Maybe Aa Management Won't Be So Bad After All.....

jsn25911

Senior
Dec 20, 2003
When I get back to work, I know I will not have the "hate" from management that I have experienced from "SOME" of the emails and postings that have come my way. I am amazed that you would rather focus on things that will be settled in court rather then how to improve your working environment. If AA would ever follow the same path that other major carriers have followed - You may find yourself in the same situation as the TWA f/a's. The hatred from the AA group may come back to haunt you.

Okay, I said I wouldn't argue the issue of AA having TWA file for bankruptcy - but I am.....Don't give me this "you were a failing carrier" - you omit the fact that AA arranged that bankruptcy. I understand there was a turn-around-plan in place had AA had not put us in "bankruptcy". We would have survived - and that is what AA was afraid of!

As far as Blah, Blah, Blah, get over it.......when I get back to work - I will not be that hateful to say those words back to you.

The above message is meant for those that have sent me hateful emails.

jsn25911 said:
When I get back to work, I know I will not have the "hate" from management that I have experienced from "SOME" of the emails and postings that have come my way. I am amazed that you would rather focus on things that will be settled in court rather then how to improve your working environment. If AA would ever follow the same path that other major carriers have followed - You may find yourself in the same situation as the TWA f/a's. The hatred from the AA group may come back to haunt you.

Okay, I said I wouldn't argue the issue of AA having TWA file for bankruptcy - but I am.....Don't give me this "you were a failing carrier" - you omit the fact that AA arranged that bankruptcy. I understand there was a turn-around-plan in place had AA had not put us in "bankruptcy". We would have survived - and that is what AA was afraid of!

As far as Blah, Blah, Blah, get over it.......when I get back to work - I will not be that hateful to say those words back to you.

It's obvious you're a junior flight attendant. For those of us who have been here for many years have had to put up with all of AMR's politics and BS! They have never got along with employee groups on the property. AA/AMR has the worst relationship with its employee groups, more then any other airline. This has been going on even before Crandal was on the property. The Canadian (Carty) who was forced out a few months back has permanently ruined the relationship and trust between AMR and the employees.

This isn't about the AA/TWA employees. I have many friends who flew for TWA and I have met many others during my career. All of them are very nice and professional. Yes, all airlines have their share of a-holes, but that's reality. This is about how AMR management is only out for one thing...MONEY, in their pockets. Just remember the comment Arpey recently made about asking for more concessions from the employee groups. Do you see him volunteering any more of his cash?

It will be a great day at AA when all of the employees are back from furlough and we can put the AA/TWA BS behind us!

LiveInAHotel said:
jsn25911 said:

Okay, I said I wouldn't argue the issue of AA having TWA file for bankruptcy - but I am.....Don't give me this "you were a failing carrier" - you omit the fact that AA arranged that bankruptcy. I understand there was a turn-around-plan in place had AA had not put us in "bankruptcy".  We would have survived - and that is what AA was afraid of!

It's obvious you're a junior flight attendant. For those of us who have been here for many years have had to put up with all of AMR's politics and BS! They have never got along with employee groups on the property. AA/AMR has the worst relationship with its employee groups, more then any other airline. This has been going on even before Crandal was on the property. The Canadian (Carty) who was forced out a few months back has permanently ruined the relationship and trust between AMR and the employees.

This isn't about the AA/TWA employees. I have many friends who flew for TWA and I have met many others during my career. All of them are very nice and professional. Yes, all airlines have their share of a-holes, but that's reality. This is about how AMR management is only out for one thing...MONEY, in their pockets. Just remember the comment Arpey recently made about asking for more concessions from the employee groups. Do you see him volunteering any more of his cash?

It will be a great day at AA when all of the employees are back from furlough and we can put the AA/TWA BS behind us!
I remember all the horrible stories about Crandall. I remember thinking that I was glad not to work for AA at that time. I didn't realize it was just as bad now!

I am hoping that we can ban together as one work force and claim back the horrible t/a that was given away. We can't do that divided.

I am glad you have TWA friends and know the great group of people that we are.

Thank you!

LiveInAHotel said:
jsn25911 said:

Okay, I said I wouldn't argue the issue of AA having TWA file for bankruptcy - but I am.....Don't give me this "you were a failing carrier" - you omit the fact that AA arranged that bankruptcy. I understand there was a turn-around-plan in place had AA had not put us in "bankruptcy".  We would have survived - and that is what AA was afraid of!

the only problem is, if and when all AA/TW come back from layoffs.....
Well there is that "seniority thing" to keep everyone fighting.
I know, I know.. its better than all the layoffs. I hope they all come back

LiveInAHotel said:
jsn25911 said:

Hotel;
I agree with you, but as much as we "hated Crandall, it was IMHO, an "love/hate" relationship.
NOW it's a "HATE/HATE" relationship, that WILL NEVER be able to be repaired, "EVER" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

jsn25911 said:
LiveInAHotel said:
jsn25911 said:

I remember all the horrible stories about Crandall. I remember thinking that I was glad not to work for AA at that time. I didn't realize it was just as bad now!

I am hoping that we can ban together as one work force and claim back the horrible t/a that was given away. We can't do that divided.

I am glad you have TWA friends and know the great group of people that we are.

Thank you!
Bob Crandall was not a nice person, but he was "our not nice person". As to being greedy for money all I can say that in that department he sure was not all that great. I'd like to split 1 to 5 what he ended up with, but industry wide and Wall Street wide he was underpaid, or everyone else vastly overpaid.

Besides I got to respect a man that shows enough courage to sail his own boat across the Atlantic.

Crandall's main failing was that he staid too long, burned out, you could tell from the last president's conferences; and he was a lousy judge when picking his successor.

jsn25911 said:
This is a phony theory that floats around this board. You just can't "Arrange" a Bankrupcy. People get caught up in the "Declare" part of BK and think anyone at anytime can just jettison its obligations with a "Declaration". You CANNOT! You must actually BE Bankrupt. You must go into Federal Court and PROVE that you are Bankrupt. TWA easily met the critiera!

AAmech said:
jsn25911 said:
This is a phony theory that floats around this board. You just can't "Arrange" a Bankrupcy. People get caught up in the "Declare" part of BK and think anyone at anytime can just jettison its obligations with a "Declaration". You CANNOT! You must actually BE Bankrupt. You must go into Federal Court and PROVE that you are Bankrupt. TWA easily met the critiera!
You are ones that keep throwing around TWA being a "bankrupt carrier". There are turn-around-plans that are available before bankruptcy. However AA WANTED TWA TO TAKE the BANKRUPTCY ROUTE!