Mda Pilot Class & Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
No differant then your posts, you have not provided one fact, all you post is "I heard", nothing more then just a rumor monger.
[post="309826"][/post]​
Let's see, is this:
1. Adding to the topic at hand....No
2. Attacking the poster............Yes
3. Providing valued debate........No

Isn't it you that always criticizes others about this very type of respnse? Why don't you run to the moderators about this one? Huh, Hm?

Contrary to the past speculations of many industry “analysts†and a certain poster on this board, UAL is now positioned to exit bankruptcy protection with $3 Billion in financing from the biggest financial institutions in the world.

Let’s answer some questions that have been raised in this thread, and put to rest some rumors using reliable sources of information and some good old common sense.

Let’s start with today’s article from The Wall Street Journal’s Susan Carey.

“The competition among four financial institutions resulted in a larger (than $2.5 billion) loan package on very competitive terms…â€

Why did United choose an all-debt package rather than private equity?
According to UAL Chief Financial Officer Jake Brace, “Equity capital has the effect of diluting the recoveries for both our creditors and employees, who typically end up owning equity in the reorganized company…â€

Additionally, equity investors historically have too much control over your destiny. Much to the disappointment of some, UA’s future remains in the control of current management, which is clearly not interested in divesting assets to others except possibly in the most extreme circumstances, as evidenced by Glen Tilton shunning Bronner and his dreams of acquiring UAL in his much talked about but never realized “Project Minnow.â€

How will UA service this new debt over time?
“Despite high fuel prices, UAL expects to be profitable in each of the next five years…â€

UA has managed substantial operating profits and an increasing cash position.

According to the vice chairman of J.P. Morgan Chase, “when the airline steps out of court protection, it will have very attractive leverage levels.†“Securing the facility will be more than enough collateral. As for the interest rate, this is a very competitive rate in this industry… some recent airline financings have carried much higher rates.â€

How much DIP money Does UA owe?
UA “currently owes $1.3 billion… After paying that (and other) obligations… UAL expects to have more than $3 billion in unrestricted cash.â€

Now on to the idea of UA “shopping†assets such as Ted and the Pacific.

“Over the summer, Chicago-based United studied the possibility of augmenting the debt financing with a rights offering or a minority private-equity investment. Those money-raising ideas appear to be off the table for now.â€

Common sense dictates that you must explore every conceivable scenario when the stakes are this high. In order to line up potential equity, the current market value of certain assets must be ascertained. This is often done by having “discussions†with potential suitors about what certain assets would be worth to them, IF they were for sale. This could easily have been the source of rampant rumors and wildly exaggerated speculations proliferated by those who would personally benefit from such a transaction.
---------------------------------------------------------

To USA320pilot, will you please answer the following questions?

1. Who first reported that UA would submit a POR and receive an all-debt financing package from the biggest financial institutions in the world, even before it was made public?

2. Who first said that UA, and specifically Glen Tilton who spoke with me on my jumpseat, was not interested in equity investors, even before it was made public that he had no interest in “Project Minnow�?

3. Who first said that Ted and the Pacific was not actually for sale and that any of these and other money-raising ideas were off the table for now, even before it was reported today in The Wall Street Journal???

4. How could this be if I am one of those described by you as “misinformed†and “inaccurate�???

5. Why do you waste so much time and emotion, posting twice as much as anyone else on these boards defending your claims if you are so certain that you are right and everyone else is misinformed and inaccurate?

To use your favorite tag line (poor syntax and all), when would now be a good time to admit that your sources are not infallible, and other people closer to UA’s internal business may know more than you about the new US Airways business partner’s affairs.

Peace…

767jetz

TheLarkAscending said:
Excellent post, 767jetz! Thank you!!! :up: :up: :up:
[post="309922"][/post]​

LarkAscending,

Do you think there's actually a chance he will answer the above questions?

;)

767jetz

This is an interesting analysis, which could be germane to United being forced to sell assets:

See Story

Again, will a fragmentation of United occur? I do not know. Are sources close, but outside, of the company indicating that United is in discussions (again) on a Corporate Transaction (CT)? Yesiree.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

What's really interesting is that if you replace "United" with "US Airways" in that it pretty much fits.....

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
This is an interesting analysis, which could be germane to United being forced to sell assets:

See Story

Again, will a fragmentation of United occur? I do not know. Are sources close, but outside, of the company indicating that United is in discussions (again) on a Corporate Transaction (CT)? Yesiree.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="310958"][/post]​

Ah, you've got to admire his tenacity. He's even willing to quote two complete failures as airline execs and put their "opinion" over that of the actual bankers (you know them, the people who actually HAVE money to loan..... :rolleyes: ) who are underwriting the deal. You are like an old dried up stripper, willing to perform more and more outlandish acts to try to recapture some of the attention you had when you may have actually had a clue. Pathetic and disgusting. :glare: Wait, is that a Donkey?.....

USA320Pilot said:

See Story

[post="310958"][/post]​

Nice try. But that article was already posted here and has been torn apart piece by piece. So I won't bother to waste any more time with it. You are free to read it for yourself.

Now, the real question is why you won't answer the questions posed directly to you? Just incase you missed them I'll be glad to refresh your memory here...

---------------------------------------------------------

To USA320pilot, will you please answer the following questions?

1. Who first reported that UA would submit a POR and receive an all-debt financing package from the biggest financial institutions in the world, even before it was made public?

2. Who first said that UA, and specifically Glen Tilton who spoke with me on my jumpseat, was not interested in equity investors, even before it was made public that he had no interest in “Project Minnowâ€￾??

3. Who first said that Ted and the Pacific was not actually for sale and that any of these and other money-raising ideas were off the table for now, even before it was reported today in The Wall Street Journal???

4. How could this be if I am one of those described by you as “misinformedâ€￾ and “inaccurateâ€￾????

5. Why do you waste so much time and emotion, posting twice as much as anyone else on these boards defending your claims if you are so certain that you are right and everyone else is misinformed and inaccurate?

To use your favorite tag line (poor syntax and all), when would now be a good time to admit that your sources are not infallible, and other people closer to UA’s internal business may know more than you about the new US Airways business partner’s affairs.

Peace…

767jetz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back