Mainline RJs?

ehhh... I don't think thats the reason we won't see the 318. I think the 190 would materialize first for the fact that the company will make sure they are staffed and flown on the cheap.

but if it holds less or the same as say an F-100 what makes the A318 too costly to operate? Doesnt Frontier operate them or someone?

I may be wrong but I think that the A-318's that frontier had on order were converted to A-319's. I don't think they truly cared for them.

They did not get the performance that Airbus promised. Plane is too heavy. The plane was never a great seller.

Jumping in here...

The ERJ-170 simulator in CLT has NOT been, and will NOT be sold. This information came out just before the holidays.

:)

US has no plans on getting the E190's, if they did they wouldn't have sold the sim in CLT or the 170's for that matter. They do not need another fleet type. Adding more 319 or 318's would make more sense.

OK, and HP has been running Mesa CRJ-900s in a one-class configuration. Why should we assume they'll do differently with the EMB-190?

The CRJ 200/700/900 cannot be compared to the EMB 170/175/190/195. Speed, Cruising altitude, Engines, Aircraft height, Bag stowage, seating pitch and comfort just to name a few things.

If I recall correctly (I'm too lazy to dig it out of the BK filings again) the sim was part of the deal with Republic for the airplanes. That deal closed 2-3 months ago. One would think that if the sim was dropped from the "package deal" it would have been public knowledge before now.

Jim

The sim will remain in CLT. CAE (the manufacturer) stopped the deal due to proprietary technology conflicts with Flight Safety (they do the RJET training etc... in their lower quality simulators).

There was a $$ holdback from RJET pending the CLT sim checkout due to several items being speced on the unit, but not actually installed.

The ERJ-170 sim will remain in CLT conducting US Airways and contract training for the time being.

Not to sound like an infamous poster, but my sources are firsthand and I will not reveal them. Take the information or leave it...

Best regards

:D :D :D

Post your source please