Marketing Surprised @ Glasgow Success

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Summer air link to US set for return

ALASTAIR JAMIESON

SCOTLAND’s new summer air link to Philadelphia from Glasgow looks certain to return next year after the airline declared bookings from business travellers, as well as tourists, a success.

US Airways said it was "surprised" by the amount of lucrative business-class traffic from pharmaceutical companies it has attracted on its daily service, which is due to end in October.

Article

Jim

so here is a novel idea...

KEEP THE SERVICE YEAR ROUND!

Or better yet, pull the plug at the end of the summer and give all the business over to CO. Who the hell wants to clear customs in Manchester and connect onto BMI?

At least this press is better than the golfer's story about how envoy sucked to GLA.

Hey, I've done it like 3 or 4 times, and the boys and girls at BA/AA will now be getting my dollar all winter.

That said, I've seen pretty consistant loads, even midweek.

BoeingBoy said:
Summer air link to US set for return

ALASTAIR JAMIESON

SCOTLAND’s new summer air link to Philadelphia from Glasgow looks certain to return next year after the airline declared bookings from business travellers, as well as tourists, a success.

US Airways said it was "surprised" by the amount of lucrative business-class traffic from pharmaceutical companies it has attracted on its daily service, which is due to end in October.

Article

Jim
usair is surprised at this because all they know is how to give away cities! i'd say we should keep the glasgow service year round and i'd bet it would do great!

According to information published in a widely-read daily aviation news source, U made an operating profit of about $2,000,000 in the FIRST quarter of 2004. (Net income was a loss of about $3mil) for 'atlantic' operations. It's results were third best behind CO and AA.

Attachments

• 757_200ER.gif
    757_200ER.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts