US Airways Express 247
Total 510

Philadelphia Fact Sheet
Philadelphia International Airport
Daily Departures US Airways 224
US Airways Express 235
Total 459
[post="242937"][/post]​
factor in O&D traffic and clt goes to the bottom of the barrel with PIT....
and factor in the feb flights at PHL and it may change...

usairways_vote_NO said:
I been told a lot I don't get it so I guess you are right. So when I look in the mirror am I answering the question truthfully or do I really get to take my choice? I really could give a hoot (pun intended) where that bullseye is located when the game is over its over. Please tell me how my posting my sarcastic remarks on this board amounts to 1) putting final nail in Usairways coffin 2) Making my ass a big bullseye 3) me being ignorant and my ignorance hurting peoples careers. If that was all true and I deflected blame from management who cares? What is that going to change? Maybe save money for company because since management isn't getting blame anymore then they can't pack up bags and run away with their golden parachutes? Smart truly smart.
[post="243077"][/post]​
WOW!!! I see the toll this is taking on U employees!!!!! Truly sad!!

Chuck said:
Dear "No";

You just don't get it do you? When you cash your final paycheck, look in the mirror, ask yourself this question. "Am I part of the problem, or part of the solution"? The choice is yours. When people like you act the way you do, you only put a huge bullseye on your ass in the blame game. Odds are that you will never realize how significant you and many others were in putting the final nail in the coffin for USAirways. The truly sad part is that a lot of innocent peoples careers will be hurt by your ignorance. When you think and act the way you do, you only serve to deflect the blame from management. Stupid, truly stupid.
Not fraternally yours

Chuck
[post="243011"][/post]​
Well Said!! :up:

NeedForSpeed said:
Well Said!! :up:
[post="243395"][/post]​

I find it ridiculous that you put up a picture of all the METROJET planes, that have been thrown to the desert, as if it supports the idea that employee attitudes have ruined the company.

If you review the facts a little you will see that the reason the METROJET planes are parked in the desert is squarely the fault and calculated decision of Mgt.

Following 911 all the unions went swiftly to Crystal City to talk about concessions, huge concessions, that could dramatically reduce costs and even temporarily park planes until ridership increased back to pre-911 levels, thus allowing the company to dramatically shrink and re-expand quickly with trained employees. But Mgt in its infinite wisdom chose to refuse to talk to the employees about their voluntary concessions for over three fourths of a year. Wolf was completely silent and hid behind his mahogany door while the emergency state of USAir and the airlines industry worsened. Mgt refused to address the situation or even listen to how employees were willing to help.

The crisis of 911 afforded USAir Mgt with unique opportunities that it would not have otherwise had--and Gangwal was fired for saying as much. (Southwest had the same "opportunity" and chose a different course of action.)

Instead of listening to employees willingness to take huge concessions, USAIR Mgt. preferred to do NOTHING to reduce the negative effects of 911. They chose rather to allow 911 effects to fully run their course of destruction. By the time Mgt. was willing to talk to employees it was necessary to eliminate three fleet types, undergo two bankruptcies, permanently furlough half the employees, and give 50% pay cuts to the unfortunate who stayed.

Mgt has successfully eliminated Mainline while pretending to still be a legacy carrier. They have outsourced thousands of jobs, and now have unlimited RJs and small mainline planes at Express carriers. Added to this, the employees that remain have ironically agreed to Express pay and work rules but are in too much denial to admit it.

Gangwal was right: USAIR MGT was afforded opportunities by the events of 911 that they would not have otherwise had. Your picture of METROJETS in the dessert is a good reminder to the failure of mgt. if you are an employee, and on the flipside a testament to the cunning ability of mgt who took advantage of opportunities that it would not have been afforded without 911. (The testimony of how Southwest's mgt chose to avail themselves of the unique opportunities of 911 can be seen in the dramatic increase of airframes opperated by happy mainline employees in many more airports than they flew in before 911.)

You decide for yourself if employee morale brought about the decisions of mgt, or if morale is in response to mgt decisions that employees cannot affect, even if they try diligently to be of help.

Cheers

post-6998-1106977514.jpg

Phoenix said:
I find it ridiculous that you put up a picture of all the METROJET planes, that have been thrown to the desert, as if it supports the idea that employee attitudes have ruined the company.

If you review the facts a little you will see that the reason the METROJET planes are parked in the desert is squarely the fault and calculated decision of Mgt.

