Mainline RJs?

Putting first class on the 190 would be nice, but people don't mind the "long" flights to IAH, DFW, MCI on the 170. Keeping a single class configuration throughout the entire aircraft makes for a desirable seating pitch. Pros and Cons either way
I'm not so sure they "don't mind" so much as they don't have a choice. I can sort of accept a 72-seat aircraft without F/C. Barely. But an EMB-190 is damn near a 737 replacement.

Air Canada flies those birds with 9F/84Y. That's acceptable.

How many Low Cost carriers have First Class?
No idea, since I've flown (out of orf) USAirways 98% of the time for the past 6 years... but, the whole "merger" ad campaign has been that "we will be low cost, serve all markets and still offer amenities". Is that not the mantra anymore? Replacing 737's with jets that have no first is not continuing to "offer amenities").

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm not so sure they "don't mind" so much as they don't have a choice. I can sort of accept a 72-seat aircraft without F/C. Barely. But an EMB-190 is damn near a 737 replacement.

Air Canada flies those birds with 9F/84Y. That's acceptable.
In a few of the papers I've seen, I seem to recall US is looking at a 93 seat configuration, also -- 9/84, just like AC. Interesting.

I think I have read that it will have first. It is kind of hard to argue for first class, when the more profitable airlines don't have it. Of course, the way manangement is acting in negotiations now, it may not make any difference in the not to distant future.

Don't believe what you read. :p

From the press release announcing the EMB-170 and CR7 orders:

The CRJ Series 700 aircraft and the Embraer 170s will offer both First and Coach-Class service. Every seat is either an aisle or window seat. These regional jets also provide comfortable leg space with plenty of overhead and under-the-seat baggage storage room and stand-up headroom. They have a cruising speed of around 500 miles per hour and can cruise at altitudes above 30,000 feet. GE engines will power each of these regional jets.

Guess they changed their minds, or were lying to begin with. :shock:

OK, and HP has been running Mesa CRJ-900s in a one-class configuration. Why should we assume they'll do differently with the EMB-190?

Mesa's flying them around in one class config because HP told us to take the first class seats out....they're still sitting in a hangar in PHX.

US has no plans on getting the E190's, if they did they wouldn't have sold the sim in CLT or the 170's for that matter. They do not need another fleet type. Adding more 319 or 318's would make more sense.

I think the sale of the sims in CLT was just part of the fire keeping this thing burning at the time. Other airlines needed them and we had them. The same of the 170's was done so why keep the sims. I would prefer to see the a-318 but who knows.