Mda Pilot Contract Provisions

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
LOA 91 provides that if MDA is sold in its entirety, then 100 percent of its pilots and their current contract go with the aircraft.

As a condition of continued aircraft financing, in June GECAS required that fragmentation rights not apply to the MDA EMB-170s, and that was agreed to by both ALPA and the Company per LOA 91. Thus, if MDA is sold in pieces per the current Republic-US Airways MOU, the MDA pilots will not have fragmentation rights, however, they still have J4J opportunities with US Airways' EMB-170s.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Thus, if MDA is sold in pieces per the current Republic-US Airways MOU, the MDA pilots will not have fragmentation rights, however, they still have J4J opportunities with US Airways' EMB-170s.
1/3rd of the current MDA pilot list is from the CEL, not the APL. Even though they are currently AAA ALPA represented pilots, they are not on the APL, and thus not qualified for JFJ positions.

This is something that will have to be decided by ALPA. If those pilots are to be "added to the bottom" of the current APL list.

Valid point, Rico. Additionally, I believe only 50% of the jobs are required to be J4J's positions in an asset sale - I posted it here somewhere yesterday.

Hopefully, things will work out for you folks at MDA.

Jim

BoeingBoy:

That's correct, with an asset sale on 50% of the jobs are required to be offered to APL pilots per J4J, but that does not cover CEL pilots. Chautauqua is already a J4J participating wholly owned carrier.

US Airways said that should the sale of aircraft be completed, Republic has agreed to honor all existing agreements US Airways has with regard to MidAtlantic. Consequently, Republic expects to have jobs for many of the current MidAtlantic employees.

See Story

Maybe today's Republic conference call will provide more details.

See conference call

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Chautauqua is already a J4J participating wholly owned carrier.

Consequently, Republic expects to have jobs for many of the current MidAtlantic employees.
[post="255825"][/post]​

Well, a participating affiliate carrier actually. And we'll just have to wait to see what "many" means. Personally, I hope it means "all".

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
Well, a participating affiliate carrier actually. And we'll just have to wait to see what "many" means. Personally, I hope it means "all".

Jim
[post="255828"][/post]​
"many" means as few as possible !

U 737 PILOT said:
"many" means as few as possible !
[post="255851"][/post]​

I hope you're wrong but fear you may be right, since Republic apparently has at least some control over how rapidly the planes are transferred - a rapid transfer might effectively force them to take more people.

Jim

What about the F/As? Thankfully they still have thier recall rights with mainline, but will they go to CHQ? If so, merged or seperate? US F/As do not have J4J, only MAA... I doubt CHQ wants 400 mainline F/As years senior to thier own, who will balk at the idea of working on ERJ145s in other airline's systems, and who didn't just fall off the tomato truck when it comes to contracts and such. And they certainly would not go if they had to apply or be stapled under a bunch of 19 year old commuter F/As.

These F/As would have been on A Scale by now, but instead endured several displacements both at mainline and MAA, a multiple year furlough, and a 40% pay cut and appalling contract to do the same type of flying they did before, indifference from thier senior counterparts who don't realize or care that they are mainline employees, all with a positive attitude. Now they are going to be back on furlough, with a space on a recall list for a shrinking airline that is contracting out all of the flying to other airlines. You really just cannot win with this company.

Face facts MDA people.. Your out of a job..

They are not buying MDA.. They are taking the aircraft and all the support structure that goes with it..

ALPA can do nothing.. The Siegal/ALPA dream is over.. Wake up.

USAirways is in BK and contracts mean nothing!!!! Take your 170 training that was paid for by the company and head over to Jet Blue, they will be glad to have you :up:

AP Tech said:
USAirways is in BK and contracts mean nothing!!!! Take your 170 training that was paid for by the company and head over to Jet Blue, they will be glad to have you :up:
[post="256017"][/post]​
:D :D YES YES, so true. Why oh why does anyone want to stay here under these horrible condiitions- if you can get out - GET OUT NOW!! Jetblue has the promise of a future, sadly US does not!

Oh come on.

Does anyone REALLY think that there is a single MidAtlantic pilot who is NOT trying to get an interview with Jetblue?

Or Southwest or FedEx or UPS or Alaska for that matter?

There aren't that many "career" companies hiring right now and competition is tough. I would imagine that Jetblue has quite a stack of MidAtlantic resumes, but that doesn't mean that their phones are ringing off the hook.

It seems like a MidAtlantic pilot would have to be a little offended when some senior mainline Captain says, "Take your E170 training and go to Jetblue!"

"Oh, ok Captain. I didnt think of that. I'll just GO to Jetblue. I'll show up on Monday. They're probably wondering where i've been."

Come on. You cant throw these guys to the wolves and then wonder why they're having trouble recovering!

The fact is that there are still 7000+ furloughed "major airline" pilots in the US right now and only a handful of good companies hiring. More and more flying is being transferred to regional affiliates where compensation and benefits are a fraction of what they were at the mainline.

We have successfully completed management's plan -- we "B-scaled" the profession. The fact is that there is no place for most of the furloughees to go -- and its not for lack of trying.

"Go to Jetblue"? Lets be realistic.

I think what they are getting at is if you are EMB-170 qualified you have an advantage over say someone who has be let go by American or United or something like that..

EMB-170 or A320 trained pilots are more than likely to get an interview and job at JetBlue vs Someone who is not.. You still have to be a Fit for the jetBlue culture but you do have an advantage.