M&E reductions announced

I was recalled to LAX last week. I couldnt believe it. I emailed the local union president to find out why they are recalling when every one knows that AA will layoff in the fall. I also told him that I thought it was irresponsible of the company and the union to allow members to be recalled at this time. He assured me that there were no "shenanigans" going on from the union or the company, but it sounds fishy to me! :down: By the way, I was laidoff in january of '03.

I was recalled to LAX last week. I couldnt believe it. I emailed the local union president to find out why they are recalling when every one knows that AA will layoff in the fall. I also told him that I thought it was irresponsible of the company and the union to allow members to be recalled at this time. He assured me that there were no "shenanigans" going on from the union or the company, but it sounds fishy to me! :down: By the way, I was laidoff in january of '03.

The staffing needs at each base are unique, so it's difficult to know exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Congratulations on your return. Maybe this is a sign that lots of people are taking VBRs.

The staffing needs at each base are unique, so it's difficult to know exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Congratulations on your return. Maybe this is a sign that lots of people are taking VBRs.

It really has nothing to do with it because the the VBR for the TWU application period is till ongoing and ends September 3. The week of and after the announcement that 1300 maintenance positions would be eliminated, recalled mechanics were still reporting for training at JFK.

Can anyone post title 1 recall list to the various stations? I know AFW is recalled, believe DFW is done, MCI has a lot of recalls(that will never happen) and TULE has how many with recalls? What about stations is Kings99 above the last naative into LAX with recall, is ORD done, MIA etc etc etc?

I went out the door to in December '02.

<_< Joe, I really don't know the particulars, but the way I understand it from talking to some of these layed off LAX AMT's here at MCI, is the way it's supposed to work is, exTWA people only get called back after all layed off nAAtive AMT's, that were hired before April 10, 2001, have been recalled. Problem is they, exTWAer's, can't get an accurate list as to how many, and who, these people are! And it seems AA is recalling nAAtive AMT's that were hired after exTWAers were let go!------- Why are we paying Union Dues to a Union that are not representing us? In fact are using those same dues to screw us? Kasher ruled that there will be no system flush of exTWA people! So what the hell do you call what's going on here at MCI??? :down:
As far as I know, they didn't hire after the Ex TWAers were let go because I went out the door with them, never to have an opportunity to return until January '08. I hear you about paying dues to the Union. Couldn't agree more.

Can anyone post title 1 recall list to the various stations? I know AFW is recalled, believe DFW is done, MCI has a lot of recalls(that will never happen) and TULE has how many with recalls? What about stations is Kings99 above the last naative into LAX with recall, is ORD done, MIA etc etc etc?
Looking at the LAX list posted on the 564 website, the last naative name I recognize is right around #80. There were more below him originally but they have been dropped as the years have gone by. He is one of the last that still has recall rights with maybe 10 (more or less) below him, then you start with the Ex TWAers.

As far as I know, they didn't hire after the Ex TWAers were let go because I went out the door with them, never to have an opportunity to return until January '08. I hear you about paying dues to the Union. Couldn't agree more.
<_< ------ Like I said Joe, I really don't know all the particulars. I'm out of here! I've had enough! The only word I know that describes this Company, and it's Union, is pure arrogance! There's rumor of an extension on the window for signing up for the VBR, along with a veiled threat of enforcement of Article 39! But I haven't seen anything in writting yet! How a Union could put something like that in a contract just floors me?

<_< ------ Like I said Joe, I really don't know all the particulars. I'm out of here! I've had enough! The only word I know that describes this Company, and it's Union, is pure arrogance! There's rumor of an extension on the window for signing up for the VBR, along with a veiled threat of enforcement of Article 39! But I haven't seen anything in writting yet! How a Union could put something like that in a contract just floors me?
I hear you. The way the company and union work together is beyond me as well. Good luck to you.

As far as ORD is concerned, if you look at our locals website,http://twu563.org/ , there is a link to the ORD recall list. It appears the last time it was updated was March of 08, but from what I can tell we have already recalled up to about number 13 on the list. We heard today that there is a requisition for 20 more recalls to ORD due to the 737 B check coming in January from LGA.

No need to congratulate me, I'm not coming back. I would have loved to under better conditons. But to come back now, I'm sure I'd be gone in a couple of months. What a waste of a recall.

No need to congratulate me, I'm not coming back. I would have loved to under better conditons. But to come back now, I'm sure I'd be gone in a couple of months. What a waste of a recall.
Same reason I didn't return, so I turned down both recalls. I changed career fields and the one I'm in is oh so much more secure.

Maybe it is that they need more coffee pots replaced, light bulbs fixed and tiers changed. since this is all that the line amt are good for. I have said for years that if AA was smart they would just make the pilots cary there AAA cards with them.

Maybe it is that they need more coffee pots replaced, light bulbs fixed and tiers changed. since this is all that the line amt are good for. I have said for years that if AA was smart they would just make the pilots cary there AAA cards with them.

WTF

How do you fix a light bulb? Also, why would a line AMT change a (tier) what ever that is?
Grab a clue. :blink: