Jeez Father, what about my response to him? I thought I did OK too

----------------​

Bob,

Your right, drinks for you as well

16.gif

----------------
On 3/31/2003 4:59:33 PM US Airways, Inc wrote:

----------------​

This diatribe is extremely unprofessional, inappropriate, and sadly, extremely enlightening. As a passenger I am lead to wonder if, when deemed necessary to make a pharisaical point, indeed my name will be plastered on a message board by an officer of US Airways in a questionable effort to "out", embarrass and humiliate employees? Fortunately, a sensible moderator deleted what might have been considered highly litigious statements.

Unfortunately, the passenger's name (which until your post)was never mentioned, is now out there for public consumption.

In an effort to exemplify the irony, I'll quote your first sentence: "The destructive nature of untrue posts like the one that appears in this thread are quite disappointing to say the least".

The use of self-righteous indignation is an interesting management technique and a unique marketing tool. It most certainly encourages all existing and potential customers to rush right out and use US Airways for all of their travel needs.
7.gif

Great post PITbull, everyone seems to forget this company was saved from extinction from the blood, sweat and tears of the employees, not management. Management was merely the facilitator in the process.

This was the start:

Colodny’s Blunders:

· Mirror Image, imposing US Air’s business methods upon Piedmont and PSA, instead of looking at each respective airline and adapting their successful practices. Some examples would be dismantling of the Piedmont Shuttle which accounted for 32% of Piedmont’s Gross Revenue.

· Not furthering International Service and canceling the last three 767s on order from Boeing, then realizing how much money was made serving international destinations and paying Boeing a $30 million penalty to reorder the three planes.

Schofield’s Blunders:

· Business select, $50 million on wasted seats that never worked properly and we eventually removed from the 737-200 fleet. Operation Highground.

· The IAM Mechanic and Related Strike of 1992 in which US Air lost $35 million and agreeing to pay all the pilots during our strike regardless if they flew or not.

· The hiring of Joe Gorman from United Airlines. Gorman stayed a few months then went right back to United, then United started taking us on head to head in numerous markets where we did not compete before Gorman’s tenure.

· The alliance with British Airways to infuse quick cash, but not on favorable terms to US Air, BA got more out of the alliance then we did.

Wolf and Gangwal:

· Canceling all the Boeing orders and having to pay a substantial penalty to Boeing to this day the dollar amount is not known as it was a confidential out of court settlement after Boeing sued US Airways, but it is believed to be hundreds of millions of dollars.

· Closing of three maintenance bases and trying to accomplish all the work in just three bases, which caused a backlog of airplanes awaiting “Q†and “C†checks and Mod visits. At one point you could see numerous airplanes parked in Charlotte, Pittsburgh and Tampa awaiting maintenance.

· Buying back over $1.5 billon of US Airways stock instead of using the money as operating capital or paying down debt or just having it around for a downturn.

· Selling the company to United Airlines and then for the next 14 months having no direction and running the company into the ground.

· Overreacting to the September 11th tragedy and shrinking the airline by 23% and increasing costs by putting larger airplanes on shorter routes.

I can honestly say this is the most childish, stupid thread that has carried on this board. Im beginning to understand why chip doesnt post here anymore. It has become more of a he said she said u hurt my feelings all out war thread. PLEASE talk about something intelligent . This is so stupid when our men and women are over in Iraq DYING PEOPLE to fight for the very type freedom that some people abuse.....

The bottom line....As a flight attendant for 17 years, I can honestly say to all of our customers, employees, and management...US Airways has never, is not now, and will never bring an airplane back to the gate to let a late passenger onboard. They have been known to bring the jetway back to the plane, but never the entire airplane back to the gate

The bottom line part II...This is NOT a customer service issue or problem. It is the responibility of the customer, whether revenue, non-revenue, or elitist upper management to get your butt to the gate on time. I don''t give a crap how many children you have. Get an earlier start. How dare this person pull this mess.

Bottom line III....If this person is an employee, they should be fired for their elitist unprofessional behavior.
If this person is a paying customer and this is a true story, they should be banned from the airline and told to take their biz elsewhere. These kind of customers give the thousands of dedicated customers of U a bad name.

Finally,
I think it is safe to say that if U doesn''t hold the airplane for President Clinton (whom I''ve had on many times and almost missed a few), then what the hell makes ANYONE think they should have that kind of power?!!

To that person and the management mouth that wrote here....SHAME...SHAME...SHAME....SHAME!!!!!!!

