Enough Second Chances!

usairways_vote_NO said:
That is really going out on a limb now. You sure you can agree with that statement? I'll give you a chance to retract it just in case you were confused.
Sure they can't make it only with cargo and mail? What if they add mannequins? Wouldn't be those complaining passengers anymore
[post="242683"][/post]​

blah blah blah. I wouldn't have a job then. Is that better?

PineyBob said:
YES I'm saying I haven't used worse. There is almost no reason valid to call a front liner and idiot or moron. The folks who hire, train & manage front line employees is another story.

And no I don't have to pay more US has to cost less.
[post="242686"][/post]​

Ok, Bob, you say US has to cost less. With the employees working for a greatly reduced salary, paying substantially more for medical insurance, no more pensions, no more retiree health insurance, and outsourced substantial amount of work causing massive layoffs; off the top of my head it seems like the people at US took a 50%
reduction in total compensation. How much lower do you expect them to go so you and the others can have your cheap tickets? See my other post in the "how much is your soul worth thread" regarding the fact that a minimum wage, benefitless, ground handling company came over to us asking if we wanted to work for them on our days off. Obviously, they can't find anyone who is willing (or who can pass a drug test or background check) to work for garbage in order to subsidize your lust for low fares.

PineyBob said:
YES I'm saying I haven't used worse. There is almost no reason valid to call a front liner and idiot or moron. The folks who hire, train & manage front line employees is another story.

And no I don't have to pay more US has to cost less.
[post="242686"][/post]​

I am still searching for you calling worse but havent had luck yet but I did find this...
""Aug 23 2004, 01:18 AM
The fuel issue has me furious. The airlines should hike their fares to reflect the difference, but if one does, it backs down immediately because none of the rest go along. That's suicide in my book. If the price of dog food went up, then I jacked up the price of a puppy.....not significantly, but enough to keep things level. You cannot give product away and expect good service and happy employees""
PINEYSPEAKS

Oh and ran across your "self imposed exile" topic that we are still waiting to take effect.

PINEYEXILE

PineyLimeyBob said:
To all of my friends on US Aviation,

In light of recent events it seems to me that in the best interests of FFOCUS and it's membership that I refrain from posting here.

I am going to Ireland and will return Tuesday October 19th. At that time I will decide whether to return to posting here. I will lurk and read the interesting debate.PINEYEXILE
Those were the days werent they?
To bad they were so short lived.

aafsc said:
...people at US took a 50% reduction in total compensation. How much lower do you expect them to go so you and the others can have your cheap tickets?
[post="242694"][/post]​
Speaking for myself, I don't expect US to lower compensation in order to profitably collect ~10¢ RASM. I expect US to increase efficiency in order to profitably collect ~10¢ RASM.

But the fact that CCY has chosen to lower compensation does not mean that it's the consumers' fault that wages are lower. If it were, explain how WN has the highest paid line employees in the industry, while making profits at 10¢ RASM...even before the fuel hedging became an issue.

mweiss said:
Speaking for myself, I don't expect US to lower compensation in order to profitably collect ~10¢ RASM. I expect US to increase efficiency in order to profitably collect ~10¢ RASM.

But the fact that CCY has chosen to lower compensation does not mean that it's the consumers' fault that wages are lower. If it were, explain how WN has the highest paid line employees in the industry, while making profits at 10¢ RASM...even before the fuel hedging became an issue.
[post="242720"][/post]​

I agree and I have always believed that the "legacys" should pursue much more effiecient operations. Unfortunately, the managements still have not realized this. However, the legacies still operate with hubs and by their very nature they are inefficient (although depeaking helps decrease inefficiency). The hubs do enable consumers to have access to more cities, especially smaller cities and international ones (efficient in terms of scope and size of network regarding the number of possible city pairs) but inefficient economically (when contrasted with point to point) and the employees of the legacies are subsidizing the hub inefficiency when ticket prices can't be raised high enough to cover cost.

JS said:
I'm sure no one will believe me, but I swear I was not the one who "started it". In fact, after the agent started giving me lip, I waited a few seconds trying to decide what to do -- start yelling or just wait for another agent -- and decided on the latter.
[post="242680"][/post]​

So who the ___ are you to think you can YELL at an agent there cool kid? I always Keep saying people have to learn the difference between service and servitude.

mweiss said:
[post="242720"][/post]​

No you explain it. Its obvious the management can't. Can you help them out here?

elmerfishpaw said:
So who the ___ are you to think you can YELL  at an agent there cool kid? I always Keep saying people have to learn the difference between service and servitude.
[post="242759"][/post]​

I was always taught never to yell and berate someone if you want them to service or help you.

I am glad I learned one of them.

elmerfishpaw said:
So who the ___ are you to think you can YELL at an agent there cool kid? I always Keep saying people have to learn the difference between service and servitude.
[post="242759"][/post]​

I did not yell. I didn't call him a moron in person, I called him a moron on this thread.

So you like to talk behind people's backs and can't tell them what you think to their face?

Unreal.

700UW said:
So you like to talk behind people's backs and can't tell them what you think to their face?

Unreal.
[post="242779"][/post]​

Is that kinda like you and what you said about Beth on here or did you tell her that to face?

Thread

Oops I am stalking again

700UW said:

Unreal.
[post="242779"][/post]​

OK, next time I will call him a moron right to his face. Is that better?