Mechanics-WN versus U

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 9/16/2002 4:23:28 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

but is that the right thing to do?.I say NOT. Vote NO.

Have to agree with you there, willnotworkforfree! And, flyonthewall, do you also see the handwriting on the wall too? Voting yes is not a guarantee of keeping your job.

Confirming my NO vote on Tuesday, September 17.

Jet Mechanic

Atleast you might find employment eleswhere! Although WN is properly staffed ( maybe small hiring at best ), wishing all the best of luck tommorrow !

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 4:12:35 PM flyonthewall wrote:

[FONT size=2]

Southwest is approaching 400 airplanes with only 1,200 mechanics, US Airways has 280 airplanes with 4,200 mechanics. A yes vote will save many jobs.[/P][/FONT]
----------------
[/blockquote]

Sure you don't mean a yes vote will save many union official's jobs? Who stands the most to lose in a no vote? The IAM leadership.

Vote no and vote often.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 5:57:30 PM Steiner wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 5:15:17 PM us10 wrote:

Steiner;

Your are not a U employee, who did you say you worked for?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Why does that matter? Need some personal data to try to toast my chestnuts with? I'm a mechanic and I am very familiar with the IAM. I've also voted no on every vote the IAM let me vote on.

Really, I think some of the folks around here are gonna pop a gasket in the next 24 hours.

Be sure to vote no, and vote often.
----------------
Steiner it only matters because your telling U employees to vote no and possibly fall on the sword while sit on the sidelines with nothing to loose and probably alot to gain.Who did you say you worked for?

Voting yes may not be a guarantee of saving everyone's job, but you can bet that voting no will do more to jeopardize EVERYONE's job. At least voting yes gives the company the chance to restructure so that you can recoup your losses down the road in healthy economy and with a healthy balance sheet. Voting no pretty much puts liquidation back on the front burner. What do you think the judge will decide? He has two choices: either throw out the contract or keep it intact. Keeping it intact does nothing more than jeopardize US Airways restructure. So, in other words, it makes liquidation a very distinct possibility. If you think the threat of a strike is leverage, in this case, you're mistaken. Don't find out the hard way.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 5:15:17 PM us10 wrote:

Steiner;

Your are not a U employee, who did you say you worked for?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Why does that matter? Need some personal data to try to toast my chestnuts with? I'm a mechanic and I am very familiar with the IAM. I've also voted no on every vote the IAM let me vote on.

Really, I think some of the folks around here are gonna pop a gasket in the next 24 hours.

Be sure to vote no, and vote often.

Cat111;

I think the point is if the judge cancels the contract the scope is gone.SW doesn't do the work because they don't have scope coverage for that work.SW management must see some benefit in farming the work out.

[blockquote]
----------------
Steiner it only matters because your telling U employees to vote no and possibly fall on the sword while sit on the sidelines with nothing to loose and probably alot to gain.Who did you say you worked for?

----------------
[/blockquote]

Let's review.
-A yes vote affects me by having U folks take paycuts and lose jobs. Some will eventually show up in farm-out shops where they will help to unionize the shops and raise their wages. The other airlines try to push around their labor groups to match any percieved cost advantages U may have. U gets to do this again. (Build a thousand houses, etc.)
-A no vote affects me by having U folks take paycuts and lose jobs. Some will eventually show up in farm-out shops where they will help to unionize the shops and raise their wages. The IAM looks very ineffectual in the spotlight.
-The real vote is that do you really think that the IAM will let this be anounced as another no vote? Is this your
first vote with the IAM?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 6:55:21 PM Steiner wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Let's review.
-A yes vote affects me by having U folks take paycuts and lose jobs. Some will eventually show up in farm-out shops where they will help to unionize the shops and raise their wages. The other airlines try to push around their labor groups to match any percieved cost advantages U may have. U gets to do this again. (Build a thousand houses, etc.)
-A no vote affects me by having U folks take paycuts and lose jobs. Some will eventually show up in farm-out shops where they will help to unionize the shops and raise their wages. The IAM looks very ineffectual in the spotlight.
-The real vote is that do you really think that the IAM will let this be anounced as another "no" vote? Is this your
first vote with the IAM?

----------------
[/blockquote]

OK Steiner got ya, I think, BTW who did you say you worked for?

Status
Not open for further replies.