Mask mandates

katboeab77

Jan 1, 2022
Hello all,
I am new using this site and wanted to get some insight regarding future flying. My wife and 2 kids have a very hard time wearing masks and I know it's definitely going to be an issue. That's why I am waiting for masks to become optional on planes. So my question is, and I knows that nobody has a crystal ball, when will the mask mandates be lifted for air travel/mask optional policy??
Thank you

Hopefully airlines will realize that wearing masks is to prevent someone from GIVING Covid to someone else. The ones who stand to suffer the most are the unvaccinated. Given that, they should add "travel at your own risk" in the terms and conditions of the ticket and let everybody go maskless. If some idiot isn't vaccinated and contracts covid, well...it's not like there wasn't something that could have helped them that was available. They chose that they didn't want to get a vaccine, and that means that they understand that if they get covid, they are okay with whatever outcome they might face. But it's not our place to protect them any more.

Reactions: katboeab77
Hopefully airlines will realize that wearing masks is to prevent someone from GIVING Covid to someone else. The ones who stand to suffer the most are the unvaccinated. Given that, they should add "travel at your own risk" in the terms and conditions of the ticket and let everybody go maskless. If some idiot isn't vaccinated and contracts covid, well...it's not like there wasn't something that could have helped them that was available. They chose that they didn't want to get a vaccine, and that means that they understand that if they get covid, they are okay with whatever outcome they might face. But it's not our place to protect them any more.
I agree with you 100 percent. I believe that there are enough resources/treatments available that having mask mandates are not necessary. It seems that they are starting to think along those terms and realizing that these mandates are only stressing people out more. Also these mask mandates are not allowing people and families to travel because there are people that really can't tolerate the mask.

Sent to me by a fellow employee.

The courts decide the legality of the mandates based on current law. The CDC has to prove that the mandate is effective against Covid-19. The CDC has yet to prove this. No testing has been shown the effectiveness of masks. The testing that has been done show that masks have no affect reducing or stopping Covid-19. The rule of law was already established on this. Now the CDC has to make a stronger case but still needs to over ride the rule of law. Basically the mandate is unconstitutional. Lets see how the corruption in the court system operates. It's also possible that the DOJ will drop this entirely.