Mainline Fleet Service Cities

bos; lga; jfk; ewr; pit; phl; ord; clt; rdu; atl; mia; fll; tpa; jax; mco; pbi; dfw; lax; sfo; phx; den; sea; san; msp; these are the ones i can think of right now not sure how accurate it is but i do think its accurate

Scratch JFK, we do NOT have employees there. Add BDL, PVD, PDX, SMF, SJC, BWI, ONT, RNO, SLC, MCI, DCA and CLP.

And we Care Why??? Its only the Hubs,Class ! cities and anyone else the big boys didnt sell out ! Right Robbed, remember ABE???? Dont Blame PHX or LAS for voting the contract in. That was done years age ago with the Class I cities, PIT got what they deserved, they sold everyone out too!

And we Care Why??? Its only the Hubs,Class ! cities and anyone else the big boys didnt sell out ! Right Robbed, remember ABE???? Dont Blame PHX or LAS for voting the contract in. That was done years age ago with the Class I cities, PIT got what they deserved, they sold everyone out too!
It's time to quit pointing fingers and collectively learn from past mistakes. The mistake being... allowing the company, through contract language, the ability to eliminate existing represented work and jobs with outsourcing language. Let's learn from history or we are destined to repeat it! PROTECT THE EXISTING WORK FIRST!

The reason all members should care is twofold. First of all; buying into language the company inserts into any tentative agreement, that affords them the ability to eliminate the jobs and livelihoods of fellow represented members, should be rejected on principal alone. Secondly; the elimination of jobs in outline stations of senior employees results in involuntary transfers into the larger stations. These displacemnts have an adverse effect on junior employees in the larger stations. In the end; all members are adversly affected without better scope language. Some more than others. WE NEED BETTER SCOPE LANGUAGE. WE NEED TO PROTECT THE EXISTING WORK FIRST before we can achieve future gains. Anything short of that is putting the cart before the horse. This is exactly what the company is hoping the IAM NC and their members do.

hope while true but you have to remember places like abe dtw etc were outsourced back in june 2005 at the time us was in ch11 fast fwd to may 2008 and a new crappy contract along with the merger of hp and us it was in 2005 or around that era when bdl and pvd were added to class 1 cities...

josh i am not sure if both bdl or pvd are still fsa for us but i also never heard they were outsourced...

orgac i agree with ya bro we need to learn and move on.. latest thing i heard was that our union is not backin down at all and they are using all the leverage i hope its true and i do think it is but that is what ive heard

MIA, JAX, PBI, TPA, FLL, CLT, RDU, DCA, BWI, EWR, PHL, PIT, LGA, CLP, BDL, PVD, BOS, ORD, MSP, MCI, DEN, ATL, DFW, SLC, RNO, LAS, PDX, SEA, SFO, SJC, SMF, ONT, LAX, SAN, PHX

So now that WE'LL got the 35 IAM/FS Stations figured out. I'm assuming the point is how many will still have Members working in those Stations after 4/1/2014 ? Scope is # 1. Contracts NOW ! Merger LATER !

Lord knows I hope your union prevails in a merger. AA has outsourced all ground personnel from gate agents to mechanics in a number of stations (gate agents are non-union). I know of at least one station where the contracted maintenance guy--who is supposed to be on 24/7 call--simply turns his phone off if he doesn't want to be disturbed by airlines with broken airplanes. He then says that he never received the call. Problem is there is no other qualified aircraft mechanic in that station because ALL the airlines decided to use this joker.

Back