McDonald's Could Double Wages For Employees

OH. Now I get it. I thought Signals was the only idiot pursuing that argument. Carry on if that's what floats your boat.
shirtysmiley.gif
shirtysmiley.gif

free-sexy-smileys-944.gif

I did

The article I referred to was an eralier headline splash that claimed welfare paid recepients $168 per day, when actually that was the total cost of the government providing those benefits/recepient/day.

The CATO study does through its methodology outline a possibility of its clainm being true, but is all based on the assumption that welfare recepients fit neatly into their model, without a single bit of data or reference to any thing thatmis actuallymhappening to anyone or what any one in the real world is actually receiving.

So yes, it is possible that welfare may pay that much, but they provide nomevidence that it is happening.

The lie is in the way that this complex exercise in modeling and supposition gets used, turned into a bumper sticker sized sound byte that, again, takes a nugget of truth and expands it into an ideological rallying point.

Yeah, it is a complex, expensive issue and most folks don't mind helping those whomtruly need it, and totally reasonably don't want to pay for waste and or abuse.

That does not dit on a bumper sticker, or in a 2 minute spot by one of the ranting heads.
Tree/Garfield/IFly2, and apparently to complex for that little brain of yours to figure out. Everything you questioned is explained, in detail, in the article. Try reading it before running your trap!

The cato study was not about any.thing thatnis actually happening, to any.one, any.where.

It was a study of what could theoretically happen, if the conditions and suppositions in their model all came together.

It was also obviously designed not to illustrate reality, or even to explore and attempt to explain the issue, but rather to make a point. To explain a conclusion that was already determined before they began writing their "study"

IOW, a piece of political propoganda.

Some of which, I admit, might be true, sometimes, if reality happens to accidentally line up with their "methodology"

Supplies ammo for those with an agenda.

Does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

So... GOP ish...

The cato study was not about any.thing thatnis actually happening, to any.one, any.where.

It was a study of what could theoretically happen, if the conditions and suppositions in their model all came together.

It was also obviously designed not to illustrate reality, or even to explore and attempt to explain the issue, but rather to make a point. To explain a conclusion that was already determined before they began writing their "study"

IOW, a piece of political propoganda.

Some of which, I admit, might be true, sometimes, if reality happens to accidentally line up with their "methodology"

Supplies ammo for those with an agenda.

Does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

So... GOP ish...
Tree/Garfield/IFly2, When you can't defend the indefensible, attack the institute. How Obama ish . . .

Is that similar to attacking any publication that does not fit your point of view?

Like the MSM drumbeat?

I agree with you Knotbuyinit.

None should attack the source of the information. Maybe we can dissect the way that facts are presented or displayed. But factual information is just that.

Is that similar to attacking any publication that does not fit your point of view?

Like the MSM drumbeat?

I agree with you Knotbuyinit.

None should attack the source of the information. Maybe we can dissect the way that facts are presented or displayed. But factual information is just that.

Dude, that's all YOU.

Did anyone notice that real wages have stopped rising while inflation continues since 1971?

1971 was the year Nixon took us completely off the Gold Standard with a statement :"Well I guess we are all Keynesian's now"

And how has that worked out for the middle class?

Tree/Garfield/IFly2, When you can't defend the indefensible, attack the institute. How Obama ish . . .

I was Garfield. Never denied that. I changed alias due to a work related issue. To try and accuse me of being Fly is not really GOP ish or Obama ish so much as it is stupid ish.

Well the SHITE is 'HITTING-the-Proverbial-FAN' in a lot of places today, as fast food employees are 'hitting the bricks' in demand for decent wages !!

Good for them !!

(southwind,.......you didn't buy a Big Mac today @ 'Mickey D's' I hope ) ??

Well the SHITE is 'HITTING-the-Proverbial-FAN' in a lot of places today, as fast food employees are 'hitting the bricks' in demand for decent wages !!

Good for them !!

(southwind,.......you didn't buy a Big Mac today @ 'Mickey D's' I hope ) ??

Don't eat at McD's and damn sure wouldn't pay $7.95 for a Big Mac ! Good luck with all that union bullsh!t.............Twinkie anyone?

Oh, had a discussion awhile back , with a true Demorat about fast food wages.
Not sure what view of a life time career people expect at a fast food joint but, I've always looked at those jobs as low skill, "ENTRY" level jobs, filled by high school or college students...........not someone trying to raise a family of 8 !
Again, maybe some of you think a Big Mac is worth 8 bucks.......have at it !

For whatever reason, and if they are working a min wage job or more likely two of them it is not laziness, some people don't ever get beyond your idea of an entry level job.

It's not all kids makin gas $$, or whatever

Some folks work basic labor jobs just to survive

Others abuse the system of entitlements

(No, it is not all dems/libs/obamabots/etc. doing the latter. Plenty of gun totin rugged individualist tea party repug voting users workingnthe system too...)

And, no, not everyone receiving govt $$ is abusing the system.

Which would you rather help?

For whatever reason, and if they are working a min wage job or more likely two of them it is not laziness, some people don't ever get beyond your idea of an entry level job.

It's not all kids makin gas $$, or whatever

Some folks work basic labor jobs just to survive

Others abuse the system of entitlements

(No, it is not all dems/libs/obamabots/etc. doing the latter. Plenty of gun totin rugged individualist tea party repug voting users workingnthe system too...)

And, no, not everyone receiving govt $$ is abusing the system.

Which would you rather help?

And just who's fault is it, that some people don't get beyond an entry level job ?
Let me guess.....everyone's fault, except their own !

Back