Mechanics turn down the concessions.

And Mancityfan...what do you think the BK judge is going to think about the pilots pay and benefits? Oh I'm going to punish the mechanics for not playing ball but I'm still going to pay those pilots...hahahahahahah

Wow..now I'm scaring myself...lol

You know, I usually enjoy your posts, and definately get a kick out of what you have to say. On this subject however, you are just flat out wrong. The judge will not look at your contract and compare it to the pilots. Don't you GET IT? He doesn't sit down with the whole pie and try and fix ual's issues. He will deceide yes or no to whatever the company proposes on YOUR contract, regardless of anything else. ALPA, AFA 141, he WILL NOT be comparing them to each other. I can see it now....... Sir, we don't wanna take this MASSIVE 7% paycut, cuz the pilots get paid too much. (Alpa rep stands up, Sir, we took a 18% pay cut) The judge will laugh you out of his court. He won't listen to any whining about esop, avolar usair, retro, peb's amfa, or any of your other tired old bull-****. All I can say is DUH!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/28/2002 2:45:56 AM GGpillow wrote:

You know, I usually enjoy your posts, and definately get a kick out of what you have to say. On this subject however, you are just flat out wrong. The judge will not look at your contract and compare it to the pilots. Don't you GET IT? He doesn't sit down with the whole pie and try and fix ual's issues. He will deceide yes or no to whatever the company proposes on YOUR contract, regardless of anything else. ALPA, AFA 141, he WILL NOT be comparing them to each other. I can see it now....... Sir, we don't wanna take this MASSIVE 7% paycut, cuz the pilots get paid too much. (Alpa rep stands up, Sir, we took a 18% pay cut) The judge will laugh you out of his court. He won't listen to any whining about esop, avolar usair, retro, peb's amfa, or any of your other tired old bull-****. All I can say is DUH!
----------------
[/blockquote]

We don't think we're going to get a better deal, we know we are screwed. But you think a judge is going to go...ah ok, the pilots were so giving, I'll find the money elsewhere??? ha...the whole industry, government etc knows that the pilots contracts are ridiculas. And by the grace of God, economics and so forth, balance will be restored

Oh...he will do a little more than just that. Creditors will have to be paid and the judge will judicate the rules under US BK code. So assets will be sold, layoffs will ensue, and ALL contracts will come under scrutiny. Follow USAir, they are heading towards ch 7. And does anyone think they'll allow 8200 pilots to hang around...just because they were willing to take the largest paycut which still left the highest paid? I don't think so....As for us...we'll just leave and make a living elsewhere...life is what it is

So what you are saying, is that, you don't want a 7% paycut. Instead, you'd rather take a 15-20% pay cut, and a total mucking up of your benefits, just to see the pilots take it with a little less lube?

You are flat out wrong if you think the judge will compare your package with the pilots. He will decide to abrogate your contract or not. That is it!

BTW, I'm not a pilot. Just so we have that clear.

PS to all the well meaning, hard working, family loving mechanics out there who do great work day in day out, I apologize in advance for some of the comments that may have spilled over from my loathing of MM.

Gee, just because I express my viewpoints I'm not well meaning or hard working. Talk about malicious, ever think about anger management courses???

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/28/2002 2:42:10 AM mancityfan wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/28/2002 2:19:41 AM mastermechanic wrote:

And Mancityfan...what do you think the BK judge is going to think about the pilots pay and benefits? Oh I'm going to punish the mechanics for not playing ball but I'm still going to pay those pilots...hahahahahahah
----------------
[/blockquote]

MM,

I guess the BK judge will cross that bridge when Tilton puts the request in front of him. However, having voted to take the LARGEST PAYCUTS, and having voted by the WIDEST MARGIN to try and help the company, I think old Glenn might look at ALPA as an ally, rather than arch enemy. Remember, if we go bankrupt, the copmpany can just tell the judge that the company is happy to accept the current agreed to cuts by everyone who has ratified them. Then, when the discussion turns to the IAM, Tilton can have his wicked way with your CBA. Of course, the IAM will try and negotiate, but if you think YOU are in the driver's seat in THAT negotiation, then you really DO have a screw loose!

Listening to some of you guys complain about history is pathetic. Sooner or later you will ALL realize that we are MAKING history, not repeating it! NO airline the size of UAL has EVER gone CH 11, and certainly not in the worst aviation market EVER! And we are all one Stinger missile short of the street, so enjoy it while you can! I can only hope that the 57% majority have not ruined the lives of the 43% who apparently think 6-7% is NOT the MASSIVE, DEEP cut that you feel is just too onerous to even contemplate. I am sure those 43% ae SO very proud of your scorched earth policy of negotiating.

Were you not so pathetic and masochistic, I could feel sorry for you, but should this end up in CH 11, I hope you get everything you deserve and a bit extra for good measure! Time for you to crawl back under your rock!

I guess the saving grace is that no matter how much I might lose in BK, I will STILL be streets ahead of you, and I will still be a pilot! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

mancityfan

PS to all the well meaning, hard working, family loving mechanics out there who do great work day in day out, I apologize in advance for some of the comments that may have spilled over from my loathing of MM.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Does this mean I'm not invited over for Thanksgiving Dinner [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']

I guess the saving grace is that no matter how much I might lose in BK, I will STILL be streets ahead of you, and I will still be a pilot! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bravo....Bravo, thats really what's it is all about isn't Mancity....being ahead of everyone else in this company. Your such a sky warrior, if I were a chick I'd be soooo turned on right now

Latest posts