Following 911 all the unions went swiftly to Crystal City to talk about concessions, huge concessions, that could dramatically reduce costs and even temporarily park planes until ridership increased back to pre-911 levels, thus allowing the company to dramatically shrink and re-expand quickly with trained employees.  But Mgt in its infinite wisdom chose to refuse to talk to the employees about their voluntary concessions for over three fourths of a year.  Wolf was completely silent and hid behind his mahogany door while the emergency state of USAir and the airlines industry worsened.  Mgt refused to address the situation or even listen to how employees were willing to help. 

The crisis of 911 afforded USAir Mgt with unique opportunities that it would not have otherwise had--and Gangwal was fired for saying as much.  (Southwest had the same "opportunity" and chose a different course of action.)

Instead of listening to employees willingness to take huge concessions, USAIR Mgt. preferred to do NOTHING to reduce the negative effects of 911.  They chose rather to allow 911 effects to fully run their course of destruction.  By the time Mgt. was willing to talk to employees it was necessary to eliminate three fleet types, undergo two bankruptcies, permanently furlough half the employees, and give 50% pay cuts to the unfortunate who stayed.

Mgt has successfully eliminated Mainline while pretending to still be a legacy carrier.  They have outsourced thousands of jobs, and now have unlimited RJs and small mainline planes at Express carriers.  Added to this, the employees that remain have ironically agreed to Express pay and work rules but are in too much denial to admit it.

Gangwal was right:  USAIR MGT was afforded opportunities by the events of 911 that they would not have otherwise had.  Your picture of METROJETS in the dessert is a good reminder to the failure of mgt. if you are an employee, and on the flipside a testament to the cunning ability of mgt who took advantage of opportunities that it would not have been afforded without 911.  (The testimony of how Southwest's mgt chose to avail themselves of the unique opportunities of 911 can be seen in the dramatic increase of airframes opperated by happy mainline employees in many more airports than they flew in before 911.)

You decide for yourself if employee morale brought about the decisions of mgt, or if morale is in response to mgt decisions that employees cannot affect, even if they try diligently to be of help.

Cheers

post-6998-1106977514.jpg

[post="243409"][/post]​
By posting the pic of metrojet aircraft, was by NO MEANS that I Inferring that it was the employees fault!!!!! I NEVER said that....EVER!!!! I was responding to ONE PARTICULAR post about a particular comment made by another....Kapeesh?
GOOD DAY!!

NeedForSpeed said:
By posting the pic of metrojet aircraft, was by NO MEANS that I Inferring that it was the employees fault!!!!! I NEVER said that....EVER!!!! I was responding to ONE PARTICULAR post about a particular comment made by another....Kapeesh?
GOOD DAY!!
[post="243590"][/post]​

The post to which you heartily agreed clearly indicated that the individual was drawing blame to himself. It even says that he and many other employees are “significant … in putting the final nail in the coffin for USAirways.â€￾ I certainly don’t disagree that the individual has drawn blame to himself but I find ridiculous the proposition that a few unhappy employees will cause the demise of US Airways, seeing that it is clearly the intent of management to do away with mainline and replace it with an ever-increasing Express operation, while still advertising and charging ticket prices as if it were still “mainline.â€￾

To follow up a post concerning employee blame with a picture that is a testament to management’s dismal failure (or calculated opportunistic maneuvering following the 911 “unique opportunities afforded to themâ€￾) confuses the issue. Who sealed the death of METROJET, the occasional disgruntled employee or the backslapping buddies assembled around the mahogany table in Crystal City who are counting out their millions?

A few disgruntled employees will not get in their way, but they may certainly help them by being scapegoats.

Cheers

Phoenix said:
The post to which you heartily agreed clearly indicated that the individual was drawing blame to himself.  It even says that he and many other employees  are “significant … in putting the final nail in the coffin for USAirways.â€￾

A few disgruntled employees will not get in their way, but they may certainly help them by being scapegoats. 

[post="243663"][/post]​

In regards to your post I am not sure 1. What post you think he was agreeing with (mine or Chucky?) 2. Who was drawing blame to himself (me or Chucky?).

The definition of a disgruntled employee is an employee in the state of sulky dissatisfaction.

The definition of sulky is sullen or moody.

What employee wouldn't be in that state after what has been done to him? What is so bad about that? Should they be all happy singing happy days are here again? When an employee voices his feelings are his thoughts so different then one that bottles them up inside?

I am not sure how being a disgruntled employee has gotten such a bad stigma attached to it.

As far as being scapegoats... to who? You really think management will be let off the hook because of a few disgruntled employees, as you call them, have voiced their dissatisfaction? The fact that a few disgruntled employees voiced their opinions they caused the failure of a company?
That a lot of power. In the hands of a few? Hmm sounds like...

Latest posts