McDonald's Could Double Wages For Employees

Union activists want to raise the minimum wage in the fast-food industry to $15 an hour. However, fast-food restaurants operate on very small profit margins; they could only afford such wages by raising prices—significantly. Higher prices would, in turn, drive customers away, forcing even larger price increases to cover costs. Ultimately, the average fast-food restaurant would have to raise prices by nearly two-fifths. This would cause sales to drop by more than one-third, and profits to fall by more than three-quarters. Absent the widespread adoption of labor-saving technology, the union-led “Fight for 15” would make fast food much more expensive for Americans.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/09/higher-fast-food-wages-higher-fast-food-prices

It's all 'relative'.

I was in  'Mickey D's' the other day for the usual burger, lg fries and a small shake, plunked down 10 'scheckles' and got a mere few coins back  !

Was not so long ago, that in the same scenario, a 5 'spot' got me a few coins back.

First,
The $15.00.

Then,
The   U N I O N.

Thank God, 'cause 'I LIVE for this SHIIT'  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

' F '  the GOP !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
It's all 'relative'.

I was in  'Mickey D's' the other day for the usual burger, lg fries and a small shake, plunked down 10 'scheckles' and got a mere few coins back  !

Was not so long ago, that in the same scenario, a 5 'spot' got me a few coins back.

First,
The $15.00.

Then,
The   U N I O N.

Thank God, 'cause 'I LIVE for this SHIIT'  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

' F '  the GOP !

Then the union takes five.

Reactions: 1 person

Forbes
While attending an event at a SeaTac hotel last week, I met two women who receive the $15/hour minimum wage. SeaTac has implemented the new law on Jan. 1. I met the women while they were working. One was a waitress and the other was cleaning the hallway.
“Are you happy with the $15 wage?” I asked the full-time cleaning lady.
“It sounds good, but it’s not good,” the woman said.
“Why?” I asked.
“I lost my 401k, health insurance, paid holiday, and vacation,” she responded. “No more free food,” she added.
The hotel used to feed her. Now, she has to bring her own food. Also, no overtime, she said. She used to work extra hours and received overtime pay.
What else? I asked.
“I have to pay for parking,” she said.
I then asked the part-time waitress, who was part of the catering staff.
“Yes, I’ve got $15 an hour, but all my tips are now much less,” she said. Before the new wage law was implemented, her hourly wage was $7. But her tips added to more than $15 an hour. Yes, she used to receive free food and parking. Now, she has to bring her own food and pay for parking. http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/06/03/we-can-predict-the-effects-of-seattles-15-an-hour-minimum-wage/

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
It's all 'relative'.

First,
The $15.00.

Then,
The   U N I O N.

' F '  the GOP !
I thought you lived to stuff your face with UNION provided lunches while you abuse your employers customers who supplement your over inflated income through misappropriated taxes.

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/57420-twu-fear-based-union-leadership-and-intimidation/

And, who can forget this gem?

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/57053-thank-god-almightyim-a-union-man/

Today was (how shall I say) an interesting day at Amtrak, at Union Station in CHI, at my new position as a UNION ticket clerk.

It was like virtually every other day at 2pm with long lines.   Ahhh, but today was special. Today was Election day for the Top Dogs in the IAM.  (We're  TCU-IAM)  Our manager was in her usual position directing 'traffic' towards our positions BEFORE the last passenger BARELY vacated our individual positions.  (Amtrak is very strict about our 30 min. lunches.) (Thirty minutes means 30 mins, not 30.5 minutes)  The local president reminded us PM shift crew, to VOTE before the 6pm deadline, AND that we DO NOT have to use lunch time to vote.
Soooooo, a few of us, Locked up our Cash drawers, removed our keys, left the loooong passenger line standing, and stood in the looong line waiting to vote. (Ate a plate of food the UNION brought in, while standing in line)..........  NOT a peep was heard from our CS Manager, who mysteriously DISSAPEARED, wearing a Looooong Puss !

"MY", I said to myself. She Never said a F'n word about us 'Walking Off' in the middle of a very busy time. ????

(Maybe it was because of that Lovely young Spanish Girl from the DEPARTMENT of LABOR, who was OBSERVING all facets of the Election)

Ahhh.  The aroma of UNIONISM, in the early Afternoon. It sure can't be beat ! 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I thought you lived to stuff your face with UNION provided lunches while you abuse your employers customers who supplement your over inflated income through misappropriated taxes.
Next time you eat your UNION lunch, I hope you choke on it.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I am angry with stupid liberals that keep our country in a spiraling decline with their self serving, selfish, political agendas.

OH! Of course Republican's don't have any self serving agendas  now do they? Really? Believe that and you need your meds adjusted

Reactions: 1 person
SparrowHawk said:
OH! Of course Republican's don't have any self serving agendas  now do they? Really? Believe that and you need your meds adjusted
Last I checked it was the liberal anointed one that was making an agenda of violating the Constitution.

Your turn.

Reactions: 2 people
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Next time you eat your UNION lunch, I hope you choke on it.