Management''s cuts!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Active Engagement Restructuring

Management Changes at a Glance

Complete details on these components and information on other changes will be published as they become available.

PAY - Individual management base salaries will be reduced between 4 percent and 15 percent, using a graduated scale with incremental reductions based on your annual salary. The scale for level 1-8 employees is as follows:

Salary reduction steps Percent decrease
First $30,000 and under 4%
Next $30,001 - $60,000 7%
Next $60,001 - $90,000 10%
Amount from $90,001 and over 13.5%

For officers, the scale extends up to a 17% reduction. Chairman Don Carty's reduction is 33%.

Officer pay cuts are effective April 1, 2003, all other management reductions are effective May 1, 2003.

PRODUCTIVITY & STAFFING - Implement an immediate 5 percent reduction in management positions. Pay severance in monthly installments rather than a lump sum. Reduce layoff notification from 30 days to 14 days.

VACATION - Cap maximum vacation accrual at 6 weeks (30 days).

HOLIDAYS & HOLIDAY PAY - Retain 10 paid holidays per year. Discontinue holiday pay for management and offer comp time whenever possible, based on operational requirements.

SICK TIME - Reduce accrual to 5 days per year, maintaining current 150-day accrual cap. Continue paying sick time at 100% of salary.

MEDICAL & DENTAL PLANS - Increase monthly contributions to approximately 15 percent of medical plan costs. Maintain current levels of coverage and plan design. Costs will vary depending on the plan selected and the number of dependents covered. No changes to the Dental Plan.

PENSION - No changes.

RETIREE MEDICAL - Discontinue prefunding and refund contributions. Establish two retiree medical plans, a Pre-65 plan and a 65 and over plan. Retirees pay a monthly contribution for coverage based on a percentage of average retiree medical plan costs.

Other Articles

Active Engagement Restructuring Changes (4/1/2003)

Active Engagement Restructuring (4/1/2003)

Working Together (4/1/2003)

Active Engagement Restructuring (4/2/2003)

Executive Compensation (4/1/2003)

(More...)

755 / 3461 / 2634

EXAMPLE FOR A MANAGEMENT PERSON MAKING $70,000.00 PER YEAR:

FIRST $30,000.00 X 4% = $1,200.00
NEXT $30,000.00 X 7% = $2,100.00
NEXT $10,000.00 X 10% = $1,000.00
------------------------------------
$4,300.00 PAYCUT FOR A MANAGEMENT EARNING $70,000.

THIS IS ROUGHLY A 6% PAYCUT FOR A SUPERVISOR MAKING $70,000.00 AS OPPOSED TO THE REST OF THE MECHANICS 17.5% CUT!

While browsing thru the UA Restructuring Agreement I found the following paragraph on page five, entitled "Fairness in Labor Cost Reductions". Though it is a provision for the protection of UA pilots it merits consideration for all employee groups at AA, especially management, should AMR proceed into bankruptcy. This provision levels the playing field in terms of each group''s bankruptcy contribution percentage, unlike the current AMR TA''s where unionized employees have been asked to bear the brunt of contributions. Capitals are mine for emphasis:

"If other employee groups do not meet the Company''s targets for labor cost savings to the same extent as ALPA, then changes...to this Restructuring Agreement will be adjusted to the extent necessary to reduce the pilot''s contribution to the SAME PERCENTAGE of commitment as the average percentage of commitment of the other employee groups, INCLUDING SALARIED AND MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES."

at a minimum of 3% a year not including cost of living increase and a 7 percent cut i am taking that totals 15%. And i do not get double time and 1/2 on holidays that you get hopeful. I do not get time and 1/2 for overtime like you do. All i get is straight time so take your bitching and crying somewhere else

Hopeful - You think you are getting screwed? Would you go for the same deal? Before answering yes, you will have to adjust your pay to 3 years ago and then take that management percentage on top of it.

Management has not had a raise in 3 years - have you?