merged contract

airportman

Senior
Sep 23, 2005
WHY HAVE WE NOT BEEN SMART ENOUGH TO INSIST AFA HIRE A TEAM OF PEOPLE TO NEGOTIATE WHAT WE WANT WITH THE COMPANY......WE SEND MIKE,CAROL..US EAST AND GARY US WEST <IM MISSING SOMEONE HERE I KNOW> TO THE TABLE.

I THINK WE NEED TO HIRE A TEAM TO GO AFTER THE COMPANY.

A CONSULTANT LIKE TX TO SIT AT THE TABLE AND GO AFTER THEM, USE THE MEDIA LIKE ONLY SHE CAN.

THEY GOT JERRY NO REASON THAT WE CANT

WE ARE OUR OWN WORSE ENEMY....HAVE WE LEARNED NOTHING FROM ALPA, OR OURSELVES

TIME FOR BOTH EAST AND WEST TO SWALLOW THEIR PRIDE AND HIRE WHAT WE NEED TO GET IT DONE

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION

AIRPORTMAN

AIRPORTMAN,

I know you're talking about the AFA, but the same thing comes up periodically in ALPA so I'll stick my nose in.....

Any negotiator, no matter how talented, is only as good as the backing they receive from the MEC and membership. Using ALPA's LOA 93 as an example, no negotiator can do anything when enough of the MEC & membership is demanding a vote on a company proposal - that effectively removes any negotiator from the process by rendering them powerless.

At the end of the day, there's only one Truth in negotiations - you'll never get better than you're willing to risk losing your job fighting for. As long as the overriding concern of the membership is keeping their jobs, the company has you exactly where they want you. The best negotiator that money can buy won't change that.

Jim

AIRPORTMAN,

I know you're talking about the AFA, but the same thing comes up periodically in ALPA so I'll stick my nose in.....

Any negotiator, no matter how talented, is only as good as the backing they receive from the MEC and membership. Using ALPA's LOA 93 as an example, no negotiator can do anything when enough of the MEC & membership is demanding a vote on a company proposal - that effectively removes any negotiator from the process by rendering them powerless.

At the end of the day, there's only one Truth in negotiations - you'll never get better than you're willing to risk losing your job fighting for. As long as the overriding concern of the membership is keeping their jobs, the company has you exactly where they want you. The best negotiator that money can buy won't change that.

Jim

Well I agree with you somewhat.

Although I think thease negotiations are a bit different then before........merged contracts.

I throughly think a professional would be the best couse for the afa...our people are good union reps however we need to deal with lcc with strong front of experienced people.....

THE OLD WAY IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST WAY

THAT 39.00 A MONTH....NEEDS TO START PAYING OFF.

Well I agree with you somewhat.

Although I think thease negotiations are a bit different then before........merged contracts.
I throughly think a professional would be the best couse for the afa...our people are good union reps however we need to deal with lcc with strong front of experienced people.....
THE OLD WAY IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST WAY

THAT 39.00 A MONTH....NEEDS TO START PAYING OFF.
I vote for you to negotiate for us, airportman! That would be worth at least 40.00 a month!

AIRPORTMAN,

Jim

Jim,

You have a real talent of distilling it down to the truth. Thanks for your participation on this forum and others.

I vote for you to negotiate for us, airportman! That would be worth at least 40.00 a month!

NO THANKS IM A F/A NOT TRAINED FOR NEGOTIATIONS.....BTW YOUR DUES GO WAY UP SOON AS WE APPROACH THE 5 YEAR MARK SINCE THE AFA/CWA MERGER.......

When we were Teamsters we had professionals at the table. The Truth is when your membership is at the mercy of International Manipulation and individuals at the Table are setting there sights on the bigger picture the Company will take advantage of the distraction.
The former IBT negotiators are Judges in Los Angeles and my hero S.R. is a judge on the 6th circuit in San Francisco.

Ultimately the membership will dictate the outcome of there cintract it just Simply put if you can not put your petal to the metal its all smoke and mirrors. Just so I do not say the I want a new Union there is no Union on this Earth that can give you something without a Fight. Those days have been beaten out of most of you and do REMEMBER the MOTTO ITS ALL ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up at 0400 and am now cleaning the House both myself and the other. Cheers to my enlightenment I have lost 20 pounds over night and a size......sch sch 2 ...don't hate me adios for now............ This message is for Piney

Latest posts