Machinists Union Update

usfliboi said:
Cav It will be so interesting in the end my friend.
You are NOT my friend and in fact I loathe people like you, spineless, pathetic yes men who will let themselves be walked over and used as human trash. This does nothing except reinforce the abusers essentially saying to them, it's ok, you can do anything to me including slaughter and kill my family. You have no honor and therefore can not be considered a man by a man's standards. Don't even call me your "friend“: because your kind is every honorable man's enemy.

Good balanced post burghlaw. As far as some one getting on your case so what, you made an guess based on the information you had at the time. Your posts are informative.

USA320PILOT, your silence is deafening

I am still waiting for my answer to the question earlier in the post in regards to the good captain's vote........"Yes" :down: or "No" :up: ??????

hp_fa said:
320:

Read the following very closely...

1. The debtor in possession must have made a proposal to the union.

A debtor-in-possession is not a debtor-in-possession until after the BK has been filed.
There is no sense debating people as these are: People who will do the will of others even to their own personal detriment or others. People who don't understand how to make a stand, or are simply scared to death to make one.

700: I was advised by a friend of mine who is in the mental health field that what feeds people like USA320Pilot, it's exactly what you are doing. It's like providing him fuel. The best thing to do is simply and totally ignore him, which eliminates his fuel.

We the IAM membership know what the score is and sure as hell don't need input or spurious information from outsiders only concerned with themselves. You obviously can do what you want, but I personally am going to heed that advice.

AlabubbaRegional
Posted: Aug 6 2004, 07:43 AM
Dear Repeet,

You just said it yourself ... only 95% to 98% of the mechanics you know support the current union position. As a non-mechanic, or as you might call me a "shirt-tail rider", 100% of the non-mechanics I work with support the no concessions stance. We are not over paid. Our benefits have gone down the gutter as did yours. It is not us being heroes moving planes around without wing walkers. It is not us bailing out and becoming junior foremen. As I recall we shirt-tail riders went on strike to get you more money per ticket even though you might never really use said ticket. I'm sick of this "blame it on the less paid guy 'cuz he makes too much" mentality. You call yourself a union member? Did you ever hear of solidarity?. Solidarity broke the Soviet Union. Maybe you might want to try it at U ... even though it's probably too late ... not because of shirt-tail riders making too much but because of incompetent managers.

Whooa, I say WHOOA,

Ok, so it was like 6:00AM when I made this post and I made a social blunder. Let me re-state myself for clarity:

Of the Mechanics AND RELATED that I know, 95% to 98% are demanding the current position that the I.A.M. leadership is taking. Any "talk" of softening is simply the wishful thinking of the non-Mechanics AND RELATED employees, or outside agitators.

On the other hand, the spirited way that you guys jumped on this faux pax certainly helps prove my point. Thanks!

Thanks, seeking the truth and Hope777. Good luck to you, and everyone else in this mess. I can only imagine how difficult and trying the whole thing is.

AP Tech:

AP Tech: If a yes vote from you gaurenteed your furluogh from mainline, in addition, if Mid Atlantic wasn't an option or even if you decided to seek employment with MA, and if hired started as a new hire of the street and your years with USAIRWAYS and your current position now meant nothing, would you still cast the same vote. Just wondering ???

USA320Pilot comments: Yes. Even if an employee is furloughed, they get severance pay, unemployment, COBRA, pass privileges, recall rights, and for some work groups J4J, if they desire. However, if the airline fails or enters bankruptcy, they will likely only obtain unemployment.

If the company files for bankruptcy, unless there is an agreement with the IAM, expect the company to reject the Charlotte maintenance facility and close it along with Pittsburgh. The airline will then seek to outsource all heavy maintenance and will conduct line maintenance with mechanics who want to work at US Airways, replacement workers, and contractors from companies like Hudson General and Signature Air. These people do quality work, which I have evidenced throughout 30 years in aviation.

The cuts are coming one way or another and without a TA, any group without a S.1113 letter is going to be virtually eliminated. It’s your choice of whether or not you want to work on a LCC type of contract or nothing. It’s clear there are no other options.

Do I like it? “No siree, but it’s reality and there will be ultimatums to all unions in the very near future.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Burghlaw1:

If the company enters bankruptcy, the intent will be to not seek a debtor-in-possession financier. The company is currently preparing S.1113/S.1114 motions and argument to support its desire to have an order to set aside labor contracts and aircraft leases. These two items are some of highest cash drains and the court has a responsibility to the debtor and creditors.

US Airways’ Legal Department and its advisors from Arnold and Porter are currently working on the “judicial restructuringâ€￾ filing, motions, argument, and the POR.

Each individual union should attempt to preserve as much of their current contract as possible, but that is widely expected to only happen with an agreed upon settlement between the parties before the filing. Without an agreement, the relative impact on the CBA’s will be decided for the employees. Many union leaders believe that the decisions regarding the contracts going forward should be made by the rank-and-file with the company and not ones that should be made by the company unilaterally or with the help of a Bankruptcy judge.

It’s up to each union to decide if they want to participate in the new business plan or face the court because unless all unions agree to participate in the new business plan, this airline will likely be in bankruptcy this fall. Moreover, let's not forget David Bronner said this restructuring will go forward "with or without employees".

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Attachments

• A320Cockpit.jpg
    A320Cockpit.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 128
Burghlaw1:

Just one more point...

Your legal opinion is not shared by ALPA's Legal and Financial Advisors. In fact, the MEC is holding a special MEC meeting on Monday, August 9 with the agenda to decide whether or not to release the unions investment banker and financial adviors report to the membership. The report illustatres the risks of entering bankrutpcy without a new agreement and S.1113 letter. It's my understanding the advisors have not painted a pretty picture for labor.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Burghlaw1:

If the company enters bankruptcy, the intent will be to not seek a debtor-in-possession financier. The company is currently preparing S.1113/S.1114 motions and argument to support its desire to have an order to set aside labor contracts and aircraft leases. These two items are some of highest cash drains and the court has a responsibility to the debtor and creditors.
Respectfully,
USA320Pilot
US Airways is the DIP. In the last chapter 11, the unions negotiated with US Airways, not RSA, the DIP financer was RSA.

And blah blah blah.

cavalier said:
You are NOT my friend and in fact I loathe people like you, spineless, pathetic yes men who will let themselves be walked over and used as human trash. This does nothing except reinforce the abusers essentially saying to them, it's ok, you can do anything to me including slaughter and kill my family. You have no honor and therefore can not be considered a man by a man's standards. Don't even call me your "friend“: because your kind is every honorable man's enemy.
:down:
That is the most disgusting post I have ever seen on this Forum!

Mr. Moderater ... remove this person from this Forum!

2B

:angry:

2BorNot2B said:
:down:
That is the most disgusting post I have ever seen on this Forum!

Mr. Moderater ... remove this person from this Forum!

2B

:angry:
Don't like my opinions don't read then...FYI I have already been removed once and have been a good poster since simply handing out my opinions whether they are well received or not, and could not care less.

Well Captain thanks for the honest answer and good luck to all with whatever the final outcome ends up being.

cavalier said:
700: I was advised by a friend of mine who is in the mental health field that what feeds people like USA320Pilot, it's exactly what you are doing. It's like providing him fuel. The best thing to do is simply and totally ignore him, which eliminates his fuel.
Exactly so.

I know the human brain has an 'ignore' sub-routine; my wife is an adept! :lol:

Seriously, that's the real solution.