Mda Pilot Class & Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
767jetz said:
5. Why do you waste so much time and emotion, posting twice as much as anyone else on these boards defending your claims if you are so certain that you are right and everyone else is misinformed and inaccurate?
767jetz
[post="311201"][/post]​

767jetz, it's a nerd thing. Revenge of the nerd or God only knows what but the time has come to ignore the little weenie. Peace man! :p

EyeInTheSky said:
767jetz, it's a nerd thing.  Revenge of the nerd or God only knows what but the time has come to ignore the little weenie.  Peace man!  :p

Please stop insulting any or all nerds by alligning them in any way with :wacko: .

Thank you! ;)

This does not look like UAL is selling anything, Hey 320, don't let the facts get in your way!

United Airlines to recall 300 pilots in 2006
Wed Oct 12, 2005 05:47 PM ET
WASHINGTON, Oct 12 (Reuters) - United Airlines (UALAQ.OB: Quote, Profile, Research) plans to recall about 300 pilots in 2006 to meet an expected increase in flying as it emerges from bankruptcy protection, the company said on Wednesday.
The No. 2 airline said the number of recalls could go higher once the company accounts for certain contract provisions and those pilots on military leave.

The airline has more than 1,900 pilots on furlough and 6,200 on active service.

The first group of recalled pilots will start work in January. United hopes to exit court protection on Feb. 1. It sought Chapter 11 protection in 2002.

USA320pilot,

We are still waiting for a response to several questions posted directly to you.
You are always so quick to answer when someone disagrees with your claims. But suddenly when you could be proven wrong you become suspiciously quiet about the subject at hand. Are you trying to ignore the subject by claiming you don't read certain post?

Are you avoiding something? Why not answer the questions posted HERE, or at least respond to the logical and valid rebuttal to your initial claims? Why can't you just come out and admit that it is becoming more and more apparent that your sources WRT United Airlines selling Ted and the Pacific operation were wrong and based on inaccurate assumptions? According to you you always admit when you are wrong. Right???? :rolleyes:

767jetz

I've heard there are a total of 20 pilots in the Sept 27th Republic Class. This is 50% of what they expected. This resulted in all future classes being cancelled until the results of the arbitration are known.

I'm not sure where USA320Pilot is getting his info but it appears to be incorrect.

Randy

Here's an interesting report I heard from two different sources today. United has been in discussions to sell the Pacific Division.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

To the fine folks at USAirways:

Please bear with me for a moment while I level a long overdue response to our favorite, missing-in-action, UAL hater.
---------------------------------------------
To USA320pilot:

Since I know you lurk here now and then, I think the time has come to set you and your misinformation, speculation, lies and far-fetched rumors to rest once and for all. Now that UAL is out of bankruptcy, it is safe to say that you have been so far off base, it’s no surprise that you are cowardly hiding from this forum and those who owe you at the very least a heart-felt and in-your-face “I TOLD YOU SO.†Avoiding accountability seems to come naturally for some. I am truly embarrassed for you.

Your above speculation really takes the prize though. I can't even read it without breaking out in hysterical laughter! :lol:

I guess in the end UAL WAS able to articulate a POR, WAS able to obtain exit financing (over $7 BILLION. a stunning number, btw) from reputable lending organizations, did NOT need equity investors, WAS able to keep its route structure intact, did NOT default on any DIP covenants, did NOT sell the Pacific, did NOT sell Ted, did NOT need a merger partner to emerge, did NOT have a problem replacing ACA in Dulles, is STILL the founder and main member of STAR, etc. etc. etc...

Success is the sweetest revenge. You can talk all you want about what could have or would have happened. But in the end your predictions were all wrong. Every last one of them. And you can't argue with the facts. UAL is back, much to your chagrin I’m sure.

I’m sorry it has been such a struggle for you to come to terms with UA beating your predictions at every turn. And I’m sure losing the election in LGA didn’t help either. I hope at the very least you’ve learned your lesson from this, and will think twice before spewing crap like the above post in the future.

Peace to all…

767jetz

It is odd how he disappeated right as it was becoming evident UA was going to come out from BK in better shape than many thought (though, to be sure, there are still tough days ahead for UA).

Some people find it very diffcult to deal with reality.

I sincerely hope he is getting the help he so desperately needs.

oh my gosh.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Please go find USA320 and escape with him to Brokespsyche Mountain and torture yourselves emotionally for the rest of your lives.

P.S. dont take the internet with you.

oh my gosh.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Please go find USA320 and escape with him to Brokespsyche Mountain and torture yourselves emotionally for the rest of your lives.

