Mechanics Contract Nego's Contract Proposals

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
***Friendly Reminder For All SWA AMT's***

Getting closer to that time of year again folks. Just received a reminder about the deadline on submitting in our "Contract Proposals". Deadline is Feb 23rd 10:00am.
Now is the time for the membership to submit any changes, benefits, increases, safety items ect... Now is the time to get involved as it takes the membership to control the way nego's go with AMFA, not some international big wig NON-Mechanic. Takes aprox 5-10 minutes to submit any contract proposals you may desire to have changed.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
Now that all the contract proposals are in our CPC will sort thru them all and prioritize them accordingly. Not sure if the co. will throw out an extension for the Mechanics as was indicated by the new guy that came in and got the last nego's done by taking the control away from the co's nego cmte, and getting it done and over with. However, with all that said, I have heard that some other related groups are wanting to change some language that reflects on their group, so some nego's will get done, they may very well still offer the Mechanics an extension like they have with 4-5 other groups on property.
I wish the CPC, nego cmte, and all officers engaging and prepping for nego's to start, the best of luck. No one will stand for another fiasco like the last one for sure. Let's get in there and get it done quickly SWA. Time to take care of the Employees again, you know, like back in the Herby days...

Now that all the contract proposals are in our CPC will sort thru them all and prioritize them accordingly. Not sure if the co. will throw out an extension for the Mechanics as was indicated by the new guy that came in and got the last nego's done by taking the control away from the co's nego cmte, and getting it done and over with. However, with all that said, I have heard that some other related groups are wanting to change some language that reflects on their group, so some nego's will get done, they may very well still offer the Mechanics an extension like they have with 4-5 other groups on property.
I wish the CPC, nego cmte, and all officers engaging and prepping for nego's to start, the best of luck. No one will stand for another fiasco like the last one for sure. Let's get in there and get it done quickly SWA. Time to take care of the Employees again, you know, like back in the Herby days...
Gonna go for 10 years this time?

You went seven years last time and gained no work, lost work and paid for your raises by allowing foreign outsourcing again

Don't forget about Mechanics nego's starting for the Mechanics at SWA starting in Aug. this year.
They mention the Pilots and F/A's are still negotiating, but no mention of the Mechanics also going into nego by Aug.

How many years are you going to take this time?

I say 10 since you went seven last time and gained zero new work, and paid for your raise by letting them outsource to Aeroman and other foreign based MROs.

Reactions: JimmyBop