The purpose of these Boards, IMO, is to give the public, employees, and mangement an opportunity for expression of thoughts and ideas. Often times, their is unrest and discontent which fosters healthy debate. Nothing wrong with that.

My message for management::

The purpose of these negative posts against management is not to be negative for the mere sake of negativism. That's a waste of ones energy. But rather should be perceived as constructive criticism in order to possibly elicit change.

SpinDoc wrote:

The bottom line is this, front line customer service and reservations personnel can''t be trusted with waivers because the exposure is too large.

And people wonder why the employees are disgusted!

----------------
On 4/1/2003 7:01:10 PM flyonthewall wrote:

I agree 100%, now that we are out of BK, it is time to use these boards for constructive purposes. Its doesn't benefit anyone to continue to bash each other and/or unions.

----------------​
Hey fly....where have you been? Long time no see on the wall...

Hope you were able to digest everything written here in a constructive manner, no pun intended.

SpinDoc sez:

Less than 1% of the people who travel on US Airways contact Consumer Affairs. Out of this number, less than 10% receive waivers, exceptions, or compensation. Sometimes is it better to offer a waiver to a loyal Dividend Miles member, large corporate or agency account, or a customer who has a documented reason for being unable to travel, rather than sending them away feeling cheated by the company. The CSD is famous for refusing to bend a little for the customer and Consumer Affairs often talks to the customer right after they are dissed by the CSD. Happy customers will spend more money with our company than unhappy ones. It is within the authority of Consumer Affairs Representatives to resolve a customer complaint with a waiver or exception and we track each complaint that comes into the office. Repeat airline welfare recipients are few and far between because we can see how many times a customer has contacted Consumer Affairs in the past. The bottom line is this, front line customer service and reservations personnel can''t be trusted with waivers because the exposure is too large. By directing the customer to Consumer Affairs, the exposure can be more carefully managed.

Dea, AKA "Deceased Equine Abuser" asks:

By CSD, do you mean the Cabin Service Director?

Also, can you please forward the part about happy customers spending more money on us than unhappy ones to Mr Baldanza?

I agree,from Dave on down the line we haved pulled out of this bankruptcy mess and let''s hope we all stick together and start getting back to making money. Thank you Customer for the continue support of flying with us. As far as the unstable Customer, whom likes to claim they are a VP, put their name out here, so everyone can find out about them. Do you think this person would enjoy someone making phones calls, claiming it is them.. Everyone has a right to know this persons name as much as he has a right to be able to find information about someone else and claim it is them.....

----------------
On 3/31/2003 2:06:58 AM USAirUnited wrote:

I see this kind of stuff everyday on the counter, I was under the assumption that waivers were discontinued. However, I have been seeing more and more records with waivers codes on them from our "Consumer Affairs" dept. Just this week I have seen.
Expired tickets honored.
Outbound date changes with no change fee or add collect.
Name Changes.
and the list goes on......

----------------​

Less than 1% of the people who travel on US Airways contact Consumer Affairs. Out of this number, less than 10% receive waivers, exceptions, or compensation. Sometimes is it better to offer a waiver to a loyal Dividend Miles member, large corporate or agency account, or a customer who has a documented reason for being unable to travel, rather than sending them away feeling cheated by the company. The CSD is famous for refusing to bend a little for the customer and Consumer Affairs often talks to the customer right after they are dissed by the CSD. Happy customers will spend more money with our company than unhappy ones. It is within the authority of Consumer Affairs Representatives to resolve a customer complaint with a waiver or exception and we track each complaint that comes into the office. Repeat airline welfare recipients are few and far between because we can see how many times a customer has contacted Consumer Affairs in the past. The bottom line is this, front line customer service and reservations personnel can''t be trusted with waivers because the exposure is too large. By directing the customer to Consumer Affairs, the exposure can be more carefully managed.

----------------
On 4/1/2003 7:37:55 PM SpinDoc wrote:
The bottom line is this, front line customer service and reservations personnel can''t be trusted with waivers because the exposure is too large. By directing the customer to Consumer Affairs, the exposure can be more carefully managed.
----------------​

I once was a party to the lack of empowerment on the part of the front line troops (Eg, the "here is a printout with consumer affairs'' number and addy) resulting in refunding 5x$2000+ Envoy tickets and a short walk down to the British Airways counter in PHL.

But hey, it was important to manage the expectation and exposure of what would have probably been less than $500 worth of consideration. Instead, ten _thousand_ dollars walked away.

But the exposure was limited.

Latest posts