P.S. dont take the internet with you.
Relax... we're just having some long overdue fun with a person who deserves it more than anyone in the history of this forum. ;)

767jetz:

I elected to stop posting on the Internet in a number of forums to spend more time with my family, especially with the success our two kid’s are having in their endeavors. A few of my colleagues told me about your posts and I have elected to respond. I’m not going to waste my time going back-and-forth with you, except to say you’re way off base. In virtually every post I made about your company I always qualified my report with comments like, “Will this occur? Maybe, maybe not.†How come you left that out? None of my reports on potential corporate transactions said they would occur or were an absolute, but I simply indicated there were detailed in-depth discussions occurring within the CCY/WHQ executive suites between the parties.

I find it interesting that you shrugged off three interviews with US Airways’ former chairman of the board David Bronner indicating he was interested in buying United assets for US Airways. Or you selectively dismissed two separate news media reports that US Airways was discussing buying United assets in what the companies called “Project Minnowâ€.

Finally, as I indicated over-and-over, United was very close to liquidating during its formal reorganization, which Glenn Tilton recently revealed in an interview with the AP’s Dave Carpenter. Are you going to dismiss this too?

See Story

As I said before, according to former CEODave Siegel, who told US Airways First Officer Tim Caroe and myself on our jumpseat, if the Iraqi War or SARS had lasted longer Bronner was prepared to buy United assets for US Airways. If you remember, I termed this the UCT and the news media later reported the potential deal between the two companies was called “Project Minnow.â€

Here’s the real issue: The issue is not whether or not I was wrong (which I was not) the issue is that my “inside information†obtained from sources outside of US Airways was too painful for you to handle. Instead of accepting the report as a potential outcome, you attempted to discount the information, even though US Airways’ chairman of the board said he was interested in the deal. That was not USA320Pilot’s comments, it was US Airways’ chairman of the board. Did you miss that key point?

Your denial is evident, just like your denial with United’s energy cost problem on basing its POR on crude oil prices of $50 per barrel. It’s my understanding that each $1 increase of the cost of crude oil increases United’s fuel expense by $60 million per year, thus United clearly has a problem to the tune of more than $700 million per year with current jet fuel prices.

When you couple this problem with $3 billion in new debt and the requirement to pay off $1.25 billion in DIP financing and pay the pilots $550 million for the ALPA pension change. That’s $1.8 million of the new loan accounted for already and not available to the corporate treasury. Moreover, with the new debt comes very high interest payments, a total debt service of $17 billion, the carrier now mortgaged to the hilt with the new loan is secured with just about every asset that United owns, the balance sheet remains weak.

Thus, what can be done.

I have no reason to presently believe that a United corporate transaction is on the immediate horizon, but Tilton is a proponent of consolidation. With United indicating it has no capacity to grow and its five-year business plan predicting a stagnant company between now and 2010, United still has a very long way to go to have a sustainable business plan, therefore, you could still have a corporate transaction in your future.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

PineyBob:

I believe you misunderstood me. In my previous post in this topic I never said a corporate transaction would occur between US Airways and United, espcially after US Airways Captain Ken Newberry over heard on a Shuttle flight United senior executives discussing their dismay that Bruce Lakefield rejected United's BOD's latest merger attempt, when the then Arlington-based company chose the America West merger instead.

I was talking about M&A Activity in general terms "since changes in the regulatory environment are likely to permit mergers between major US airlines," according to United CEO Glenn Tilton.

According to the Financial Times, "Many industry observers expect a reorganised United to take part in future consolidation", which in my opinion (like with US Airways), may be the only way for United to further lower unit costs enough to compete long-term, especially with current energy prices.

See Story

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Whatever tenuous grasp on reality that may have developed over the past couple of months has apparently slipped away in a matter of hours ...

What a setback.

Bear96:

With all due respect, you're truly clueless.

Obviously you're in denial regarding David Bronner's public comments, the news media reports regarding "Project Minnow", and the integrity of US Airways Captain Ken Newberry.

Did a deal happen between US Airways and United post September 11? No. Were multiple different deals actively discussed within the executive suites? Yes, according to the news media and in particular the "Project Minnow" public reports.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the search for a deal began in the fall of 2003, when David Siegel was still US Airways' chief executive officer. Siegel had led US Airways through its first bankruptcy and wrested more than $1 billion in concessions from the company's labor unions. But even as the carrier completed a painful round of cost cuts and emerged from bankruptcy, Siegel knew US Airways was still too small and too inefficient to compete against discounters such as Southwest, which had already announced plans to start service in Philadelphia, a US Airways' hub.

Siegel was convinced that for US Airways to avoid the fate of failed carriers such as Eastern Airlines and Pan Am, both of which liquidated in the 1980s, he would have to bring US Airways' costs down further and position the airline for consolidation with another carrier. He explored several options.

(One was to) Acquire United Airlines, the nation's No. 2 carrier. That option was code-named "Project Minnow," with US Airways as the small fish gobbling the bigger one.

See Story

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back