Merger mess stalls US Airways plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this before so I'll ask it again: When will you take your business to another airline? How much abuse, as a customer, are you willing to take from US Airways?

I'm amazed that you, as a customer, put up with the inferior product that you portray US to be, posting complaint after complaint - yet you still purchase their (US's) product. US management must love customers like you, because they can offer to sell a bad product and you will buy it. There is no reason for US to improve - heck, they could cut / cheapen their "product" even further and you would still continue to purchase it.

Here is my answer: I am gone already. Forget the lousy product, lack of amenities--that means little in the general scheme of things. The company's inability to provide RELIABLE transportation at this time, coupled with US' inability to provide adequate customer service WHEN there is a problem was the icing on the cake for me.

I took a weather delayed trip on UA last week--handled beautifully by UA personnel. They had adequate resources to accommodate people from a previously cancelled flight PLUS those on the flight I was on.

I have so far booked $1000 in travel on AA over the next week, and as a nobody on AA I have received exemplary service-the web site WORKS-two trips booked in about 8 minutes. Oh--the fares were first class from JFK to MIA and business from MIA to SDQ and the whole trip was about half of what US quoted! The call to AA res when I had to make a change was handled professionally and politely by someone in the United States!!!

I will continue the fight for my members, but I think most of us have already moved on...and I believe the revenue numbers will reflect it soon...yields way down.

The employee morale is lower now than it EVER was with CCY...and I am hearing things from within that things are not so great in the Sand Castle either.

I am still shaking my head, but the bottom line for me is I gotta be there when I gotta be there.

My best to you all....

I read all the banter back and forth Shares or Sabre ...the employees that worked in both systems know Sabre Rocks....BUT the reality is we are stuck with Shares -- so make it work -- I don't see management going back to Sabre at this point so maybe we need to start complaining about an IT dept that can work faster..and fix this piece of junk we are forced to work with using multiple workarounds on a daily basis.

they say that copier Sales Reps have no morals. On my sleaziest day I look like the Pope...............
Pope Piney, Congratulations on your elevation! Now there are a few things I would like changed............................... <G>

Not to quibble but if memory serves ALL of last years profit came from the East. HP were it standalone actually showed a net loss which means the efforts of the East subsidized HP. Hey at least the East Covered Dougies Salary for him.

Jerk, thats all that can be said. COMPLETE JERK!!! You must be single or in a miserable partnership of some type.

We are all prisoners in the sea of ALPA but who could not see it coming I know that DP and his madhatters realized that East Coast Leaders would bow and blow him. These are individuals that have carried around this charade for how many contracts. It is a shame but I have nothing but real personal stories about your leaders It stated with BEBEE, TOSI,WORTHLESS,Pollack,baby son of Jack Stephan. How can you guys think that anyone takes you seriously.Lets not forget Don B who has dinner and drinks at Dougie house. It sounds like you guys are marshmellows

Somehow, this is true. Our leadership is as mixed up as we have become working for them. But, AWA needed US AIRWAYS, as much, both directions into to future. Doug will become the new, Mr. Bush. He and his boys have/had a vision. 35,000 wait for the results. He might not be the CEO in a year or two, but they saw the world changing. It ain't about us, but about the evolution of the airlines. Luck to us who can help. Have a Nice Day.

:blink: :p ;)
How about make it USWest and keep USAirways ( East side ) as is... keep West and East separate- split the incoming aircraft - give west the Embraers to expand out West, give them the 767's to fly to Hawaii - give East the majority of the new 330's and 350's. Possibly this could satisfy everybody who is bitter and angry. Tempe needs to find a way to make peace and it is NEVER going to magically happen until the BOD replaces DP and his incompetent management team. Then when UAL bids to take over US they can merge TED into USWEST and United mainline into USEAST. Might just work!
;) ;) B) B) :rolleyes:

They sure don't like it when an East Customer points out that their Emporer is not only naked but drunk.
Don't forget, getting rich off the employees, customers and shareholders. I don't really mind if the CEO of the company I'm flying is drunk (or even passed out in the back of the plane because HP gave him too much liquor on the way to New Mexico), but when he messes with my lively hood (because my ass is stuck in those damn seats way too much) then he's crossed the line.

Many of us put up with HP because most of the other carriers flying into Phoenix (NW, DL, UL) were falling apart and eliminating flights. But now that they are coming back, we are moving back (well maybe not NW, but you get my point) to them.

Honestly I doubt there was anything US could do to keep my business after UL and DL started adding flights out of Phoenix (though the pie was actually pretty good).

You know if he ran a solid customer focused profitable operation I wouldn't give a hoot in Hades if he was backstabbing, toilet hugging, Sh_t faced, slobbering drunk! 24/7/365

But that's NOT he case is it?

What if he was a Scab?

Don't bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts