M&E reductions announced

Here's something interesting. A friend of mine just got his recall letter for LAX. Figure that one out.

and they are hiring aircraft cleaners in tulsa. What gives?

Guys,

TWU/AA need votes to pass the JointNegotiations Fiasco they have imposed on the membership.

If M&R negotiates separately: AA/TWU have to answer how some $1,000,000,000.00 in COST REDUCTIONS and REVENUE ENHANCEMENTS do not equate to greater job security and income increases for M&R despite the pay increases for AA Management and the TWU.

Maybe a FSC might do it, but how many soon-to-be furloughed AMT's at MCI would even consider a downgrade to aircraft cleaner in TUL?
Not sure how many will downgrade given their seniority date after the TWA acquisition.
A/C Cleaners in TULE have the highest injury rate system-wide due to the physical requirements, an unsafe working enviroment and poor equipment.
If MCI folks do decide to bump to A/C cleaners.. They may want to start pumping iron now.
I don't say that as a flame, but it is very excruciating, physical labor.

<_< ----- Was he exTWA? It seems LAX has bypassed a number of them.
No, he wasn't. I know what you saying about bypassing. What they are doing is when the new list comes out, it is adjusted, but the list on the 564 website is not, so they just mark off who got the next letter. There is no one left on the list that I can see that is still with AA except for the Ex TWA guys. He was only about 20 people on the list below me before my name was dropped off of it.

No, he wasn't. I know what you saying about bypassing. What they are doing is when the new list comes out, it is adjusted, but the list on the 564 website is not, so they just mark off who got the next letter. There is no one left on the list that I can see that is still with AA except for the Ex TWA guys. He was only about 20 people on the list below me before my name was dropped off of it.
<_< Joe, I really don't know the particulars, but the way I understand it from talking to some of these layed off LAX AMT's here at MCI, is the way it's supposed to work is, exTWA people only get called back after all layed off nAAtive AMT's, that were hired before April 10, 2001, have been recalled. Problem is they, exTWAer's, can't get an accurate list as to how many, and who, these people are! And it seems AA is recalling nAAtive AMT's that were hired after exTWAers were let go!------- Why are we paying Union Dues to a Union that are not representing us? In fact are using those same dues to screw us? Kasher ruled that there will be no system flush of exTWA people! So what the hell do you call what's going on here at MCI??? :down:

Here's something interesting. A friend of mine just got his recall letter for LAX. Figure that one out.

They are still recalling at ORD. 3 AMTs just returned to work yesterday and 1 last week. Their occ. date at layoff was 10/2000 thru 11/2000. Last day worked was 5/2003.

Latest posts