US fliers are traveling lighter.

Not only that, but if one is paying a fee to have a bag delivered, they are much more likely (and deservedly so) to complain if it does not show up.

I was reading an article about successful branding this morning. According to that, it's not that important what a company promises and it's not that important what a company delivers, but it is vitally important that a company consistly delivers what it promises.

WN doesn't promise to interline bags and then not do it. They make no bones about not interlining bags and then deliver exactly what they say they will.

Jim

I was reading an article about successful branding this morning. According to that, it's not that important what a company promises and it's not that important what a company delivers, but it is vitally important that a company consistly delivers what it promises.

WN doesn't promise to interline bags and then not do it. They make no bones about not interlining bags and then deliver exactly what they say they will.

Jim
Jim, with all due respect, That's exactly my point,
when it comes to interlining bags, LUV delivers nothing,

Jim, with all due respect, That's exactly my point,
when it comes to interlining bags, LUV delivers nothing,

Which is exactly what they promise regarding interlining bags. Promise made, promise kept, few complaints.

Jim

Which is exactly what they promise regarding interlining bags. Promise made, promise kept, few complaints.

Jim
I agree 100% Jim and I think that has been a long time problem with US-never quite sure what they wanted to be and falling short of the mark at most of what they try.

One thing I have wondered about with the add on fees is why they don't make them fare specific. Pay $1000 Y CLT to LAX, bring all your bags for free, free meal and drinks, seat of your choice. Pay $100, get a center seat, nothing else for free and pay for air!