Low Cost or Low Class?

CaptBud330

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Allegiant Airlines is starting service to Knoxville. I went on their site and chose (2) $49 tickets to TPA. When it was time to pay by credit card, I was asked if I wanted to choose my seats for a measly $11 each. That's 20% of the price of the ticket! Being cheap and retired I declined that offer so I continued to check out. It now asked how many bags I would be checking. If you were checking no bags, the fee was zero. I wouldn't have expected that (sarcasm). My wife, not being as experienced in packing as a 37 year US Air veteran, will need to check one bag. That will be an extra $2.00 added to my $49 dollar fare. Now I can't be that cheap can I? Nah, I'll pay the 2 bucks to keep the peace .
Now when we board the plane, I wonder what a Diet Coke, a lavatory pass, a reading light, an air vent, and the inflight magazine will set me back. By the time I get there I'll bet it will cost more then a ticket on US Airways.

Allegiant Airlines is starting service to Knoxville. I went on their site and chose (2) $49 tickets to TPA.

Just so your ride or rental car doesnt show at the wrong airport, you'll actually be flying to St.Pete/Clearwater and not Tampa proper. Its close, but not close enough when your ride is waiting at the other airport. :shock: